Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Uni-ball VISION ELITE Rollerball Black 12 pens, $7.33 + FS, No Tax

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2018 7:55 pm
Dec 7, 2011
117 posts
11 upvotes
Laval, QC
k7 avenger wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 3:15 pm
Got my order today, they shipped a single pen. Will be contacting Amazon as soon as I get home.
I received a single pen last night. I am so pissed. I contacted the seller and asked where the remaining 11 pens were and this is the reply that I received:

Sorry you didn't receive what you expected.
We are unable to fill this order because there is a listing error ... we are working to resolve the problem.
When we list items for sale on amazon our employees match our items with one of the many listings on amazon.
Clearly an employee has made a mistake and when this happens we have no idea that there is a problem until someone receives the wrong item or wrong quantity.
We are unable to fulfill the order, and would like to offer a 92% refund for the items not received.
Customer Service Glaizee

This isn't going to fly. I'm going to escalate this with Amazon and hopefully they can do something about it. It seriously took them a month to figure out that their "employee made a mistake" ? Give me a break.
Dec 7, 2011
117 posts
11 upvotes
Laval, QC
superbigjay wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 5:56 pm
He he ...
When you think about it, the missing 8% was only 60 cents ...
But just for the fact that they tried to get away with it,
and then offer to refund the missing 11/12 pens ...
Just didn't sound right ...

8% doesn't really worth the time to argue with them
:)
Totally agree with you on this one and will do the same.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
14381 posts
228 upvotes
Received my order today, and yes, I only received one pen as well.

Who would be so cruel to take a box of 12 pens, rip it open then split them up and ship them individually all across the country like that!
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2003
1895 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
I got one pen too. Same cut and paste email when i complained. Hope everyone complains and they end up losing money. What a bunch of scammers.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2303 posts
1332 upvotes
montreal
GTI wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:46 am
I got one pen too. Same cut and paste email when i complained. Hope everyone complains and they end up losing money. What a bunch of scammers.
After I had the same response (refund 11/12 pen), I sent then a second email that I wanted a full refund (including that important 60 cents) or that I want to send back the single pen (in which case, I wanted a returned prepaid label). They told me that refund 11/12 was a fair offer, and that was the only option.

Although the offer was fair, and would have been welcomed if they would have offered it before I contacted them, the fact that wouldn't have done nothing if I never had contacted them kind of pissed me off... LOL.

So I open an A-Z guarantee case on amazon and received a full refund the next day.

Then, the other day I was going through filling seller's review. I usually leave a 5* feedback all the time if I get the item.
But for them, I left 1* with a comment describing why I did.

Then they asked me to review my review since after the A-Z claim, I received a full refund.
That it was an error in their listing, that they were unaware of it until it was reported...

I then responded to them that the error was already reported before I did (as it was already posted on this forum) and that the fact that I had to open a claim in order to receive the refund (as only contacted them didn't worked) didn't make them a good seller.

I basically told them that instead of acting passively (wait to see if the customer would notice that the order misses 11 pen and ask for a refund) before doing anything,
they should have acted actively as soon as the listing error was noticed by their first customer and go through their orders and offer the refund to everyone that order that item.
And for that reason, my review stand and will not be changed.

The minimum people should do is to ask for the 11/12 refund, which is pretty straightforward : simply contact the seller and agree to their offer.
Then it's up to how pissed off people are to see if they file a claim or leave feedback.

Again, a refund of 11/12 is fair as you still got a pen (with free shipping).
In my case, I like to know if the seller can be trusted or nor when passing an order with them.

Cheers.
Jay
Dec 7, 2011
117 posts
11 upvotes
Laval, QC
I contacted them yesterday and told them that it was unacceptable that they would refund me 92% of the total price. I told them that they had 2 choices:

1. ship the remaining 11 pens
2. issue a full refund and send me a pre-paid label and envelope so that I can return their pen.

They replied back saying that they would issue a full refund.

Very shady business. I won't be buying from them again. Instead of contacting me early in this whole process and explaining themselves, they ship a single pen. Idiots.
Nov 25, 2012
287 posts
532 upvotes
North York
I contacted Amazon directly and they contacted the seller on my behalf and asked the seller to send all the items to me. Not sure if it will make a difference having Amazon contact the seller instead. Will update when I hear back from the seller.

update:
same thing, was offered 92% refund
Last edited by RFDAddict9000 on Jan 12th, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
14381 posts
228 upvotes
Odd, they offered me a 95% refund instead of 92%, but I still turned them down, so now they said they'll issue me a full refund, which would take days....

Also noticed that this item is now priced at $72.39 Face With Tears Of Joy
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Aug 28, 2007
789 posts
303 upvotes
Vancouver
Got my order today and I too got a single pen. Contacting Amazon