Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Tractive Dog GPS, $45.78 plus subscription, $12/month to month or $8 month (pay for the year).

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 7:59 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 4, 2012
60 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Tractive Dog GPS, $45.78 plus subscription, $12/month to month or $8 month (pay for the year).

Tractive Dog GPS. Lowest price I have seen on Amazon. You will need to subscribe to use it, about $12 month to month, or about $8/month if you pay up front for a year. Great deal if you have a runner!
38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6925 upvotes
The NORTH
Tractive connects to AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Viaero Wireless USA.
Who is the provider you connect to in Canada?
[OP]
Dec 4, 2012
60 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
From what I have read it is Rogers, but I am not absolutely sure.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6925 upvotes
The NORTH
scubacuba wrote: From what I have read it is Rogers, but I am not absolutely sure.
Thanks.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35914 posts
22041 upvotes
Center of Universe
Good for your spouse also...what!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4764 posts
2103 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I am interested in this idea however it looks enormous.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2012
60 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
Not many options if you want GPS. I think it is the least expensive option now. Maybe get a bigger dog?!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4764 posts
2103 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
scubacuba wrote: Not many options if you want GPS. I think it is the least expensive option now. Maybe get a bigger dog?!!!!!
My dog is currently 30lbs at 4.5 months and will likely be in the 40-50lb range. I have no issues with the pricing, just seems like a really big device that might annoy her to have on her collar. Maybe when she's fully grown I'll re-evaluate and see if it wouldn't seem massive on her.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2012
60 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
My dog is 55 pounds, it won't be on all the time, only when we are hiking, at a cottage rental etc.., I'm actually more interested on putting it on my cat to see what he is up to for the day.
[OP]
Dec 4, 2012
60 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
I think that is Bluetooth crowdsourcing. Good idea, but It won't help if you lost your dog 5 minutes ago in the woods and you need to find it immediately.
Apr 21, 2017
479 posts
513 upvotes
Chelsea
It’s nowhere near the same, but we’ve put an AirTag on our dog. I feel if he runs, with the sheer number of people who own iDevices, I’ll have a rough estimate of where he is to narrow the search.

However, this GPS is great for the outdoor, and good price imo (plus, doesn’t seem THAT big)..
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4764 posts
2103 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Disciplinz wrote: airtag?
We're presently doing this however it nowhere near the same thing by any stretch. There are no live updates (minutes between updates) with AirTags so it's only ever going to get you a rough idea of the location you need to be and you're always going to be a step behind. In areas that are not densely populated you're going to get much less (if any) assistance. Having said that I do think it is still better than nothing at all, hence why we used the last 1 from our 4 pack to slap on our puppy. The idea of a genuine GPS tracker when we're at the cottage, on hikes, etc. is quite appealing. I may just go for it and give it a test.
Oct 7, 2007
104 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Would this be good to hide it within bike tube for preventive theft measures? A lot of bike thieves these days...
Sep 25, 2015
669 posts
1286 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aznduk wrote: Would this be good to hide it within bike tube for preventive theft measures? A lot of bike thieves these days...
I doubt it will work in a tube that contains metal
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4864 posts
2929 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
ChicoQuente wrote: I am interested in this idea however it looks enormous.
My 12 pound cat had one for 3 years.

It's ok.

It work well and was a stress saver for me (outdoor cat with an ADHD personality).
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2339 posts
766 upvotes
I had an expensive trial of TELUS Track+ when the bloody beagle lost it on his first outing in the forest with it. I am on the hook for $5 x 24 months. TELUS also discontinued the service too.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1281 posts
211 upvotes
Calgary
We have the older 3G version, and it works well. The device is light, so it wouldn't be an issue for most dogs. The live tracking can be hit and miss, but it usually locks on within 3 minutes of activating. Battery life is good if you aren't live tracking (can get 36 hours of use).

Remember this will only work where the device can access cellular service - not a great option out in the woods, etc.

The company also does Black Friday deals - last year they had this device for $39.
Last edited by Derfel on Jul 29th, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2624 posts
1539 upvotes
aznduk wrote: Would this be good to hide it within bike tube for preventive theft measures? A lot of bike thieves these days...
That's actually a good use case for an airtag. Your bike isn't going to get stolen and end up in the woods, it'll end up near people - and likely people with iPhones.