Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Utopia Bedding All Season Comforter - Ultra Soft Down Alternative Comforter - $34.99 CAD

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 9:13 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Utopia Bedding All Season Comforter - Ultra Soft Down Alternative Comforter - $34.99 CAD

Image

I don't normally post items I've used extensively, because it's a wide world, but I own and use this comforter in my rotation of comforters.

I'm a big fan of this product, I find it holds up well, takes a beating, feels comfortable, has a good temperature balance, and is generally well-suited to rough-and-tumble use.

Every 6 months or so, I clean and donate my old one, and buy a new one.

It's a best seller right now, price is at a mid-point. It's been more expensive and slightly less expensive, but remains a great value.

God bless.
.
29 replies
Jr. Member
Sep 6, 2013
147 posts
172 upvotes
Hamilton
I actually have two of these in the rotation and they're still in great shape 2 years later.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
nnlnn2 wrote: that one was $32.99
I generally don't split dimes on a good night's sleep.

I buy Walmart pillows on a replacement cycle every 2 or 3 months.

They're $4 each, so I spend $16 to $24 a year on my pillows alone.

I don't believe it's hygienic to donate pillows, even if cleaned, sadly.
.
Member
Apr 12, 2007
455 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
too bad only white at this price for queen size
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 10, 2011
4319 posts
1702 upvotes
do you use it like this?? or do you put it inside a cover?
Banned
Aug 11, 2021
4 posts
4 upvotes
I liked the product so much because it was soft and comfortable that I was willing contact them to exchange it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
def47 wrote: do you use it like this?? or do you put it inside a cover?
Insider sheets are paper thin and the comforter starts to darken over time (very slight darkening I consider normal).

I just like fresh linens, and proper wash cycles don't always do it for me.

It's not a fault of this product, I've done it with all heavy use comforters for years.
.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2018
1392 posts
1369 upvotes
justapoorboy wrote: The king size is $35.99 in navy.
Thanks OP and justpoor. Ordered a King in Navy to try out. Saves me from buying a $100+ duvet
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote: Thanks OP and justpoor. Ordered a King in Navy to try out. Saves me from buying a $100+ duvet
I should get a darker color that won't visibly discolor next time.

Maybe I'll get this King, going oversized was fun in the past.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Aug 12th, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.
Member
Jan 4, 2016
327 posts
394 upvotes
Calgary
I actually have 2 of these - 1 king 1 queen and they hold up super good. Mind you, I do put the comforter in a sheet.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2018
1392 posts
1369 upvotes
sipjd65 wrote: I actually have 2 of these - 1 king 1 queen and they hold up super good. Mind you, I do put the comforter in a sheet.
So after a wash, they come back out normal looking? Or messed up after first wash and have to live with it
Sr. Member
Jul 30, 2011
537 posts
680 upvotes
Durham region
redflagdealsguy wrote: I generally don't split dimes on a good night's sleep.

I buy Walmart pillows on a replacement cycle every 2 or 3 months.

They're $4 each, so I spend $16 to $24 a year on my pillows alone.

I don't believe it's hygienic to donate pillows, even if cleaned, sadly.
Save the stuffing and fill a bean bag chair cover for $60.
Member
Aug 19, 2018
209 posts
205 upvotes
Out of curiosity. This being RFD Hot Deals and all. This is regular price.... Thoughts?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 25, 2014
698 posts
779 upvotes
Average price the last 3 months is $32.69, last 6 months is $33.70... how is paying more than the regular price a deal?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
makaheehee wrote: Out of curiosity. This being RFD Hot Deals and all. This is regular price.... Thoughts?
Navy King is on sale.

Also, this is cheaper than it's recent high.

That being said, good value is good value.

Find a comforter like this for under $80 in a big box.

I think the people need to know.
.
Member
Aug 19, 2018
209 posts
205 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Navy King is on sale.

Also, this is cheaper than it's recent high.

That being said, good value is good value.

Find a comforter like this for under $80 in a big box.

I think the people need to know.
Navy King is actually the HIGHEST its been in the last 6 months according to the famous C's... Just because it says its on sale, doesnt mean its actually on sale...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
makaheehee wrote: Navy King is actually the HIGHEST its been in the last 6 months according to the famous C's... Just because it says its on sale, doesnt mean its actually on sale...
Value is value.

We're talking a literal few dollars north or south, meanwhile this is selling for 2.5x to 3.0x price at big boxes.

This particular model is the most tried and tested version out there, along with it's sister model.

I even mention the relative price range in the first post.

Relax.
.
Member
Aug 19, 2018
209 posts
205 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Value is value.

We're talking a literal few dollars north or south, meanwhile this is selling for 2.5x to 3.0x price at big boxes.

This particular model is the most tried and tested version out there, along with it's sister model.

I even mention the relative price range in the first post.

Relax.
We are in RFD Hot Deals. Some people literally will find a deal for a few cents cheaper and go there.
I'm not disagreeing with you that its a good value for what it is. With 46k reviews, 4.5 stars it should be great. Especially considering the low price point. Be weary though as Fakespot lists it at D. . .
Its just not a hot deal, especially the Navy King sized one thats "on sale" when you could have got this "sale" price or lower any day of the week in the past 6 months.
You mentioned that its on "sale". I'm just saying that its not. This is a CanadianTire "Sale" price.

Top