Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

True Detective Season 2 Blu-ray - $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2019 2:11 pm
Jan 5, 2006
458 posts
827 upvotes
Hamilton

[Amazon.ca] True Detective Season 2 Blu-ray - $3.99

Last edited by superdave316 on Dec 24th, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1355 posts
1346 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Have to pay me 3.99 to watch that mess again. What a letdown from Season 1.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
3347 posts
2475 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Poor performance by Vince Vaughn in season 2. His character is boring,
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Regardless of your thoughts on the season (I cant comment, as I haven't watched it). This is an amazing price for a full season of anything. Thanks OP!
Mar 1, 2018
74 posts
93 upvotes
Just bought it , thanks !

Loved season 1 , haven’t watched 2 or 3. Will do now since 4$ is amazing for full season on Blu Ray, thanks !
Sep 20, 2011
248 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Would love to grab 1 but then I have to buy a bluray player as well. Season 1 was something else. Great deal regardless.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
Melkor wrote: Regardless of your thoughts on the season (I cant comment, as I haven't watched it). This is an amazing price for a full season of anything. Thanks OP!
stevensi1018 wrote: Just bought it , thanks !

Loved season 1 , haven’t watched 2 or 3. Will do now since 4$ is amazing for full season on Blu Ray, thanks !
there is a reason that this is $4....
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
If you thought Season 2 was bad, Season 3 will have you heading to the Short Rope & Rickety Stool store. It makes GoT Season 8 look brilliant.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
4404 posts
4465 upvotes
brghunter wrote: If you thought Season 2 was bad, Season 3 will have you heading to the Short Rope & Rickety Stool store. It makes GoT Season 8 look brilliant.
Is that bad actually?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
Bad season, like super bad. But to complete the series....
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
mathewvc wrote: Is that bad actually?
The acting is above average from the two leads, but the storyline is terrible. Could easily have been done in 90 minutes. Way too much back-story and filler. And again, terrible storyline. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Oct 1, 2005
627 posts
487 upvotes
Kitchener
TFW you pass on a $4 blu-ray season set...
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
brghunter wrote: If you thought Season 2 was bad, Season 3 will have you heading to the Short Rope & Rickety Stool store. It makes GoT Season 8 look brilliant.
Nah, you're wrong. Season 2 was bad, but season 3 was pretty good. Not as good as season 1, but definitely watchable.

Season 2 is just hot garbage, and it's clear from the very first episode of the season. Still not as bad as GoT season 8 or the Witcher season 1.

From Wikipedia:

"The third season received much stronger reviews in comparison to the previous and was marked as a return to form for the series.

On Rotten Tomatoes, the season has a rating of 85%, based on 80 reviews, with an average rating of 7.41/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Driven by Mahershala Ali's mesmerizing performance, True Detective's third season finds fresh perspective by exploring real world events – though it loses some of the series' intriguing strangeness along the way."[82] On Metacritic, the season has a score of 71 out of 100, based on 32 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews"."
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
2717 posts
5378 upvotes
Winterpeg
I highly recommend this one... $7.99

11 22 63
Telus EPP - $40 30GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk/Text - Incl. Apple Watch LTE
Public Mobile $34 50GB 5G Unlimited Talk/Text Canada/US
TextNow SIM X 2 Unlimited US CAN MEX Talk/Text in US FREE! 1 CAD 1 US.
Fongo $17.99 12 month texting
Nov 10, 2005
514 posts
481 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: Poor performance by Vince Vaughn in season 2. His character is boring,
Vince Vaughn was the least of the problems with S2 - I found he had the best performance.

It's a great price for those who haven't seen it yet - but S2 is so bad that for most people this will just sit on the shelf and collect dust because you'll never want to watch it again.
May 29, 2009
335 posts
68 upvotes
ON
Is this a widely held take?

Admittedly, I've never looked up any critics opinions, but I didn't feel this way, and I never heard it from anyone I personally know who watched it.

Could the story have been told in fewer episodes (aka, is there filler)? Yes, but I think this is the case for just about any suspense based show. Even the amazing first season.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
Season 2 was like the Stranger Things S02E07 episode
RFD Alumnus
Dec 16, 2012
91 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto, ON
berklon wrote: Vince Vaughn was the least of the problems with S2 - I found he had the best performance.

It's a great price for those who haven't seen it yet - but S2 is so bad that for most people this will just sit on the shelf and collect dust because you'll never want to watch it again.
Agreed. Vaughn made do with the terrible dialogue the best he could and I found him to be the only really interesting character. The reason why S2 was so terrible was because it was rushed. Pizzolatto spent three years developing S1, it became an unexpected hit, then HBO asked him to crank out a second season in a few months so the characters ended up being one note and exaggerated stereotypes that have been beaten to death years ago. He also lost Cary Fukunaga (who directed all of S1) so it's kind of all over the place in terms of pacing - when everything finally gets interesting, the season ends abruptly. That being said, there were a few awesome action scenes (like the raid and shootout) that for $4 might be worth picking up for. It would've probably done better if it wasn't called TD, but there was no way it could live up to the S1 hype.

Season 3 was more of a return to form but still doesn't come close to S1. Acting is fantastic but I found it being a slower burn than I wanted. Also a lot of squandered opportunity with some character traits, but it did bring back the surreal/supernatural mystery element that made S1 so engaging.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)