Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Turtle Beach Stealth 700 XBOX One Official Wireless headset - $170 ($200 MSRP)

[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
128 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Turtle Beach Stealth 700 XBOX One Official Wireless headset - $170 ($200 MSRP)

I was looking for a wireless Xbox One headset and found out that around July Microsoft allowed companies to use their new Xbox One Wireless API. This is basically the same wireless system that connects the controller to the device. Now headphone manufacturers can use it to connect directly to Xbox and any PC that supports Windows Wireless and hub or base station is not needed anymore. Also they support Windows Sonic which is basically virtual surround sound through stereo headset for Xbox One and PCs. Windows Sonic received great reviews as the reviewers say it is almost the same as a real 7.1 headset. I found out that Turtle Beach released Stealth 600 and 700 models based on this new system and Lucid Sound will release one on December. Note that all of them will also work on Xbox One X
I was going to buy Stealth 700 (compared to 600, 700 has Bluetooth and Active noise cancellation as extra features) and was waiting for a sale price. Currently it is on sale for 170 (200 MSRP) and according to 3camels, 170 is the lowest price.

Please note that reviews in tech websites are great but in Amazon.ca and Amazon.com it received many bad reviews about losing connection and hiss on the left ear. Turtle Beach released a new firmware for 600 and 700 models that fixes all those issues and the fix is confirmed by a couple of reviewers but others seem to not have updated their reviews. I studied all the reviews around internet and figured out those problems should have been fixed now. So I ordered one.

TL;DR
New Xbox One official wireless headset, Turtle Beach 700 is on sale.
Good reviews from tech sites and good features for the price point.
Thread Summary
New Xbox One official wireless headset, Turtle Beach 700 is on sale.
Good reviews from tech sites and good features for the price point.
13 replies
May 29, 2017
472 posts
333 upvotes
How does this compare to the Astros A40/A50?
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
128 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
codex119 wrote: How does this compare to the Astros A40/A50?
Astro A40 is wired to console or controller (based on the mix amp you choose). A50 is wireless but needs a dongle or hub to be connected to console. I think both are real 7.1 surround but they are more expensive.
May 28, 2012
11428 posts
3750 upvotes
Saskatoon
My son had a pair of Turtle Beach gaming headphones...they broke within four months of use. He's been using the same Audio-Technica AD-700's for the past five years.
Feb 16, 2010
405 posts
55 upvotes
Victoria
A50 owner here. Connect basestation to xbox one via usb for wireless chat and digital optical cable for sound. The sound stage is amazing but they are my first high quality gaming 'phones. The Astro forums are a furball of various problems but I am pleased with my set.

Hope more TB owners chime in....
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2007
1036 posts
155 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Off topic about these 700s, but I'm in the market for the best headset out there, that I ccan use for PS4 and Xbox one, which headset should I get?
May 29, 2017
472 posts
333 upvotes
aliatrvash wrote: Astro A40 is wired to console or controller (based on the mix amp you choose). A50 is wireless but needs a dongle or hub to be connected to console. I think both are real 7.1 surround but they are more expensive.
I meant sounds quality wise.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19834 posts
7424 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I'm very happy with my A40 TR / Mixamp Pro TR for PC use. Sound quality and customization top notch for a headset. Build quality very good. I have had less than stellar experiences with turtle beach headsets in the past.

I think wireless is overrated. With a long enough cord, it really doesn't interfere with anything and without batteries to worry about it'll last forever. I recommend at least considering the A40.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
128 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
merciscool wrote: Off topic about these 700s, but I'm in the market for the best headset out there, that I ccan use for PS4 and Xbox one, which headset should I get?
Headsets that work on both consoles are rare. The only ones I know are HyperX Cloud and LucidSound LS40. Others may work on both platforms but do not provide full functionalities such as 7.1 surround.
Or you can connect your PS4 to your Xbox one and then use an Xbox One specific headset such as Astro A50 or Turtle Beach Elite 800X.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
128 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
codex119 wrote: I meant sounds quality wise.
Not an expert in this field. Based on my research, both have their advantage and disadvantages and gamers' opinions are mixed.
There are some serious reddit threads comparing these two manufacturers and people provided their opinions. Below are some of the threads:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/commen ... he_turtle/
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/astro ... 454859145/
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088- ... e/74404870
[OP]
Jan 26, 2017
128 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
BinaryJay wrote: I'm very happy with my A40 TR / Mixamp Pro TR for PC use. Sound quality and customization top notch for a headset. Build quality very good. I have had less than stellar experiences with turtle beach headsets in the past.

I think wireless is overrated. With a long enough cord, it really doesn't interfere with anything and without batteries to worry about it'll last forever. I recommend at least considering the A40.
Thanks for your advice. The reason I am going for this model is the Bluetooth. I can't justify (to my wife :) ) paying 200+ for a wired headset that only works on Xbox One, but I can do 170 for something that hopefully works as a good bluetooth and Xbox headset.
I will receive my order next Friday. Will post my experiance next weekend.