Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Venus Induction Capable Espresso Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel, 6 cup. | 32% Off | $39.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2020 10:59 am
May 18, 2018
357 posts
291 upvotes
Also, moka pots do not make espresso, just like air fryers don't fry your food :) It's just another marketing non-truth.

Moka pots make great coffee that's definitely better than drip (IMO), but extraction pressure is nowhere near 9 bars, so definitely will not taste like an espresso.
Sep 15, 2015
592 posts
372 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Review says interior is coated not SS some mentioned rust/broken lid within short usage. I will hold it and stick with my aluminum one.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2063 posts
1037 upvotes
AndreaL87013 wrote: If you don't have a grinder I suggest you to try with espresso ones... you can find some grinds on the bottom of the cup after drinking your coffee but you shouldn't be able to feel them in your mouth.
You can try "Crema e gusto" or "Qualità Rossa" from Lavazza. They are cheap enough and you can easily find them at every supermarket. Even if it's suggested to use with a coffee machine, it's ok for the moka as you can see from the picture on the package.
Every italian brand sells coffee to be used with a moka, since it's the standard way to drink coffee at home in Italy. So I'd say you can stick with them at the beginning and try different mixes from there.
I didn't have a good experience with Cimo though.
What was your bad experience with Cimo? They're on sale right now on Costco.ca 2 for $38. Was just about to pull the trigger...
Dec 19, 2018
121 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
razrsharp wrote: What was your bad experience with Cimo? They're on sale right now on Costco.ca 2 for $38. Was just about to pull the trigger...
I just tried the already ground Cimo Espresso Azzurro and I didn't like the taste. Also the water didn't flow very well through coffee by using low heat, and increasing the heat resulted in a bitter/burnt taste.
Also, when you grow up in Italy and start preparing coffee by yourself, often grand mothers scare you by telling the worst stories about moka pots exploding. Therefore I didn't take any other risk... Face With Tears Of Joy
Same as you, I tried it because it was on sale and I thought it was an italian brand (as the name and the flag on the package suggest), but actuallt it is produced in Montreal as far as I know.