Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P, 6000 LUX 300" Movie Projector- Lowest Price ever- $243.47

[OP]
Mar 8, 2015
742 posts
3079 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P, 6000 LUX 300" Movie Projector- Lowest Price ever- $243.47

I bought this projector two months back for $280 and it has been a pleasure to watch movies in native 1080 P on a 120" screen.
This is a great price for anyone looking for a native 1080P projector at an affordable price.
28 replies
Feb 21, 2003
789 posts
598 upvotes
Richmond BC
Superman_2099 wrote: What about this one? Has a 30$ coupon
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MZNKVQY/ref ... NrPXRydWU=
FULL HD 1920*1080P and 250'' Display Supported,

meaning you can play 1080P file on it. very common but redicoulous marketing practice.

Native 1280x720p resolution
Best deal: 20 reams of HP 92 white papers from staples for $7.00 (2004)

Upvote my post if you find it helpful. Thx
Jul 29, 2010
391 posts
892 upvotes
Montreal
Can anyone suggest a good screen for this?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3871 posts
2965 upvotes
Ajax
I have this...its a solid 'temporary' projector meaning I put it away when not in use. I suggest others do the same because these ones allow dust to easily collect.

I bring it out usually in the summer time and play music videos or movies.

Made a vid when I got it testing the quality and native sound:
https://streamable.com/drih0

My party setup during the summer. i used heavy duty velcro to stick the projector to the fence:
https://streamable.com/s06z2

Projector in action. I had the sound connected via bluetooth to a wireless amp to the outdoor speakers:
https://streamable.com/t64i2
Apr 1, 2013
921 posts
1575 upvotes
Fredericton
Seems way too good to be true. What's the catch? 100 hour lamp life?
Mar 17, 2015
292 posts
203 upvotes
Winnipeg
life359 wrote: Seems way too good to be true. What's the catch? 100 hour lamp life?
I believe these use the LED bulbs which means tens of thousands of hours of life... but NOT replaceable. It's far more likely that the unit will break down or technology obsolete before the lamp gives.

The catch is that the actual brightness / contrast are likely no where near what is claimed. Note first off that they claim brightness in LUX rather than the industry standard Lumens. LUX is brightness per square meter, rather than brightness of the bulb. This is an easy number to manipulate because the distance from the projector to the surface changes how much light you get per sq meter, thus changing the "LUX" value.

If you are hoping to project > 100" or view in ambient lighting it's probably going to be a bad experience. Also black levels / etc are going to be quite poor, think bottom entry level Epson 3LCD, but possibly even worse.

That said... This is the one "chinese" projector that seems to get shat on the least in the tech forums... a decent option for those on a tight budget... as long as they understand what they are buying and don't think they are getting an Optoma 143x level experience for 1/2 the price.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1411 posts
888 upvotes
I have the v630, the fan is pretty loud.
Sep 16, 2008
127 posts
98 upvotes
Thanks OP. Does anyone know if the Vankyo V630 is worth the extra $50 premium?
Feb 12, 2019
14 posts
27 upvotes
It's an okay projector. I was disappointed with it considering all the "rave" reviews on Amazon.

I find the colours are washed out.

For that price it's okay. If you're looking for something with vibrant colours and a long-term investment, I would consider something else.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6908 posts
5813 upvotes
Burlington
Superman_2099 wrote: What about this one? Has a 30$ coupon
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07MZNKVQY/ref ... NrPXRydWU=
i have this, ordered when it was 150 - 20 coupon, okay for the price. just for fun when the kids watch.

any 1080p projector that can correct angle? not sure what the technical term is.
I put my projector at an angle, so the screen isn't fully flat
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1411 posts
888 upvotes
thriftstoreguy wrote: It's an okay projector. I was disappointed with it considering all the "rave" reviews on Amazon.

I find the colours are washed out.

For that price it's okay. If you're looking for something with vibrant colours and a long-term investment, I would consider something else.
I find with the v630, colours aren't that bad if you lower the red and up the green.
konsensei wrote: any 1080p projector that can correct angle? not sure what the technical term is.
I put my projector at an angle, so the screen isn't fully flat
Most projectors have keystoning and you can adjust for the angle.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6908 posts
5813 upvotes
Burlington
elfen2 wrote: I find with the v630, colours aren't that bad if you lower the red and up the green.

Most projectors have keystoning and you can adjust for the angle.
keystone! yes, but most of them have vertical keystone, i need horizontal keystone - putting it on a shelf that's not directly center of the screen
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10429 posts
7471 upvotes
Toronto
konsensei wrote: keystone! yes, but most of them have vertical keystone, i need horizontal keystone - putting it on a shelf that's not directly center of the screen
I doubt any of the cheap Chinese projectors will have horizontal correction, maybe someone can suggest an affordable brand name that does.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1411 posts
888 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
keystone! yes, but most of them have vertical keystone, i need horizontal keystone - putting it on a shelf that's not directly center of the screen
Angultra wrote:
I doubt any of the cheap Chinese projectors will have horizontal correction, maybe someone can suggest an affordable brand name that does.
The v630 has horizontal and vertical keystoning, so maybe the v600 does too.

Just mentioning again, the v630 is loud.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
4025 posts
771 upvotes
Windsor
Angultra wrote: I doubt any of the cheap Chinese projectors will have horizontal correction, maybe someone can suggest an affordable brand name that does.
I just got an Epson 1060 which has vertical and horizontal - also has a short throw distance and zoom. I'm projecting 108" from 9ft away.

I experimented with these Chinese projectors and while they are certainly bright thanks to the LED's, its almost impossible to get something acceptable in terms of colour reproduction.... Great for games/cartoons, but horrible on live action.
Nov 21, 2007
74 posts
34 upvotes
toronto
I got this projector for a friend and it was CRAP! Couldn't even watch a hockey game on it. The light is measured in LUX couldn't figure out how many lumens to compare. Returned it after a day and got the refurbished Epson directly from Epson for just a bit more and the quality was night and day.