Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] VANKYO Performance V600 Projector CAD 336.99 tax incl.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2019 7:22 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2018
725 posts
367 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] VANKYO Performance V600 Projector CAD 336.99 tax incl.

I've been following Vankyo products for a while and their new V600 finally available in Canada, the project is selling 249.99 US on amazon.com and another 66ish bucks for shipping and duty deposit.
The machine was listed on amazon.ca originally at 399.99 CAD as I checked it last week, and yesterday I found it dropped to 336.99 CAD, given the current exchange rate of USDCAD it's approx. on par with .com price, but it's sold directly by Vankyo so there is no tax whatsoever.

The reviews online look promissing, but I failed to find any compare between the budget unit and big brands, anyway it may worth a shot, if you are not happy you can always return it back.

EDIT: add some pictures I took tonight, tried my best but unfortunately my phone's camera sucks. I projected directly to the dry wall.
EDIT: for those of you who are interested in the projector and don't mind a longer waiting time, search AUN M18 on aliexpress, it's about $50ish difference, the difference is the warranty 3Y vs 2Y and claimed light life 50000 hours vs 30000 hours.
Images
  • 20190531_080907.jpg
  • 20190531_080921.jpg
  • 20190531_080948.jpg
  • 20190531_081000.jpg
Last edited by keshan on May 30th, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
34 replies
Jul 17, 2007
129 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
nowhere in your post you mention the word ‘projector’. The closest you get in your winding post is ‘the machine’.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2275 posts
2109 upvotes
Alberta
I also clicked into this thread for curiosity. After reading post, I had to follow the link to find out what it was...
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1263 posts
1151 upvotes
Hongcouver
Wouldn't something like this be sufficient?

https://www.amazon.ca/Upgraded-Portable ... ics&sr=1-1

300 inch seems excessive. I have always wanted to have one in the garage as we have white walls.... anyone have a good suggestion? is this a good unit to invest in?
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1263 posts
1151 upvotes
Hongcouver
slayerwulf wrote: Huge difference between supported and native resolution
Can you explain? I have never purchased one before. which one is better?
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2275 posts
2109 upvotes
Alberta
DealPanda wrote: Can you explain? I have never purchased one before. which one is better?
Supported resolution means that it can accept that signal, but probably not display 1:1. Native means that it would project the 1080p image 1:1
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1263 posts
1151 upvotes
Hongcouver
Lush78 wrote: Supported resolution means that it can accept that signal, but probably not display 1:1. Native means that it would project the 1080p image 1:1
So Native will be the better of the two? I have no knowledge of projectors.... I see them on sale all the time but I never understand which one is better. If I want to get one for movies and video game occasionally in the garage, is this a good choice at all?
Thank you all in advance.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2275 posts
2109 upvotes
Alberta
DealPanda wrote: So Native will be the better of the two? I have no knowledge of projectors.... I see them on sale all the time but I never understand which one is better. If I want to get one for movies and video game occasionally in the garage, is this a good choice at all?
Thank you all in advance.
I don't really know much about any of these projectors. But yes, native is always the better option. The term applies to many different electronics.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1209 posts
814 upvotes
Nepean
While these native 1080p Chinese projectors are pretty decent, they will 100% gather dust on the inside of the lens within the first few days or weeks.
Jan 12, 2017
733 posts
314 upvotes
Much of this is probably cheaping out with dealing of inside, but any suggestions to try to reduce this? Would adding a filter at air outlets make any difference?
Heythumb88 wrote: While these native 1080p Chinese projectors are pretty decent, they will 100% gather dust on the inside of the lens within the first few days or weeks.
Jan 12, 2017
733 posts
314 upvotes
So... ordered one last night and it arrived today - some uncertainty given what sites had reviews, but what you see there is pretty accurate.
In comparison to my 720p NEC projector from 2011 (spec'd at ~2500 lumens), I'd say this is similar in brightness and much brighter than ECO mode.
Definitely native 1080p and much better clarity than 720p when focused correctly(as expected) - don' t have a 1080p projector to compare to.
Focus and keystone are manual, but pretty straight forward. Saw some reviews mention remote issues - did not experience this problem...
Will see tonight if this works as planned - was looking for something 'cheap' to use for movies outdoors on the patio.

Not sure where you're going to find a 1080p LED projector close to this brightness below ~$1k. At $330 cdn all in, I would buy again. Only remaining concern being how well it is sealed.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3938 posts
679 upvotes
Windsor
Chickennbeans wrote: So... ordered one last night and it arrived today - some uncertainty given what sites had reviews, but what you see there is pretty accurate.
In comparison to my 720p NEC projector from 2011 (spec'd at ~2500 lumens), I'd say this is similar in brightness and much brighter than ECO mode.
Definitely native 1080p and much better clarity than 720p when focused correctly(as expected) - don' t have a 1080p projector to compare to.
Focus and keystone are manual, but pretty straight forward. Saw some reviews mention remote issues - did not experience this problem...
Will see tonight if this works as planned - was looking for something 'cheap' to use for movies outdoors on the patio.

Not sure where you're going to find a 1080p LED projector close to this brightness below ~$1k. At $330 cdn all in, I would buy again. Only remaining concern being how well it is sealed.
How are the colours/skin tones? Quite often terrible on these Chinese projectors...
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12950 posts
13697 upvotes
Ok, so the 220-ish reviews from Amazon USA are in, folks like this thing... and it's an 'Amazon Choice' product.

https://reviewmeta.com/amazon/B07NBNCNLM

Am I tempted? Yes. Do I know better? Let's hope so.

We need another projector to kick around in the business, and the price is right, but I am skeptical as all hell.