Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Tylenol Children's Liquid, Berry Flavour 100 mL (2-11 Years) - $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2022 7:16 pm
Nov 20, 2013
466 posts
603 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I didn't know there was a shortage until I saw this thread Confused Face
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as Vancity, Novus, Modo, Evo and Endy mattress
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Drew81 wrote: Never bought a child pain reliever ever. Done the adult pill adjustment for years. It’s super simple and not at all a problem.
Well it's going to be very sketchy for infants and younger kids but lesser of an issue once they are older and you must have 100% trust into your scale to be very accurate and precise.
Have you ever checked your scale for accuracy with a calibrated weight? None does that.
Apr 30, 2008
913 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
Does everyone on this thread not have a Costco membership?

Can’t remember what the kids Tylenol price is, but I just came back yesterday from Costco with 260ml+100ml of kids Advil for $15.99.

Pretty sure kids Advil about the same price at Costco.
Jul 22, 2010
124 posts
264 upvotes
Montreal
TH3R wrote: Does everyone on this thread not have a Costco membership?

Can’t remember what the kids Tylenol price is, but I just came back yesterday from Costco with 260ml+100ml of kids Advil for $15.99.

Pretty sure kids Advil about the same price at Costco.
I was just at Costco yesterday and they were all out. I'm pretty sure this "deal" is that it was in stock somewhere...
Nov 13, 2010
256 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
Drew81 wrote: That’s a lie. The news tells you that everyone in this country is an idiot. That’s is not at all the truth. So stop spreading that garbage they fired down your throat for so many years. Gee
LOL I don't watch the news. My experience has informed that opinion. But thank you for assuming I'm sufficiently ignorant not to be able to distill what's shown on the news from the truth. It's almost as if you don't trust my intelligence or something . . .

Also, just to be clear, I am somewhat joking. While many people are capable of dosing medicine appropriately, I can assure you many people are not. My suggestion is that the assumption people are able or willing to do that is one I would not recommend.
Last edited by atsak on Sep 28th, 2022 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2011
311 posts
362 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
Drew81 wrote: Never bought a child pain reliever ever. Done the adult pill adjustment for years. It’s super simple and not at all a problem.
Amazing! My kids won’t even take the kids tylenol without complaining Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 23, 2011
311 posts
362 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
atsak wrote: LOL I don't watch the news. My experience has informed that opinion. But thank you for assuming I'm sufficiently ignorant not to be able distill what's shown on the news from the truth. It's almost as if you don't trust my intelligence or something . . .

Also, just to be clear, I am somewhat joking. While many people are capable of dosing medicine appropriately, I can assure you many people are not. My suggestion is that the assumption people are able or willing to do that is one I would not recommend.
Yeah, I agree…many people will mess this up and risk an overdose…not good! Also, I never thought that treating my kids’ fever would require math and chemistry skills. Time to take out the old Texas Instruments calculator and my high school lab coat. Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 19, 2018
871 posts
1415 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Well it's going to be very sketchy for infants and younger kids but lesser of an issue once they are older and you must have 100% trust into your scale to be very accurate and precise.
Have you ever checked your scale for accuracy with a calibrated weight? None does that.
So if your child needs half an adult pill, or a quarter adult pill…….. I would assume giving them a hair less than that amount would be a hair less effective as the perfectly measured child meds. Good enough in my books. I’m not saying that’s what I do, I’m saying its a crazy one second simple way to figure out, no stupid scale talk needed. If you actually look there are pills that have a split line annd some even have quarter split lines right on them. Use a knife and bam. Are we on planet earth here? Like come on people.
Jul 19, 2018
871 posts
1415 upvotes
Dealfinder12 wrote: Yeah, I agree…many people will mess this up and risk an overdose…not good! Also, I never thought that treating my kids’ fever would require math and chemistry skills. Time to take out the old Texas Instruments calculator and my high school lab coat. Face With Tears Of Joy
What about if they read the instructions for dosage on the liquid children pain relief bottle wrong or over fill the little clear cup (line numbers hard to see) and overdose their children? Remove them all from the shelves or what?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1707 posts
891 upvotes
All this talk got me finding out the correct dosage according to weight, then portioning it in a way that's easy to administer & drink for the kid. Put that all in a Google sheet and now i won't have to buy this for regular uses.
(1 Tylenol kids bottle still goes in the diaper bag for emergency purpose)
Buy now
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10801 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
fizz1234 wrote: All this talk got me finding out the correct dosage according to weight, then portioning it in a way that's easy to administer & drink for the kid. Put that all in a Google sheet and now i won't have to buy this for regular uses.
(1 Tylenol kids bottle still goes in the diaper bag for emergency purpose)
I use ibuprofen infant bottles for this, double the concentration and smaller bottle
(ibuprofen also works better than acetaminophen in younger kids afaik)
Drew81 wrote: So if your child needs half an adult pill, or a quarter adult pill…….. I would assume giving them a hair less than that amount would be a hair less effective as the perfectly measured child meds. Good enough in my books. I’m not saying that’s what I do, I’m saying its a crazy one second simple way to figure out, no stupid scale talk needed. If you actually look there are pills that have a split line annd some even have quarter split lines right on them. Use a knife and bam. Are we on planet earth here? Like come on people.
To be on the safe side, I would wait longer between doses as to not go over the daily max of 75mg/kg for kids in case it's a hair too much (normally 4-5 doses per 24h or every 4-6 hours, max of 4000mg)
So I would go with 4 doses every 6 hours
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1707 posts
891 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: I use ibuprofen infant bottles for this, double the concentration and smaller bottle
Thanks for the tip, this makes it easier for sure.
Buy now
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1707 posts
891 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: I use ibuprofen infant bottles for this, double the concentration and smaller bottle
Thanks for the tip, this makes it easier for sure.
Buy now