Guaranteed to arrive completely destroyed lol
Even from the supermarket, can't imagine shipping it lol
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3725 posts
3838 upvotes
Ottawa
Nibbler2012 wrote: Ugh more #plantbased garbage
You're the type of person that will Karen in a fast food place and go on a tirade about why people are eating junk. Begone thot.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1917 posts
1165 upvotes
Kitchener
Daijoubu wrote: Guaranteed to arrive completely destroyed lol
Even from the supermarket, can't imagine shipping it lol
Wizard1 wrote: Nope. last time they shipped it in a big amazon box. all arrived intact and undamaged
ilovevideogames wrote: I tried these for the first time earlier this year and I must admit... they are the grossest boxed product I have ever tried. Flakey overly sugary puffs of brightly colored nothingness.
The chocolate cakes on the other hand were surprisingly good.
Agreed, last time I got them they were undamaged.

And I also agree these were gross, not like they used to taste when I was younger, very very sweet, almost painful. Lol
Oct 1, 2020
85 posts
85 upvotes
Never again. Ordered 4 boxes cuz it was cheap, but it was soooooooo sweet.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2734 posts
3059 upvotes
I ordered a few months ago. Yeah, they come intact but they're cheap for a reason. They taste very stale, overly sweet, and the pastry sucks. Nothing like the Vachon's back in the day. Avoid.
Apr 11, 2020
151 posts
209 upvotes
I get sad and nostalgic whenever I see these. I used to love them, they were a perfect balance of flakiness, creaminess, and sweetness, great mix of textures. My absolute favourite growing up. Hadn't had them for years, then saw and bought them about 10 yrs ago when I returned to Canada from living abroad. Was such a huge letdown, all the empty calories of the original without the same enjoyment. Kinda like the ex you haven't seen for years who has aged horribly, except the latter makes you feel good about yourself.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1024 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
ilovevideogames wrote: I tried these for the first time earlier this year and I must admit... they are the grossest boxed product I have ever tried. Flakey overly sugary puffs of brightly colored nothingness.
The chocolate cakes on the other hand were surprisingly good.
Different strokes. I actually like these. Particularly refrigerated, as it somehow just makes the texture better. Once a month or so I'll grab a single one in the checkout maze at Dollarama for about this price.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6838 posts
5526 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: I ordered a few months ago. Yeah, they come intact but they're cheap for a reason. They taste very stale, overly sweet, and the pastry sucks. Nothing like the Vachon's back in the day. Avoid.
These are not like the pastries mama Vachon made in her kitchen 100 years ago.
Jul 23, 2015
784 posts
563 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Batarang wrote: You're the type of person that will Karen in a fast food place and go on a tirade about why people are eating junk. Begone thot.
Perhaps my sarcasm was missed, but sure
Dec 6, 2008
662 posts
350 upvotes
i loved those glazed pies wrapped in wax paper from corner stores back in the day but this? this i dunno about. but i'll try anything once.
Nov 7, 2005
91 posts
28 upvotes
Man I remember a few years ago some guy was shoveling these into his shopping cart and he said these things were amazing. He lied. They are in fact, not good. I have never been more irrationally angry at a total stranger. I'm still annoyed to this day.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9966 posts
2610 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I think nostalgia plays a factor there, some of us grew up eating these or some other sweets.
Eg some prefers the taste of table syrup compare to maple syrup lol
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9827 posts
1030 upvotes
Mississauga
these bring me back to my childhood
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 35-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|