Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link Tapo c200 Smart Cam Pan and tilt Home WiFi Camera $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 11:41 am
Oct 27, 2019
222 posts
81 upvotes
Does anyone know if you can stream the video live on google home display? I know wyze, you can, but its soo horrible and the stream never really works properly.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2196 posts
1268 upvotes
GTA
purplekush604 wrote: I feel like Wyze would be a better choice but tplink also makes good products
Wyze has a flaw that it takes 5 minutes cooling period between recordings - that was well mentioned in many reviews. Do a search and see it yourself.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2006
4630 posts
107 upvotes
Oakville
Where's the coupon?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3171 posts
489 upvotes
I see the coupon, but it doesn't seem to get applied, even after I checked out. Cancelled order.
Nov 20, 2019
30 posts
89 upvotes
mc_molineux wrote: I see the coupon, but it doesn't seem to get applied, even after I checked out. Cancelled order.
Same thing happened to me too, had to cancel my order as well. Weird.
Feb 7, 2010
237 posts
45 upvotes
Kingston
RCPC101 wrote: Does anyone know if you can stream the video live on google home display? I know wyze, you can, but its soo horrible and the stream never really works properly.
I'd be interested in this capability if it is available. I currently own a Wyze Pan camera and use it as a baby camera. I can tell you it has BAD integration with google display. There is loading time to boot up the stream and in addition, there is a good solid 5 sec delay in the stream. I also find I have to relink the account often to get the stream working on the google display I have in the kitchen. I'd be interested in buying this if it does have better integration with google home display.
Dec 6, 2012
300 posts
142 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
DragOnT wrote: Wyze has a flaw that it takes 5 minutes cooling period between recordings - that was well mentioned in many reviews. Do a search and see it yourself.
That is the free option. It records 12 sec and waits 5 minutes before another recording. But it is unlimited recording.

If you want continuous recording, you can subcribe to Complete Motion Capture (CMC) or insert a Micro SD card to record continuously. They have a free trial - no credit card for CMC.

https://services.wyze.com/detail/cmc

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -Recording
Last edited by donbamo on Jun 30th, 2020 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 10, 2018
54 posts
55 upvotes
cheystar wrote: Was looking for a wifi camera for a friend as a baby cam. Amazon has the TP-Link Tapo C200 Smart Cam Pan Tilt Home WiFi Camera on sale now for $49.99 – $15 coupon = $34.99+tax. Works with Alexa and google home. This is the first time I’m using a tp-link camera so can’t say on how good or bad it would be, but YouTube reviews have looked promising.
They also have a non pan and tilt version for $29.99
Tp-link Taco C100 (non pan and tilt version)
4BB4E75D-85E8-48BB-93FA-72B46FD2CC0A.pngB1AA7FE6-1FA0-4434-B77E-F0BCCB9E51E4.jpeg
Coupon appeared for me after awhile and applied correctly. However I noticed the tax is charged on the original price amount rather than the coupon applied amount despite what it says
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8721 posts
3682 upvotes
Toronto
M.D. wrote: Where's the coupon?
It's gone now

Anyone got recommendations for another camera? Gotta get and set one up before I go in a week and half
Apr 29, 2016
2 posts
That price was only showing up on my end after approval for the Amazon MC

"Get a $15 Amazon.ca Gift Card instantly, plus up to 5% back for 6 months after approval for the Amazon.ca Rewards Mastercard.
Pay $34.99 for this order after approval."
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4637 posts
1138 upvotes
Wat
I'd buy the non-pan/tilt version for $30 if it has better integration with echo show than wyze. Very limited reviews though.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15142 posts
16132 upvotes
Oakville
scrubfordeals wrote: Anyone think this might be a cheap temporary option to keep inside the window pointing just outside the front door?
Works fine for that purpose. Just keep in mind that the IR light won't pass through the glass at night, so you will need exterior lighting on.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3698 posts
3782 upvotes
Vancouver
cheystar wrote: I don’t know if this is what you’re look for

https://www.tapo.com/uk/faq/70/
We seem to be overwhelming their web site at the moment, but I was able to see the page on one refresh - apparently about how to connect to a NAS using ONVIF/RTSP protocol. I was looking for something simpler like a web recording service operated by TP-Link, or better yet FTP recording to a remote server so I don't have to run a special app on the server.

Even if the pan/tilt model coupon doesn't work any more, the fixed-mount model at $30 still seems like a good deal too. I have both pan/tilt and fixed cameras, and I find I don't use the pan/tilt feature enough to be worthwhile in most applications. It's mostly fixed view with motion detect.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4436 posts
2527 upvotes
mikesanity wrote: Anyone know if this works in the Kasa app like other TP link products? Doesn’t seem to say in the description.

Nevermind.. looks like the app is called Tapo for this camera
Such a missed opportunity. Seriously every manufacturer is failing at creating an unified smart home ecosystem, instead it's patchwork of Kasa, Wyze, IFTTT, Google Assistant, Nest for me...and lacking patience to fiddle with IFTTT more.