Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Various Kreg tools: K5 $159, K4 Master System ($139), K4 ($99), R3 JR ($33)..

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 2:32 pm
Apr 22, 2004
247 posts
6 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
Thanks for the heads-up. Cancelled my K4MS order from last night and ordered the K5
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
2057 posts
479 upvotes
Burlington
Wow these don't go on-sale very often.

For cheaper screws primecables sometimes has great sales on theirs!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Get the K5 if you're doing a lot... the clamp on the same side is a HUGE win vs the K4
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Nov 25, 2019
330 posts
541 upvotes
Thanks OP! Bought the K5, on a bit of a whim. $130 sounds like a rare deal on this. I'm not 100% sure this is something I need and will use often, but I have a few days to decide if I need to cancel my order. Most likely will keep it and it can be my gateway into woodworking.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
K5 vs K4MS..? How critical are the extra parts in the MS package vs the upgrade of the K5?

edit: I think I may do the K4MS over the K5..
Oct 13, 2008
128 posts
82 upvotes
Thunder Bay
I would of never thought looking there!
Too bad the 1-1/4 are sold out right now but I'll defiantly be picking some up when they come back in stock! Thank you!!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
2226 posts
52764 upvotes
Scarborough
Not sure which one to choose from K4MS vs K5...
Bought the smaller version earlier which I used couple of times..

newbie for woodworking and also I dont have the face clamp... any suggestion would be appreciated!
Jul 13, 2010
16 posts
21 upvotes
ottawa
Bart_ wrote: Home Depot ended up selling me the K4 Master Kit for $99 yesterday (retails for $195). I was pretty happy as the K5 was sold out, but now that it’s available again, I’m not sure if I should keep the K4 Master or return/sell it and buy and K5.
I already have one Kreg auto-clamp, so the benefit is limited.
How did you match the price to $99? The amazon price for K4 Master is $139. Was the amazon price $99, and it went up to $139?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
2226 posts
52764 upvotes
Scarborough
ebayatli wrote: How did you match the price to $99? The amazon price for K4 Master is $139. Was the amazon price $99, and it went up to $139?

Amazon's lowest for K4MS was 136$ back on Oct 2011!
Jul 13, 2010
16 posts
21 upvotes
ottawa
dreamsite wrote: Amazon's lowest for K4MS was 136$ back on Oct 2011!
That's what I'm wondering. How did he/she price match it to $99?
Oct 21, 2009
538 posts
669 upvotes
ebayatli wrote: That's what I'm wondering. How did he/she price match it to $99?
Just got lucky. Asked an associate if they would price match amazon, they said sure, he grabbed the master system and went to check me out.

I’ll end up returning it as I ended up buying the K5, and I kind of feel bad for them.
Oct 21, 2009
538 posts
669 upvotes
hvc wrote: K5 vs K4MS..? How critical are the extra parts in the MS package vs the upgrade of the K5?

edit: I think I may do the K4MS over the K5..
The most valuable tool in the master system is the clamp. I picked up an auto clamp a while ago for $20 off Kijiji.

The K5 design improvements are worth more than the additional accessories that the K4 master system comes with. If it had a corner or auto clamp, it would be a different story.

Take a look at the video on the first page, it does a great job comparing the K4, K5 and the master systems.
Oct 21, 2009
538 posts
669 upvotes
dreamsite wrote: Not sure which one to choose from K4MS vs K5...
Bought the smaller version earlier which I used couple of times..

newbie for woodworking and also I dont have the face clamp... any suggestion would be appreciated!
If you already have the smaller version, go with the K5 over the K4 MS. One of the additional accessories in the MS is a portable base, which you don’t need. The only thing you can look into getting is a clamp. And depending on how much you will be using it, you can use an off-brand one, or look for one on Kijiji.
Aug 9, 2007
75 posts
52 upvotes
Gatineau, Québec
shit.. I ordered the K4MS yesterday and I just received it... now the K5 is back in stock... I don't have any good reason to not get charge to return K4MS to amazon (it is not damaged).. and the shipping cost is over 18$!! because the box is quite heavy for such a small thing..
I even try with better price somewhere else and I still get charge..
Oct 21, 2009
538 posts
669 upvotes
Sp3kt3r wrote: shit.. I ordered the K4MS yesterday and I just received it... now the K5 is back in stock... I don't have any good reason to not get charge to return K4MS to amazon (it is not damaged).. and the shipping cost is over 18$!! because the box is quite heavy for such a small thing..
I even try with better price somewhere else and I still get charge..
There is nothing wrong with the K4. They rarely go on sale and you got a great deal.
Jul 28, 2010
780 posts
1030 upvotes
Montreal
The K5 I received from amazon was not new in box. :facepalm: Box was resealed.
Nov 14, 2006
736 posts
829 upvotes
klamyo wrote: The K5 I received from amazon was not new in box. :facepalm: Box was resealed.
Same here, seal tape reapplied but nothing missing.
New drill bit, plastic pieces and the clamp works (after learning the unique two steps Kreg clamp method).
It is a tool/jig that will take lots of use and wear so it is fine for me with a lesser price shock than regular price Kreg stuff.
Nov 29, 2017
16 posts
12 upvotes
This crap happened to me with the Bosch 1617EVS sale on prime day so I sent it back. It had obvious scratches on it indicating prior use. I’m seriously considering avoiding Amazon for tool sales completely. I don’t care if it’s a sale. I expect brand new - or at the very least, completely undetectably used (cause how would I know at that point?). This trend of selling obviously reconditioned tools just makes me so much more hesitant of buying from Amazon in general. Really disappointing. If you’re selling reconditioned tools at a discount just bloody state it! At least then we can go in eyes open.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)