Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

US/Cda Travel SIMs - Prepaid with Large Data buckets, unl calling

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2020 8:03 am
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2301 posts
1270 upvotes
We are headed to Disney at the end of August and this looks like a great deal vs. paying Bell or Rogers 8-12 bucks a day to get voice and data! Thanks OP!

I am debating as to whether or not I should order it now or not. 3x Camel can't find enough data to determine if this is the best price it has ever been or not . . .
Dec 13, 2005
447 posts
395 upvotes
If you live in Quebec or Ottawa, Fizz.ca (flanker brand of Videotron) is amazing for US travel. Around $5 per month extra to use your plan in US.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2798 posts
1641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
kangmlee wrote: No video streaming apparently if you read the product description.
Download from Netflix.
Problem solved!
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
kangmlee wrote: Should've been CDN
Out of curiosity, why CDN?

Should be CA/CAN, no?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1811 posts
2410 upvotes
BC
feminazi wrote: We are headed to Disney at the end of August and this looks like a great deal vs. paying Bell or Rogers 8-12 bucks a day to get voice and data! Thanks OP!

I am debating as to whether or not I should order it now or not. 3x Camel can't find enough data to determine if this is the best price it has ever been or not . . .
If you don't need buckets of data since there is free wifi all over Disney property you can get the Lycamobile $23 Preloaded SIM for $23CDN, qualifies for free shipping. 1Gig of 4G data, throttled after that, unlimited talk and text. good for 30 days. Piggybacks off T-mobile network, however, so reliability isn't the greatest.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1588 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
neonic wrote: Out of curiosity, why CDN?

Should be CA/CAN, no?
Oh sorry,

CAD for Canadian Dollar
CAN for Canada
CA for Canada or California
CDN for Canadian
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2301 posts
1270 upvotes
WetCoastGuy wrote: If you don't need buckets of data since there is free wifi all over Disney property you can get the Lycamobile $23 Preloaded SIM for $23CDN, qualifies for free shipping. 1Gig of 4G data, throttled after that, unlimited talk and text. good for 30 days. Piggybacks off T-mobile network, however, so reliability isn't the greatest.
Thanks for the reply!

The OP SIM would be better for us if we want to use a phone for navigation though, right?
Sep 27, 2017
210 posts
491 upvotes
kangmlee wrote: 2. No tethering, personal hot spots. No video streaming
I just traveled to the US using one of the se on AT&T, and I did all the above on my OnePlus 6.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36617 upvotes
Scarborough
feminazi wrote: The OP SIM would be better for us if we want to use a phone for navigation though, right?
Either should be plenty fine for navigation but you get a LOT more data with the deal in the OP (but you also pay more too). I've been to Disney World a lot the past few years and yes, there is free WiFi in all the resorts and parks but it's not great and at times unusable (oversaturated with too many users). Having access to mobile data saved us many times and you often need to use the My Disney Experience app while in the parks.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Nov 2, 2018
580 posts
871 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: I think the T-Mobile plan only works in the States.
I used the T-Mobile sim in the US. Worked full LTE everywhere and had 3 phones tethered to it too. All worked flawlessly streaming Netflix and YouTube etc.

But I paid $40 for it for 10 days. Kinda pricey but it was way cheaper than paying $8 a day.
Jan 17, 2010
962 posts
468 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
no hot spot is definitely a deal breaker to me.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
strife wrote: Why is it so hard to get cheap travel sims in NA? My friend just went to Toronto using a 130 HKD (a bit over 20 CAD) sim card (uses Rogers) that works for 30 days and has unlimited data (limited amount at 4G, then lowers speed once that's hit). It also works in the US. These cards exist outside NA, but not here..

https://i.imgur.com/yVVntUU.jpg

That's what the package looks like if anyone has friends in Hong Kong (Sham Shui Po; famous area) and needs a sim when visiting.
Very interesting. How does this work? If I know someone in HK can I have them send me one for my trips to the US? What's the activation process? Can it be activated in North America?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
zepperdude wrote: Does anyone use this SIM when travelling?

https://roammobility.com/how-it-works
applesauce999 wrote: Ya I've been using it. Cheaper than $7/8 a day but less convenient. More expensive than OPs find
Roam is pretty good, but the prices have gone up from $4/day unlimited data, calling and text a few years ago to $5/day 512Mb of data. It uses the T-Mobile network and I've had good experience with it driving down to Florida as well as in Arizona.

The only minor hiccup is having to change the APN on an iPhone and I have to stop somewhere with wifi to do that once I get into the US or I do that here but then I lose the ability to make a last minute phone call or send a text before the plane departs. Coming home is not an issue as the APN and be reversed without wifi.

I'd definitely try out the OP's sim next time I travel to the US.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
weary that there are no reviews on the 2nd link with sim2roam but seems like a good deal for 10 days

thanks op
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2301 posts
1270 upvotes
Thanks OP and contributors!

I just ordered a 10 day SIM for $30.11 for use at the end of August. I won't be able to use it beforehand to test it until right before we leave but I want to make sure we have one handy just in case these go out of stock or they aren't offered anymore or something.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
dpw198 wrote: The only minor hiccup is having to change the APN on an iPhone and I have to stop somewhere with wifi to do that once I get into the US or I do that here but then I lose the ability to make a last minute phone call or send a text before the plane departs. Coming home is not an issue as the APN and be reversed without wifi.
You don't need WiFi to change APN.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)