[Amazon.ca] TP-Link WiFi AX3000 X60 Mesh WiFi - $399.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 12:33 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2007
422 posts
171 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] TP-Link WiFi AX3000 X60 Mesh WiFi - $399.99

This is what I've been collecting my UGO bonus cards for.
Seems like a good deal for the performance you get.
Lowest it have been on Amazon.
The Deco M5 I have setup at my parents seems to be working quite well, hopefully this does not disappoint.
22 replies
Oct 21, 2011
45 posts
21 upvotes
2pk is $299 on Amazon as well. These are the regular sale price that’s it’s been at for a few times this year.

I have an x60 for a few months now and no issues at all.

Now TP-Link is based in that no so friendly country so your call on what you believe and support.
Mar 17, 2015
222 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got x20 during Black Friday and I can see more stability compared to M5. I wonder if this is worth considering my 100mb max speed :-)
Oct 15, 2006
317 posts
130 upvotes
Markham
I've had these for about a month now and it has been perfect for my household. Very stable and easy to use. I had the linksys velop for about 2 weeks before I picked these up and was having constant problems. I highly recommend the x60
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4964 posts
4056 upvotes
Edmonton
I regret getting my Orbi Mesh. Should've gone for TP-Link or Asus. I setup an M5 at a friend's house and the Tp-Link app seems more stable with better features. I hate how orbi is always trying to sell different subscription services.

Over the past decade Asus has always been the most consistent brand routers in my experience. Haven't used their mesh yet but next upgrade I'll probably go Asus, TP-link or just pony up for ubiquiti.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 23, 2016
70 posts
62 upvotes
London
Quick question - I've been holding off until a 6e version comes out, are you guys not concerned about not being able to take advantage of the 6ghz band on new devices?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1036 posts
663 upvotes
Canada
CruJones83 wrote: Quick question - I've been holding off until a 6e version comes out, are you guys not concerned about not being able to take advantage of the 6ghz band on new devices?
You will have to wait for 2 years if you want 6e, are you that patient ?
Feb 6, 2015
174 posts
89 upvotes
Calgary
CruJones83 wrote: Quick question - I've been holding off until a 6e version comes out, are you guys not concerned about not being able to take advantage of the 6ghz band on new devices?
elgros4 wrote:
You will have to wait for 2 years if you want 6e, are you that patient ?
And then some new technology will come out, and you'll have to wait for that.

If it was me, I'd buy it if I needed it. Particularly for those who work from home.

Otherwise, waiting doesn't hurt, especially if your not an early adopter of technology. I have... one wifi 6 device in my house... And of course zero 6ghz devices.
Nov 25, 2006
421 posts
226 upvotes
I am also holding out for 6e. I suppose some needs are a bit more urgent so people are willing to buy the current AX tech now. It will be years until majority of consumer devices will have 6e compatibilities anyway.
Nov 23, 2016
70 posts
62 upvotes
London
elgros4 wrote: You will have to wait for 2 years if you want 6e, are you that patient ?
There are already 6e products on the market (or will be coming very soon). Article from 3 months ago, but it says it's planned for a release in December. Or are you saying that you'll have to wait 2 years for a Mesh set up with 6e?

https://www.cnet.com/news/asus-just-unv ... -axe11000/
Nov 23, 2016
70 posts
62 upvotes
London
rogerchoi wrote: I am also holding out for 6e. I suppose some needs are a bit more urgent so people are willing to buy the current AX tech now. It will be years until majority of consumer devices will have 6e compatibilities anyway.

Yeah, it's not super urgent for me but I am moving to a new house in March and thought I'd upgrade then, but I was under the impression that Wi-Fi 6e was an early 2021 thing. I only upgrade my home network once every 5 years or so (and never had a more expensive mesh system). I think once 6e comes out it will be a little while before 7.
Nov 25, 2006
421 posts
226 upvotes
CruJones83 wrote:
Yeah, it's not super urgent for me but I am moving to a new house in March and thought I'd upgrade then, but I was under the impression that Wi-Fi 6e was an early 2021 thing. I only upgrade my home network once every 5 years or so (and never had a more expensive mesh system). I think once 6e comes out it will be a little while before 7.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well. My current D-link is working well enough for 20+ devices I have connected, but I want to improve the speed at one end of the house when the time comes. Linksys Velop MX8400 would be my choice if I upgraded now.
Aug 17, 2008
673 posts
70 upvotes
Should I go with this or the 3 pack Google Mesh Wi Fi (1st gen)? The Google mesh wifi is like $50 cheaper but it's WiFi 5.
Dec 14, 2019
32 posts
30 upvotes
Have been M9plus, does tri-band to dual-band make a difference? Quite happy with M9, does it make sense to upgrade to AX?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4676 posts
2032 upvotes
GTA
hunt3rshadow wrote: Should I go with this or the 3 pack Google Mesh Wi Fi (1st gen)? The Google mesh wifi is like $50 cheaper but it's WiFi 5.
Tough call. I personally don't trust TP-Link to keep their products up to date software and security wise. Things like switches and access points are one thing but I don't think I'd use a TP-Link router to be the "gatekeeper" on my home network.

Google is more likely to keep security in mind. But at the same time, it's Google so take that for what you will
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3412 posts
3003 upvotes
Toronto
CruJones83 wrote: There are already 6e products on the market (or will be coming very soon). Article from 3 months ago, but it says it's planned for a release in December. Or are you saying that you'll have to wait 2 years for a Mesh set up with 6e?

https://www.cnet.com/news/asus-just-unv ... -axe11000/
Canada started consultation on using the 6 GHz band for Wi-Fi last month.

It will mostly likely take 2 years before it is available to be used.

You could buy hardware with the ability to use this band, but will not be active until then.

Government of Canada launches consultation on proposal for licence-exempt spectrum to support greater choice and affordability of wireless services

Consultation on the Technical and Policy Framework for Licence-Exempt Use in the 6 GHz Band

Canadian WIFI6E consulation has begun thread
Feb 19, 2013
80 posts
125 upvotes
Calgary
This or the eero 6? what are the main differences? both are dual band, wifi 6. eero is cheaper