Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

USB C Charger RAVPower 61W PD 3.0Wall Charger [GaN Tech] Type C Fast Charging Power Delivery Foldable Adapter $33.99

Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon.ca] USB C Charger RAVPower 61W PD 3.0Wall Charger [GaN Tech] Type C Fast Charging Power Delivery Foldable Adapter $33.99

Amazon.ca
RAVPower
USB C Charger RAVPower 61W PD 3.0Wall Charger [GaN Tech] Type C Fast Charging Power Delivery Foldable Adapter,

Edit thanks to ASharp, May 19, 2020 :
$33.99 with $3 coupon , $36.99 before coupon

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07VRZ8WC ... ANF5&psc=1

This deal was often posted on RFD,
But $33.99 with $3 coupon is a new low according to previous RFD posts
(Coupons don’t show Up on amazon tracking websites such as Dromedary Camel Dromedary Camel Dromedary Camel)

Previous threads with info:
amazon-ca-ravpower-usb-c-wall-charger-6 ... 9-2363546/

amazon-ca-ravpower-61w-gan-usb-c-pd-cha ... n-2330018/

amazon-ca-ravpower-gan-tech-61w-pd-3-0- ... 9-2323482/

61watt : Check if enough for your laptop.

Pros
- Small charger (4.8 x 4.8 x 3 cm)
- Portable
- GaN tech
- Ravpower
- 61watt is plenty for a tablet
- only one usb-c port with 61W = no sharing of power
- rfd users who actually have it like it a lot.

Cons
- only one usb-c port (chargers with 2 usb-c ports are more expensive)
- the "AiShi" branded electrolytic capacitors (credit: mockingbird)
- charger is compatible with Note 10 / Note 10+, but does not support 45W/25W fast charging as it is not compatible with PPS protocol.
Last edited by cashinstinct on May 19th, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
52 replies
Jun 16, 2007
924 posts
812 upvotes
The 2 port one is exactly the same price. It's just bigger because well, it has two ports.
https://www.amazon.ca/Delivery-Charger- ... B07VRZ8WCK

Here are the differences in the two:
The main difference is the older model has 2 ports and is 7.1 x 7.1 x 3 cm. This model which is 4.8 x 4.8 x 3 cm (much smaller and more compact)... You really need to see it to believe how small this thing is compared to the usual charging bricks. This newer model uses GAN technology that helps reduce the size of chargers that support Power Delivery.

This is one of the most compact 61W chargers I've ever seen and it's pretty much the size of an iPad charger but it delivers 61W to my computer. If you're looking for a charger with a small footprint that takes up minimal space, this is it. Also great for travel as well. If you're looking for something low profile and flat, Ravpower has another smaller charger that is fatter but flatter and supplies 45W - https://www.amazon.ca/RAVPower-Delivery ... s9dHJ1ZQ==
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
Furtive wrote: The 2 port one is exactly the same price.
Thanks for sharing.

I was talking about chargers with 2 usb-c ports, I don’t see a lot of them on amazon.ca but there are some on amazon.com
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
Furtive wrote: The 2 port one is exactly the same price. It's just bigger because well, it has two ports.
https://www.amazon.ca/Delivery-Charger- ... B07VRZ8WCK

Here are the differences in the two:
I can't recommend the 61W charger enough. It is tiny.

Note that the 2-port charger steps the USB-C PD port down to 45W in dual-charging mode which may not be sufficient for some laptops that are actually under load.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
Tigre1215 wrote: Does it work with android?
Yes

Phone Model: iPhone 11/11 Pro / 11 Pro Max/iPhone XS / XS Max / XR / X / 8 Plus / 8 / 7 / 7 Plus / 6 / Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10e / S10+ /S9 / S9+ / S8 / S8+ / Note 9 / Note 8 / Huawei P10 / Mate 9 / Mate 20X / Mate 20 Pro; LG G7 / V30+ / Nintendo Switch / Google Pixel / Pixel 3a / XL / 3 / 2XL / 2, Nexus 5X / 6P, Sony XZ2 Premium, Sony XZ3, and moreT

Note

The charger is compatible with Note 10 / Note 10+, but does not support 45W/25W fast charging as it is not compatible with PPS protocol.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
The charger is compatible with Note 10 / Note 10+, but does not support 45W/25W fast charging as it is not compatible with PPS protocol.
Someday somebody will figure it out.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
Why they don't put those foldable prongs on the side is beyond me so it doesn't stick out from the wall like that :facepalm:
Jan 15, 2016
879 posts
940 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The folding ones are prone to warping or breaking.
Aug 19, 2011
358 posts
274 upvotes
I have this charger and it's a beast. Almost universal agreement online that it's the best fan charger over 60w.

The size is absolutely bonkers, and build quality is next level (the thing is heavy, but never overheats).

Highly recommended at this price.

Only thing of note for me is that it cannot meet Huawei's SuperCharge spec, but afaik, no chargers really can, so that's a thing.
Last edited by SupaDawg on Apr 26th, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2721 posts
6216 upvotes
Mississauga
Anubseran wrote: Not really a hot deal...
https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-AUKEY-Del ... 164&sr=1-4
^^^ This AUKEY 60W charger claims that it can charge Note10 series at 25W and is now on regular price of $39.99
For similar price you can also find Xiaomi GaN 65W charger on AliExpress which basically fast charges everything
If you add coupon code XV9X33F9 during checkout you’ll save an extra $8 off on the Aukey charger.
Last edited by jetertmac on Apr 26th, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes
do you you need a special cable to get PD? I see a USB C port I think, but what kind of cable do you need to use these? I only have usb c/usb a regular cables
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
Anubseran wrote: For similar price you can also find Xiaomi GaN 65W charger on AliExpress which basically fast charges everything
I mean it should be discounted a lot to buy from AliExpress and risk never getting order.

I never received an order and was never refunded... the tracking only said it left China, but I never received it... aliexpress sided with the seller.
Jun 9, 2002
265 posts
276 upvotes
The weak point in this company's chargers will be the "AiShi" branded electrolytic capacitors. They will be the first things to go, especially in a small, hot enclosure like this. Looking at teardowns of their other products, it seems that they also use off-brand Chinese polymer capacitors, which are junk.
Apr 2, 2019
89 posts
172 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: I mean it should be discounted a lot to buy from AliExpress and risk never getting order.

I never received an order and was never refunded... the tracking only said it left China, but I never received it... aliexpress sided with the seller.
It's a lot better when you 1) don't buy overly cheap items 2) buy from reputable stores. For this Xiaomi charger it's about $30 in China, so $40 is a reasonable price for Aliexpress resellers and safer for us to buy.
May 7, 2019
88 posts
136 upvotes
mockingbird wrote: The weak point in this company's chargers will be the "AiShi" branded electrolytic capacitors. They will be the first things to go, especially in a small, hot enclosure like this. Looking at teardowns of their other products, it seems that they also use off-brand Chinese polymer capacitors, which are junk.
Do you know off-hand which chargers use better capacitors?
Aug 19, 2011
358 posts
274 upvotes
mtlboy wrote: do you you need a special cable to get PD? I see a USB C port I think, but what kind of cable do you need to use these? I only have usb c/usb a regular cables
These chargers require a USB-C to USB-C cable capable of high wattage. I chose a UGreen cable capable of 100w, which works pretty solid.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)