Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

VAHDAM, Roasted Darjeeling Tea (50 Cups) | Full-Bodied & Aromatic Darjeeling Tea Loose Leaf | $14.99 Reg $19.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 7:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 13, 2020
1118 posts
5194 upvotes
Vancouver Island

[Amazon.ca] VAHDAM, Roasted Darjeeling Tea (50 Cups) | Full-Bodied & Aromatic Darjeeling Tea Loose Leaf | $14.99 Reg $19.99

VAHDAM makes excellent Teas and I highly recommend their Black Teas.


VAHDAM, Roasted Darjeeling Tea (50 Cups) | Full-Bodied & Aromatic Darjeeling Tea Loose Leaf | $14.99 Reg $19.99


https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0757R6MCJ/


Image.jpg
30 replies
Newbie
Jan 4, 2019
84 posts
150 upvotes
T3h 2l4
$15 per 100 grams?! Is it SO good?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2019
134 posts
228 upvotes
Thanks for the deal OP. First tried their stuff on prime day and can vouch it's good quality. Tried their loose leaf green tea and ginger tumeric. Both are high quality
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 13, 2020
1118 posts
5194 upvotes
Vancouver Island
twoloop wrote: $15 per 100 grams?! Is it SO good?
It's very very good. Compared to any bagged Tea, this Tea has better flavor, less branches and is less bitter.

For Black Tea, I prefer VAHDAM to David's Tea. I'm working on these 2 and they are Amazing:

VAHDAM, High Mountain Oolong Tea Leaves from Himalayas (150 Cups), 340g / 12oz, OOLONG TEA
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NA9WRZF/
$40 for 340g
(Amazing smell and has a slightly lighter color than normal Oolong Tea).


and
VAHDAM,Assam Black Tea Leaves (200 Cups), Black Tea Loose Leaf, FTGFOP1 Long Leaf,Rich & Malty, 100% Certified Pure Unblended Assam Tea Loose Leaf, Prime Season Harvest, Packed in India,16-Ounce Bag
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00VFYPIDO/
$40 for 454g (1lb)
(This is my breakfast Tea)
Jr. Member
Mar 23, 2019
199 posts
189 upvotes
This must be for tea connoisseurs. Do you add milk to this tea ?

I currently have a local brand from india and has liquor flavor in it idk why its called that but its very strong however, doesn't anything like liquor.
Sr. Member
Jan 25, 2016
930 posts
1547 upvotes
Toronto
Makes me think of ‘The Darjeeling Limited’.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5078 posts
3324 upvotes
twoloop wrote: $15 per 100 grams?! Is it SO good?
Wholesale tea is $7 - $10 per kilo. $15 to $20 for premium stuff.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5194 posts
7605 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
You can also get their single estate Darjeeling teas from their website: https://www.vahdam.com/collections/single-estate
Freshto wrote: This must be for tea connoisseurs. Do you add milk to this tea ?

I currently have a local brand from india and has liquor flavor in it idk why its called that but its very strong however, doesn't anything like liquor.
No, don't add milk, and only steep for 3-4 minutes.
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 11, 2007
90 posts
79 upvotes
doththouhoistbro wrote: How do you find upcoming lightning deals?
I use keepa to track this. It will notify you when there's a deal. But I noticed the lightning deal might be cancelled sometimes.
www.suprememastertv.com
Be Vegan, Make Peace
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
8059 posts
2033 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know where the cheapest place is for herbal tea. The best I can do is at Walmart for the generic brand that is like a 20pk for $2.22 or so. Can’t find any bulk discounts on herbal tea!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5194 posts
7605 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
bhrm wrote: Wholesale tea is $7 - $10 per kilo. $15 to $20 for premium stuff.
rohit91 wrote: Scam. Horrible price.
AsianXL wrote: If you want good Indian tea at a good price, go to the largest Indian supermarket near you. It will be at a fraction of the cost on Amazon.

David's Tea and this tea are for people who don't know better.
These three comments are pretty ignorant.
jeeva86 wrote: Anyone know where the cheapest place is for herbal tea. The best I can do is at Walmart for the generic brand that is like a 20pk for $2.22 or so. Can’t find any bulk discounts on herbal tea!
Amazon has good prices for 1lb bulk herbal teas. Cheapest would be aliexpress, but have to wait for a long time.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
8059 posts
2033 upvotes
Ottawa
Nikhilvoid wrote: These three comments are pretty ignorant.



Amazon has good prices for 1lb bulk herbal teas. Cheapest would be aliexpress, but have to wait for a long time.
Looking for bags though not loose.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 18, 2019
118 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Exactly I agree with @Nikhilvoid .

Please don't compare CTC tea (which is actually tea dust) with original tea leaf's. Those who prefer milk tea, will always have lots of options because the taste comes from the quality of Milk and any spices (Cardamom or ginger) not from the actual tea.

Those who prefer black tea (although for good quality tea leaf it is actually transparent ) will have to pay extra and usually they do. As the quality of the tea leaf matters significantly.

In India, currently for a premium quality tea leaf from Darjeeling will cost you from Rs. 6000-10000 per kg which roughly translates to CAD 100-170. So this price is not a rip off !!!

If anyone likes good quality liquor tea and don't have much options , I would suggest to check your local Long's for MIM estate 2nd flush tea , cost is around 119 CAD / Kg , they sell in packets (50g and 80g ) . In terms of cost to quality as well as availability throughout the year it is a good option.
Newbie
Jan 4, 2019
84 posts
150 upvotes
T3h 2l4
IslandDeal wrote: It's very very good. Compared to any bagged Tea, this Tea has better flavor, less branches and is less bitter.

For Black Tea, I prefer VAHDAM to David's Tea. I'm working on these 2 and they are Amazing:

VAHDAM, High Mountain Oolong Tea Leaves from Himalayas (150 Cups), 340g / 12oz, OOLONG TEA
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NA9WRZF/
$40 for 340g
(Amazing smell and has a slightly lighter color than normal Oolong Tea).


and
VAHDAM,Assam Black Tea Leaves (200 Cups), Black Tea Loose Leaf, FTGFOP1 Long Leaf,Rich & Malty, 100% Certified Pure Unblended Assam Tea Loose Leaf, Prime Season Harvest, Packed in India,16-Ounce Bag
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00VFYPIDO/
$40 for 454g (1lb)
(This is my breakfast Tea)
I wouldn't compare to bagged tea - bagged tea is no tea at all.
By the way, speaking about the sorts of black tea: can anyone distinguish assam, english breakfast, orange pekoe etc just by the taste of it?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5194 posts
7605 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
And you probably won't find any Darjeeling tea in supermarkets. Almost all Indian teas (including Chai/English/Irish/ breakfast teas) are Assamese tea blends, a species of tea native to India. Darjeeling teas are much closer to Chinese teas (Camellia sinensis) than to the native Indian teas because Darjeeling teas are based on plants smuggled out of China by the Brits.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/teas-of-india-764590

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tea_in_India
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4101 upvotes
Toronto
jhtfl wrote: I use keepa to track this. It will notify you when there's a deal. But I noticed the lightning deal might be cancelled sometimes.
Keepa notifies of price drops no? How does it notify of future sales?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)