[Amazon.ca] Umidigi A5 pro on sale on Amazon.ca at $@130.45

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2019 1:05 pm
[OP]
Nov 18, 2016
7 posts
18 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Umidigi A5 pro on sale on Amazon.ca at $@130.45

It is on sale again at the lowest price.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1026 posts
664 upvotes
Never again Umidigi after that $10 wireless headphone disaster
Dec 10, 2012
44 posts
23 upvotes
Nelson
Got one two months ago @130 and no problems. Nice phone, nice price . . . . the camera is just so so but for 130 bucks what camera is decent?
Dec 30, 2013
74 posts
38 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I constantly get forced close on all my apps including Google playstore. Is this a common problem?
Sep 27, 2007
357 posts
477 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
The cameras being bad..is it for all umidigi models or just the A5 ?...I'm looking at the umidigi power that is like $20 more but has a bigger battery and 64gb instead of 32gb
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19937 posts
8041 upvotes
Toronto
dreamer101 wrote: I constantly get forced close on all my apps including Google playstore. Is this a common problem?
Not for me anyway.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii
Dec 26, 2010
243 posts
112 upvotes
I have the f1 play..been 5 months now and it has been flawless...definitely recommend Umidigi
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4759 posts
6810 upvotes
Vancouver
mik123 wrote: Got one two months ago @130 and no problems. Nice phone, nice price . . . . the camera is just so so but for 130 bucks what camera is decent?
Same here...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Apr 9, 2012
455 posts
346 upvotes
dreamer101 wrote: I constantly get forced close on all my apps including Google playstore. Is this a common problem?
My A5 is 95% Google free (some G Services can't be disabled without root) but I have tried & use many many apps of different types & sizes & have not experienced your issue.

Did you try to move any apps to the SD card? Don't if you have. It could cause such problems as Google Play or other apps can't find the correct path. You need to give more info as it could be storage type, settings change, user customuzation, bad app ... Reset to Factory State & try again without any user changes if you did any.

I also use the SD card as Portable Storage not Internal Storage. Less problems for the OS & some apps as they prefer stock internal storage but data can be moved to SD card external storage if the app allows it.
Dec 23, 2005
488 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
Pretty tempted to pick up this up as a backup device to share with the family. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1076 posts
516 upvotes
Possibility of defective but id try doing a factory reset, if that doesnt work then id return if you bought from amazon and you are in return period..

otherwise
if still having issue could try flashing the stock rom over it if you know how to do it..

if still issues its almost certainly hardware related
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19937 posts
8041 upvotes
Toronto
bryceton wrote: Possibility of defective but id try doing a factory reset, if that doesnt work then id return if you bought from amazon and you are in return period..

otherwise
if still having issue could try flashing the stock rom over it if you know how to do it..

if still issues its almost certainly hardware related
Flashing third party roms these days is sometimes not so straight forward these days. The vendor partition needs a replacement image.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii
Mar 10, 2006
135 posts
41 upvotes
Calgary
jaszy wrote: This or the Umidigi Power for ~$20 more?
https://www.amazon.ca/UMIDIGI-Unlocked- ... PJH&sr=8-3
I got the power yesterday and I have noticed a couple things, not sure if it is just my unit or if anyone else has experienced these things,
First, the dark mode doesnt work, there is the setting in the menu, but it doesnt do anything, even adaptive (based on wallpaper) doesnt do anything when you set a completely black wallpaper. I searched online and this seems to be a problem with many different umidigi phones. Some apps therefore cant be changed to dark mode because they look to android to determine what mode they use.
Second is that the speaker is pretty bad, Im not expecting anything amazing, but the bass is almost non existent and the mids are quite veiled, so it doesnt really sound good enough for media so basically it is for speakerphone.
Third, the vibration is also quite weak. It almost feels like the motor is detached since I hear the vibrating sound, but the device barely vibrates, ive basically vibration for everything except calls because of how mushy it feels.
And as others have mentioned, the cameras are bad, and there are some known fingerprint scanner issues (sometimes hit or miss).
But the screen is very nice for the price point, and otherwise for 150$ new I cant really complain.

Ill use it for a while more see if I keep it, but I may consider just returning it and getting something like a used pixel 2 for 200$, which is only 50$ more than what the power deal cost.
Dec 30, 2013
74 posts
38 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Does anyone know how to turn down the sound volume for notifications?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1793 posts
2392 upvotes
Halifax
dreamer101 wrote: Does anyone know how to turn down the sound volume for notifications?
Get a separate app. Did you have a Samsung before? Its android doesn't allow this, Samsung and maybe others modify android to allow separate notifications volume and ringer volume. I use sound profile lite from a recommendation from another site but there are others.
Aug 8, 2007
505 posts
343 upvotes
I got this on presale. The main problems are the camera and handset call volume being too low. There was a software update released which improved the volume somewhat but still not good to the point I need to use a headset which works fine. I think there is a way to get into factory mode to make it louder but I haven’t been able to find instructions for Android that exactly match this phone. For the camera I have tried downloading various apps but a pain and photos still not great. A shame really as other than these issues the phone is really nice for the price.