[Amazon.ca] Tri-Lynx Leveler for RV $43.97

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2019 9:39 am
[OP]
Nov 17, 2015
51 posts
66 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Tri-Lynx Leveler for RV $43.97

Not the lowest price ever, seems to be in the mid-range area but with camping season here now, I know I will pick up a set at this price.
Images
  • 91xFb9pPWrL._SL1500_.jpg
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6136 posts
1921 upvotes
Calgary
2x6 boards are cheap, a lot cheaper than $44
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6136 posts
1921 upvotes
Calgary
adblink182 wrote: And a lot heavier..
because people who pull 5000lb+ bricks are concerned over 5lbs.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3495 posts
618 upvotes
Hamilton
T3rry wrote: because people who pull 5000lb+ bricks are concerned over 5lbs.
There is a reason why people pay top dollar for ultra light weight trailers. Like it or not weight matters.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6136 posts
1921 upvotes
Calgary
adblink182 wrote: There is a reason why people pay top dollar for ultra light weight trailers. Like it or not weight matters.
the different between 5000 and 7000 matters, the difference between 5000 and 5005, does not, at least not for $40 and significantly less functionality.

My comment has 5 likes, the OP has zero, you decide who is right...
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3495 posts
618 upvotes
Hamilton
The difference between choosing an item that weighs 10x the weight as a lighter option matters. You must not do much camping but trailers do not start at 5000lbs.

I'm NOT saying the OPs product is a great price, I'm saying this product does have a place and if you ever visit a campground you will see many people do in fact use them, regardless of how many likes on RFD you think matter.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19308 posts
2564 upvotes
Out west
T3rry wrote: the different between 5000 and 7000 matters, the difference between 5000 and 5005, does not, at least not for $40 and significantly less functionality.

One thing 5 lbs more doesn't. 20 things do. Any weight you can shave off is good.

Been camping for 20 years, always looking for ways to eliminate unneeded trailer weight
Jun 8, 2007
839 posts
211 upvotes
Oshawa
Got these on board my rig... Lighter.. So easier for the wife and kids to help. Easier to position and stack to required height with a duel axles then using lumber. A little more multi purposed as well.. Can use then for tongue jack and stab jacks.. Not to say lumber cannot but more lengths and sizes needed to bring along.

About $25 in the US for these if you are headed that way. Not sure its a popularity contest, but I like the lynx or many other similar pads. I usually have a little lumber along as well though for emergency repairs and other odd ball things that come up.

Mike
Mar 17, 2015
528 posts
879 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Bedpan wrote: Got these on board my rig... Lighter.. So easier for the wife and kids to help. Easier to position and stack to required height with a duel axles then using lumber. A little more multi purposed as well.. Can use then for tongue jack and stab jacks.. Not to say lumber cannot but more lengths and sizes needed to bring along.

About $25 in the US for these if you are headed that way. Not sure its a popularity contest, but I like the lynx or many other similar pads. I usually have a little lumber along as well though for emergency repairs and other odd ball things that come up.

Mike
You have to try these... Andersen Levelers. Father in law got them with his first trailer. I bought mine a week later... it's shocking how fast & easy leveling is now!! Priced at $58 ($116 for a pair) is not bad but if one is patient, they do drop to $49 periodically. Plus I can testify that Andersen stands behind their products & warranty.

ps I should add I still haul around a few 4x6 pieces of wood & the Andersen Levelers act as a ramp to get on them. Has come in handy at uneven dump stations & campsites!
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25388 posts
4507 upvotes
I do have a bunch of those blocks. I found them a pain sometimes. You wouldn't always know how many you need, and of you need to stack 3 of them, then you need to also stack some in front to make the climb. If you have dual wheels, this requires a lot of blocks.

I personally prefer these

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-44573-X-RV- ... el&sr=8-12
Jun 8, 2007
839 posts
211 upvotes
Oshawa
I actually bought the Andersen WDH for this trailer. Had some problems with it on our first trip with it down to Florida for March Break. Andersen over nighted the replacement parts to the campsite to fix things. Great company to deal with.

The Andersen Levelers I was hesitant to try. Some reviews online have then kicking out as you try and drive up on them. I did try and get them while I was down south but no stock anywhere.. Maybe I will throw a price watch on them and grab a set....
Wheatboy wrote: You have to try these... Andersen Levelers. Father in law got them with his first trailer. I bought mine a week later... it's shocking how fast & easy leveling is now!! Priced at $58 ($116 for a pair) is not bad but if one is patient, they do drop to $49 periodically. Plus I can testify that Andersen stands behind their products & warranty.

ps I should add I still haul around a few 4x6 pieces of wood & the Andersen Levelers act as a ramp to get on them. Has come in handy at uneven dump stations & campsites!
Jun 8, 2007
839 posts
211 upvotes
Oshawa
For those on the fence about the lynx levelers you should watch this

;-)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19308 posts
2564 upvotes
Out west
Wheatboy wrote: You have to try these... Andersen Levelers. Father in law got them with his first trailer. I bought mine a week later... it's shocking how fast & easy leveling is now!! Priced at $58 ($116 for a pair) is not bad but if one is patient, they do drop to $49 periodically. Plus I can testify that Andersen stands behind their products & warranty.

I bought those too. Fastest way to level after a lot of years. Easy to use and adjust.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1956 posts
478 upvotes
Calgary
WikkiWikki wrote: One thing 5 lbs more doesn't. 20 things do. Any weight you can shave off is good.

Been camping for 20 years, always looking for ways to eliminate unneeded trailer weight
starting with the money in your wallet seems like a weird place to start, but you do you.
Nov 30, 2015
86 posts
54 upvotes
BC
T3rry wrote:
bla bla bla....

gave one vote to OP...5-1 now...still in your favor....:)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6136 posts
1921 upvotes
Calgary
pulamea wrote: gave one vote to OP...5-1 now...still in your favor....:)
actually 9-1
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19308 posts
2564 upvotes
Out west
canehdianman wrote: starting with the money in your wallet seems like a weird place to start, but you do you.
Isnt that what money is for? And if this is an item you would use for years, or decades, that argument is pointless
Mar 17, 2015
528 posts
879 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Bedpan wrote: I actually bought the Andersen WDH for this trailer. Had some problems with it on our first trip with it down to Florida for March Break. Andersen over nighted the replacement parts to the campsite to fix things. Great company to deal with.

The Andersen Levelers I was hesitant to try. Some reviews online have then kicking out as you try and drive up on them. I did try and get them while I was down south but no stock anywhere.. Maybe I will throw a price watch on them and grab a set....
Re: levelers kicking out, been using 3+ yrs & has never happened. Only issue I had was when the wife forgot to remove on of the stop blocks, so when I drove off levelers, a corner broke. Contacted Andersen to purchase a replacement & after I told them what happened, they sent me a replacement at no charge.

Regarding their WDH, how do you like it? What problem did you have? I'll be purchasing one for us in a couple of weeks for our new trailer.
May 19, 2009
71 posts
29 upvotes
For those talking about the wood blocks - yes they can do the job. But if you’re like me and cross to the USA regularly, be prepared to lose them. They took all mine when I crossed last year. They don’t like untreated wood crossing. Needless to say I have the plastic ones now.