Travelpro Platinum Magna 2 25 Inch Express Spinner Suiter, Black, One Size $207

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2017 9:14 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2004
612 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Travelpro Platinum Magna 2 25 Inch Express Spinner Suiter, Black, One Size $207

Travelpro Platinum Magna 2
25 Inch Express Spinner Suiter, Black, One Size

Amazon US currently has this on sale for $305 USD. Link is here.

This is one of the best travel suit cases I have ever used.

Wirecutter (New York Times) voted this luggage as "The best checked bag for most travelers". The link for the review of 26 different suitcases is here.

(from web) Our premium checked luggage in a large profile for longer trips with features that help keep suits and dresses wrinkle free. Crafted with premium durable fabrics, leather, and high-performance functionality. Eight MagnaTrac® self-aligning wheels provide a smooth, effortless 360-degree roll in any direction. Patented Contour Grip and PowerScope Extension Handle with stops at 38”, 40”, and 42.5” for extra, personalized comfort.

FEATURES
  • 360-degree dual spinner wheels featuring patented MagnaTrac® technology for self-aligning wheels that always roll straight
  • Patented Contour Grip for more comfort and greater control
  • Patented aluminum PowerScope Extension Handle for minimized wobble with multiple stops at 38", 40" and 42.5"
  • High-quality ballistic nylon fabric with DuraGuard® coating for stain and abrasion resistance
  • Deluxe suiter keeps clothes wrinkle-free during travel
  • SUPRA™ Zipper heads engineered to resist damage from daily use and abuse
  • Deluxe tie down system with built-in accessory pockets
  • Premium leather, low-profile top and side carry handles along with bottom handle cup for comfortable carrying options
  • Tapered expansion capability of up to 2" for maximized extra storage
  • Worry Free Lifetime Warranty

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

OVERALL DIMENSIONS
H: 27.5in W: 18in D: 11.25in
WEIGHT
9.9lbs
CASE DIMENSIONS
H: 25in W: 18in D: 11.25in
VOLUME
92.2L

This is a great price and lowest registered on camel3x.

-Callahan-
Images
  • tp1.jpg
  • tp2.JPG
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1868 posts
4015 upvotes
Vancouver
25 inch is an awkward size: too big for carry-on (definitely not allowed) but also not that big for a check-in luggage.
That said, this is a really good price for an EXCELLENT and upscale piece of luggage. I have the 20-inch version (bought it after TheWirecutter named it their pick) and have not been disappointed. You get what you pay for. It's built very nicely, uses premium materials (e.g. leather), looks great, and rolls very smoothly and straight thanks to the MagnaTrac technology.

If you're in the market for a medium-sized luggage, you could do much worse...

PS: after reading TheWirecutter again, they recommend this medium size and not the bigger one because the bigger 29-inch version would often result in making you go over the airline's weight limit. Fair point.
Feb 9, 2016
45 posts
17 upvotes
How is the 21" spinner @coolwasabi ? I was deciding between the 21"Magna 2 spinner but ended up getting the Briggs & Riley Sympatico 21" spinner on amazon back when it was sale. Briggs & Riley Sympatico 21" Spinner

Tempted to jump on this but worried that 25" might be a little small for anything you decide to bring home on your trip besides your own stuff.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1370 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how these wheels hold up against different types of rolling surfaces (ie cobblestone)? I have a Heys set with spinner wheels and find two main issues:

1) Only rolls well on smoother surfaces. Trying to roll on any uneven surface is just horrible and straining. My friend has another Heys set with bigger wheels which makes a huge differences.

2) Rolling becomes increasingly difficult when your luggage is fully loaded. Almost seems like the weight of the luggage is somehow pressing down on the wheels or something.

Anyone have this luggage and can comment?
[OP]
Jun 10, 2004
612 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
Price shot back up to $806.99 ( I grabbed another 1 before the spike).

Deal is now expired.

-Callahan-