Amazon.ca updates on order/shipping emails

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 8:02 am
Aug 30, 2011
137 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto

Amazon.ca updates on order/shipping emails

Am I the only one that is very annoyed that Amazon.ca has recently changed their email templates for shipping and placing orders?
You used to see an overview of the products you ordered, now you just get a quick overview with the address and the price you paid.. I really want to see the products in it.

Same goes for shipping. Used to say which items got shipped. Now it just mentions an order number and you've to go too the website to figure out what.

No one else annoyed by this recent change?

I don't want to be forced to go to their website to see what has shipping or to find back orders. I used to do that from my email account.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3909 posts
2339 upvotes
Ottawa
Yep I'm really annoyed about it too. I mean yeah, it's not that much of a big deal, but the whole point of notifications is for convience.

Nespresso is another one that annoys me. Gotta log in just to get the tracking number, as if it's a super secret thing.
Dec 8, 2009
765 posts
811 upvotes
Yeah it's definitely annoying and makes the emails useless really. It seemed to switch back to normal for awhile there, but now it's back to this again.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3948 posts
1380 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes for me as well! Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by this change.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I wonder if amazon is trying to avoid creating a paper trail that could be used against them in some kind of prosecution of anti-trust or anti-competitive behaviour.

I should be locally saving the PDF invoices they offer on the website.
BobSagget wrote: Nope you're not the only one.

There was actually a thread made about this back in June.
amazon-updated-its-email-order-template-2382016

Sucks, I know.
Yup, I was annoyed back then and am still annoyed now.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3540 posts
879 upvotes
Don't be nosey
I concur, super disappointed at the new shipping emails and also the new IOS app. Given that Amazon is a tech company, why can't they make the app more responsive and quicker?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2310 posts
1655 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Don't mean to hijack the thread, and also related... Did anyone notice Amazon now charges purchases on your payment card as "AMZN Mktp CA" despite item clearly identified as "Sold and shipped by Amazon"? I'm quite annoyed at them identifying as Mktp (ie Marketplace) instead of AMAZON.COM.CA as they did previously
Lucky Mobile $20/Month 3GB (unlimited at 128Kbps) further reduced by $5 / month per referral credit(s)
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
wally_walrus wrote: Don't mean to hijack the thread, and also related... Did anyone notice Amazon now charges purchases on your payment card as "AMZN Mktp CA" despite item clearly identified as "Sold and shipped by Amazon"? I'm quite annoyed at them identifying as Mktp (ie Marketplace) instead of AMAZON.COM.CA as they did previously
The truth finally comes out on Amazon stock co-mingling! Face With Tears Of Joy
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2003
2158 posts
518 upvotes
COU
Believe it or not, I just noticed this today. Not surprised there is agony aunt thread on RFD.

In this case I have never up voted something as fast. Had an order split three ways and they send me the "shipped" email and I have to go onto the website and click through everything to figure out what is coming.

Next gripe. Order is split three ways and instead of getting three airmiles I might get one :(

edit; Not a "shipped" email but a "dispatched" one to reference the earlier thread LOL!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
mrFoce wrote: Am I the only one that is very annoyed that Amazon.ca has recently changed their email templates for shipping and placing orders?
You used to see an overview of the products you ordered, now you just get a quick overview with the address and the price you paid.. I really want to see the products in it.

Same goes for shipping. Used to say which items got shipped. Now it just mentions an order number and you've to go too the website to figure out what.

No one else annoyed by this recent change?

I don't want to be forced to go to their website to see what has shipping or to find back orders. I used to do that from my email account.
This was changed way back - in the toilet paper hoarding era of 'rona.

I suspect it's to try and fool people in to thinking their entire order has shipped and not just one piece.
Dec 8, 2009
765 posts
811 upvotes
Bumping this back up because this seems to be the new norm. Any word on why they made this change?

I really dislike it as it makes tracking multiple orders or orders with multiple items that ship out in multiple packages a pain.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
I’m guessing they did for security/privacy reasons.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)