Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

US/Cda Travel SIMs - Prepaid with Large Data buckets, unl calling

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2020 8:03 am
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
Pkosta wrote: MostSim on Amazon.ca is cheaper and has hotspot included

MOST SIM - T-Mobile USA SIM Card 7 Days, Unlimited High Speed Data/Calls / Texts, T-Mobile SIM Card US United States https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GSDQW9P/ref ... AwCcp3YxNc

They usually go on sale for 5$ off
Is this considered the best option/choice?

I will be in the USA for about a week, so this would be perfect.
Oct 26, 2018
94 posts
384 upvotes
Anyone have a suggestion for best reception in Fort Lauderdale?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
Balduno wrote: Is this considered the best option/choice?

I will be in the USA for about a week, so this would be perfect.
Thanks headed to Orlando Florida in a few weeks so should be good enough
Aug 10, 2008
977 posts
88 upvotes
I am using the Mostsim T-Mobile version right now in NYC

LTE speed is good, typically above 30mbps however hotspot is limited to 0.1 up to 0.3 mbps

Don’t forget to schedule the activation time ahead before you leave

It works also in Canada once activated. In my case it worked on the Telus network when I was in Canada before leaving
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
manteiv wrote: I am using the Mostsim T-Mobile version right now in NYC

LTE speed is good, typically above 30mbps however hotspot is limited to 0.1 up to 0.3 mbps

Don’t forget to schedule the activation time ahead before you leave

It works also in Canada once activated. In my case it worked on the Telus network when I was in Canada before leaving
I wonder if you hotspot using vpn whether the telco can tell whether you’re using your phone as is or hot spotting
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
sks8100 wrote: I wonder if you hotspot using vpn whether the telco can tell whether you’re using your phone as is or hot spotting
I was able to login into my work office using a laptop and the the hotspot iPhone. That requires the use of a dedicated custom VPN and it worked fine.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
spots01 wrote: I was able to login into my work office using a laptop and the the hotspot iPhone. That requires the use of a dedicated custom VPN and it worked fine.
Sorry I meant something else. I mean when you hotspot the speeds are apparently very slow with T-mobile thats because they can tell you're hotspotting. I wonder if there is a way to hotspot and have tmobile not know so you continue to get unthrottled speeds. I believe people do this on an android, not sure about iphone...anyone?
Banned
Feb 23, 2004
7940 posts
3542 upvotes
I ordered the MostSim for a trip to Oregon in a few weeks.

Cheaper and more data than roam mobility.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
ratatapa wrote: I feel Roammobility to be better

4$ per day in the US with 512MB of data per day
If you only want a day or 2 sure. After that might as well get the 7 day from mostsim.
Mar 18, 2018
113 posts
83 upvotes
ratatapa wrote: I feel Roammobility to be better

4$ per day in the US with 512MB of data per day
Replacing and to unlock an old Bell phone, planning to turn it into a travel burner as cheaply as possible. For that I bought a Roam SIM from their website for C$6, liking that the account can be kept active indefinitely with only one minimal yearly top up. Now I see Most SIM very popular here. Plan pricing aside,
1. does the Most SIM work identically on USA T-Mobile, or is there any performance difference on the network?
2. does the Most SIM account also remain active between expired top ups, with minimum use, e.g. yearly?

My personal priority will be reliable voice and 3G SMS/MMS performance, no urgency for 4G or data services.
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Could someone who bought this please post the instructions they sent you for activating the SIM ? Since it's an AT&T SIM I wonder if I can activate an SIM that I already have with this plan.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
If you have a eSIM compatible phone and don't need minutes/sms then go with a eSIM.....its far cheaper and convenient.

Since everyone has WhatsApp and/or VoIP app(s), one may have a better rate on eSIM.

Some apps to consider:
- Airalo
- MobiMatter
- RedTeaGo
- My TruPhone

All Prices are in USD.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
xoy74 wrote: Could someone who bought this please post the instructions they sent you for activating the SIM ? Since it's an AT&T SIM I wonder if I can activate an SIM that I already have with this plan.

If you are referring to one of the MostSIM plans you need to order it from them. You cannot use a generic AT&T or TMobile sim.

The activation process includes entering the SIM number supplied with a password and entering your IMEI for the device you plan to use. You give your email and date you want to start. So it knows how many days you have signed up for based on the info supplied.

I was able to use this in 2 phones so I don’t know how critical the IMEI number is.
Public Mobile
Sep 30, 2019
213 posts
261 upvotes
how does one find out their new usa phone number with the att sim?
i understand that t-mobile mostsim will email the number to you, but how does someone get their number with the other amazon sim?

apologies if this was already answered
Oct 16, 2009
8 posts
39 upvotes
Calgary
We stopped using Roam b/c the service was bad. Now, we just stop into an AT&T shop and purchase a prepaid sim with 50 G of data, US/Canada long distance, and unlimited texts. $55...free wifi sucks at places like McDonalds or Target and who wants them tracking you anyway.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2008
1034 posts
1076 upvotes
Ottawa
aerohead888 wrote: I got the AT&T Mexico SIM to use in Mayan Riviera. I'm seeing some mixed reviews in the Cancun area. Can anyone comment on the quality in Mayan Riviera?

I know that it states that it cannot be used as a hotspot nor can it be used to steam video services. Has anyone been able to get this to work? I also have a travel router that I can put in between my phone and other devices.

Thanks!
Currently at the Barcelo Maya Grand Resort in Mayan Rivieria. Left yesterday just hours before the government recommended against non-essential travel. We're worried about getting back into the country, but that is another store.

I am running the AT&T Mexico sim card. Used it in an old galaxy phone in Montreal in the morning before leaving and it was fine. I was able to create a hotspot and share the data. It did work with online stream services too!

Upon arrival in Cancun, I swapped it into my iPhone and it worked fine as well. Was able to create a hotspot for my family to use while driving to the resort. Now at the resort, the reception and speed are great in the open areas. Getting 3 bars of LTE signal stregnth and 51Mbps down and 27.1 Mbps up. Pretty damn good.

But here's the bad part.... the rooms are concrete and the signal has a very hard time penetrating (hee hee) into the rooms. Getting well below 1Mbps and it's barely suitable for streaming audio.
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
aerohead888 wrote:
But here's the bad part.... the rooms are concrete and the signal has a very hard time penetrating (hee hee) into the rooms. Getting well below 1Mbps and it's barely suitable for streaming audio.
Try putting the phone on the window sill.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Just finished another Road trip Fla (via Pittsburgh) using 21 Day AT&T Sim. Never lost the signal even through the 2 Appalachian tunnels. Back in Canada for almost a week now and Sim Card still active (was suppose to expire last Wed.) :-) Going through the Appalachians the AT&T SC card easily outperformed the T-Mobile SC both in speed and coverage. Was also able to Hotspot from LG IV to laptop, 2 X cellphones and another tablet.
Will most definitely order again.

Edit: Today marks nine days after SC was supposed to expire yet I'm still getting LTE LOL
Last edited by magoot on Mar 20th, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 2, 2007
211 posts
40 upvotes
Regina
Anyone get this roaming on Bell / Telus yet?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)