• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 1:15 am
[OP]
Sep 26, 2016
30 posts
15 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Umidigi S3 Pro Phone

UMIDIGI S3 PRO Unlocked Smartphone Android 9.0 48MP+12MP+20MP Super Camera 5150mAh Big Power 128GB+6GB RAM 6.3" FHD+ Ceramic Global Version https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NJK84LQ/ref ... HDbASVA6FX
Last edited by Simplepleasures on Sep 21st, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Sep 22, 2018
159 posts
91 upvotes
Ajax
Careful with this company when buying from them to many negative reviews of people complaining about no customers service
Jun 26, 2005
247 posts
176 upvotes
Years ago I preordered the Umi Rome based upon the at the time great specs and positive write-ups from various tech sites.

What I got was a bug riddled mess that had less specs than was originally promised and was completely unusable with one crap firmware update after another before Umi went silent and moved on to other phones.

Needless to say I had to phone a new phone to replace my new phone....
Jan 4, 2014
442 posts
565 upvotes
Paris
johnnytangho wrote: Years ago I preordered the Umi Rome based upon the at the time great specs and positive write-ups from various tech sites.

What I got was a bug riddled mess that had less specs than was originally promised and was completely unusable with one crap firmware update after another before Umi went silent and moved on to other phones.

Needless to say I had to phone a new phone to replace my new phone....
many people here purchased the A5 Pro and have reported good reviews. It's all about what you pay for and expect.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28440 posts
13989 upvotes
IslandTourGuide wrote: many people here purchased the A5 Pro and have reported good reviews. It's all about what you pay for and expect.
To be fair, I like Umidigi so far, but all my phones has been $200 or lower. I don't expect much from a $100 device.
$320 is pushing "I'm actually expecting something" territory.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jun 10, 2011
718 posts
686 upvotes
Bought a a3 pro last month for 119$ cannot complaint for the price
Dec 11, 2013
98 posts
76 upvotes
Quebec, QC
I got this phone at the prime day's for the same price. Honestly I like the phone. The only down side of this phone is there is no notifications light but you can instal some app for make the screen flash when you have notifications.
May 9, 2006
11 posts
I purchased this phone last week. They had a lightning deal with an extra $60 off for a total price of $260 (free shipping and no taxes).
I like the phone . It has some weight to it, some might call it heavy. A charged battery lasts a long time .
I am a bit worried about future updates and if it gets Android 10 . The last security update is from March 2019, so not great.
Jun 26, 2005
247 posts
176 upvotes
IslandTourGuide wrote: many people here purchased the A5 Pro and have reported good reviews. It's all about what you pay for and expect.
I expected a phone that worked. For awhile several years ago I went through several cheap Chinese branded phones, Doogee, Leagoo etc. They all had some issues but you could still use them.

The Umi Rome...

The touchscreen sensitivity was brutal and barely usable
The phone would reboot randomly. Sometimes 4-5 times in a matter of minutes.
The battery barely lasted 4 hours before being completely drained.
The proximity sensor stopped working.
Bluetooth and WiFi were spotty at best.

I can't remember the other issues but there were more and the customer support was non-existent and their forums were filled with one complaint after another with few answers.

Now they may be putting out better quality phones these days but I can speak from past experience that if you need any customer support be wary.
Aug 17, 2016
17 posts
9 upvotes
Longueuil
Bought a F1 last month for 229$, actually surprised about how good it is.
However, when I click your link the price is 399$.
Jan 14, 2008
245 posts
117 upvotes
andreidaniel wrote: Bought a F1 last month for 229$, actually surprised about how good it is.
However, when I click your link the price is 399$.
Amazon has a coupon right now for $30 off the F1 so brings it down to $240. Would you say that's a good deal I should jump on?
Nov 27, 2015
30 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Umidigi is releasing the F2 tomorrow so you may want to hold off purchasing the F1 as they'll likely be dropping the price even further in the very near future.
Aug 17, 2016
17 posts
9 upvotes
Longueuil
jaydbee wrote: Umidigi is releasing the F2 tomorrow so you may want to hold off purchasing the F1 as they'll likely be dropping the price even further in the very near future.
Earpiece volume is a little low during calls and both cameras are not amazing.Otherwise is exceeding my older LG G6 in every chapter.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)