[Amazon.ca] USB C Hub AUKEY 8 in 1 USB Type C Hub with 1G Ethernet Port

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2020 5:26 pm
[OP]
Sep 25, 2020
7 posts
33 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] USB C Hub AUKEY 8 in 1 USB Type C Hub with 1G Ethernet Port

• 8-in-1 USB-C Hub: Turn a single USB-C port into six ports and two card slots for data transfer, display expansion, internet connection, and charging
  • Convenient Charging: The 100W USB Power Delivery port keeps your 15-inch MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 or other compatible laptop fully charged (using your device’s original power adapter) while you’re using all the other functions of the hub
  • Ultra HD Video: HDMI port outputs resolutions up to 4K@30Hz to a connected display
  • Fast Data Transfer & Network Connection: Three USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) ports and SD & microSD card slots all support data transfer rates up to 5Gbps. Gigabit Ethernet port supports 10/100/1000Mbps network speeds
Images
  • Screenshot at Dec 14 14-45-58.png
52 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1115 posts
874 upvotes
wonder if this would work with the switch.
Jun 18, 2016
549 posts
1568 upvotes
What's the point of having a phone jack attached? The last thing I want is for telemarketers to call me during counter strike.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3839 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
MooseV2 wrote: What's the point of having a phone jack attached? The last thing I want is for telemarketers to call me during counter strike.
this guy de_dust's
Apr 16, 2008
327 posts
297 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: What's the point of having a phone jack attached? The last thing I want is for telemarketers to call me during counter strike.
Where do you see a phone jack? There is an Ethernet port, which many find useful to connect directly to the router.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1593 posts
356 upvotes
it's true. they might steal your WON ID

edit: it's also showing $50 now
Jun 1, 2011
547 posts
127 upvotes
Ajax
Will this work with Chromecast Google TV? Price seems right for a decent brand

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1290 posts
1085 upvotes
Ontario
malaujai wrote: .

There's a coupon code right underneath the price.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Jul 15, 2010
248 posts
490 upvotes
Vancouver
Need to use promo code for 30% off. 943OWYYF is the code.
Jul 15, 2003
680 posts
757 upvotes
vinmatrix wrote: Will this work with Chromecast Google TV? Price seems right for a decent brand

Thanks OP
This, need to know this.
May 17, 2007
707 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Great product. So great I'm buying a second one. Thanks OP.
Mar 22, 2008
308 posts
90 upvotes
London, ON
Very recently needed one of these, I’ll return the full price one. thanks OP!
Jan 22, 2015
478 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Seems a great deal, I have a similar one that lacks the ethernet that would be nice to have.

If you have a work laptop and an overzealous IT department you might have issues with the USB C - HDMI in windows.
If your USB ports are locked down the HDMI might not work, It can be enabled separately.
I loose my second monitor every so often when they do updates and lock the ports down and have
to get them to enable the display option.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5476 posts
2296 upvotes
Now that's entertaining!!! Face With Tears Of Joy
Jun 11, 2017
17 posts
8 upvotes
vinmatrix wrote: Will this work with Chromecast Google TV? Price seems right for a decent brand

Thanks OP
Not without a more powerful charger. When I used the charger that came with the Google TV with a USB-C hub, it wouldn't power on. I suspect it's due to the hub's device (I only had 1 usb stick attached) draining some of the power. When I tried the USB C hub and the Google TV with the Nintendo Switch charger (more power), it worked fine.
Nov 7, 2017
309 posts
628 upvotes
Great deal! I bought this at $50. Will repurchase.
Jul 15, 2003
680 posts
757 upvotes
avx1xva wrote: Not without a more powerful charger. When I used the charger that came with the Google TV with a USB-C hub, it wouldn't power on. I suspect it's due to the hub's device (I only had 1 usb stick attached) draining some of the power. When I tried the USB C hub and the Google TV with the Nintendo Switch charger (more power), it worked fine.
It will work with Chromecast with Google TV but the Ethernet? Some of these devices with Ethernet ports dont work even with enough power. I am more interested in knowing if the the Ethernet works with Chromecast with Google TV
Dec 5, 2016
318 posts
480 upvotes
malaujai wrote: .

Any bidders for my Steam ID that is somewhere around ~20,000?