Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Victorinox-INOX stainless steel watch $210.87 shipped $170.42 + shipping and tax, 3rd party

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2021 7:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2142 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Amazon.ca] Victorinox-INOX stainless steel watch $210.87 shipped $170.42 + shipping and tax, 3rd party

Good quality swiss quartz watch with leather strap. Little large at 43mm. Seems the quantity has been updated to 5, so looks like there should be no problems acquiring one at least presently. Slightly higher offerings exist on ebay, this watch usually sells for $500>. Looks like this strap combination is being sold out to accommodate the rubber strap versions, for a more diving look. This watch combination seems to be no longer current on victorinox's site so must be a close out by third party retailers.
https://www.victorinox.com/ca/en/INOX-C ... collection

Long term review and battery change, pretty standard you will need a $10 tool.
Last edited by betamaxman on May 12th, 2021 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
53 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5862 posts
2396 upvotes
Debtario
I'll pass due to the untrusted third party seller.

Otherwise this is a solid watch with sapphire crystal. Just be aware it is quite thick (14mm) for a quartz watch, which is why I ended up selling mine. For the thickness they should have used the lithium cell version of the Ronda 715 movement for 10 year battery life, just my musings - otherwise cheap and easy to change the battery.

Worth nothing this is not a $500 watch, going rate seems to be around $200 to 250 USD.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14501 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
M1K3Z0R wrote: I'll pass due to the untrusted third party seller.
Yeah, I would be wary of receiving a fake 'Swiss' watch from China.

Victorinox watches are crazy overpriced for what you are getting IMO.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1370 posts
801 upvotes
ottawa
Kurtz7834 wrote: Yeah, I would be wary of receiving a fake 'Swiss' watch from China.

That's odd eh, it's the exact opposite for their kitchen knives. Under priced for the product.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2142 upvotes
Cornwall PE
M1K3Z0R wrote: I'll pass due to the untrusted third party seller.
Worth nothing this is not a $500 watch, going rate seems to be around $200 to 250 USD.
My guess is that it is in a close out situation, that is the watch with leather strap as the brown version is also around this price though higher. The rubber strap versions are still 500 and more and are all that are available except for stainless bracelet, as I suspect this one was once as well.
As for the seller the only negative comments on it are concerning delivery problems last year and amazon has issued a statement to the effect as it wasn't the seller's fault, and you are still covered under amazon's return policy, thirty days I believe. Plenty of time to access it's worth and/or return it.
Listed as a manufacture's warranty though I doubt it, but getting an inox body for $200 it is worth the risk imo.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2142 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Kurtz7834 wrote: Yeah, I would be wary of receiving a fake 'Swiss' watch from China.

Mine shipped from the USA as per DHL's tracking. To arrive may 12 to 25th.
As per the amazon page, "Place of Business : MONROE, CT, 06468 US"
I think this will remain at this price for a while so wait if you want I will be posting my experience when it arrives. This is covered by amazon's return policy after all.
Last edited by betamaxman on May 4th, 2021 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14501 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
barqers wrote: That's odd eh, it's the exact opposite for their kitchen knives. Under priced for the product.
Yeah, they make great knives, agreed.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14501 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
Does this have a screw down crown?
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14501 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
betamaxman wrote: Mine shipped from the USA as per DHL's tracking. To arrive may 12 to 25th.
I think this will remain at this price for a while so wait if you want I will be posting my experience when it arrives. This is covered by amazon's return policy after all.
Shipping from the US doesn't meant it's not a fake watch made in China and previously imported. But hopefully not, hope it works out for you. I have too many watches already so I will pass.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2304 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
barqers wrote: That's odd eh, it's the exact opposite for their kitchen knives. Under priced for the product.
I wouldn't say so. It's quite competitive in quality and prices with their competitors.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15328 posts
6738 upvotes
Ottawa
I really wish manufacturers would use Lithium cells as a default.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15328 posts
6738 upvotes
Ottawa
Kurtz7834 wrote: Does this have a screw down crown?
Seems so. Most 200M watches tend to have screw down crowns, at least the ones I own. Otherwise, the gaskets have to be pretty beefy.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14501 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: I really wish manufacturers would use Lithium cells as a default.
Yup, especially in this price range. Shame to break the water seal to replace a battery every 2 years.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15328 posts
6738 upvotes
Ottawa
I liked some of the Victorinox watches for their robust build. Their INOX models are known for their durability. Would give G-Shocks a run for their money

More tests described here.

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Wa ... ches-tests
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14501 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: I liked some of the Victorinox watches for their robust build. Their INOX models are known for their durability. Would give G-Shocks a run for their money

More tests described here.

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Wa ... ches-tests
I'm surprised the sapphire crystal didn't shatter. Sapphire is usually not the best choice for a 'hard use' watch that will be abused. Or is this just mineral glass coated with sapphire, as they do in the Wenger watches?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5862 posts
2396 upvotes
Debtario
betamaxman wrote: Mine shipped from the USA as per DHL's tracking. To arrive may 12 to 25th.
Please keep us updated. Hopefully theres no brokerage or duty tacked on upon delivery.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2142 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Kurtz7834 wrote: Shipping from the US doesn't meant it's not a fake watch made in China and previously imported. But hopefully not, hope it works out for you. I have too many watches already so I will pass.
Perhaps, but I would think it highly unlikely anyone would bother with fake copies of a $500 dollar watch or any sub $1000 watch.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2142 upvotes
Cornwall PE
M1K3Z0R wrote: Please keep us updated. Hopefully theres no brokerage or duty tacked on upon delivery.
Will do.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5909 posts
2142 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Kurtz7834 wrote: Yup, especially in this price range. Shame to break the water seal to replace a battery every 2 years.
The water seal is a rubber o-ring and doesn't break. A little silicon grease would be a good idea. I myself would actually consider using a new o-ring. Even the o-ring on the crown should be replaced every few years, that is if water resistance is a real concern. Anyway a watches water resistance is going to deteriorate with age as the gaskets deteriorate.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14501 posts
4957 upvotes
Toronto
betamaxman wrote: Perhaps, but I would think it highly unlikely anyone would bother with fake copies of a $500 dollar watch or any sub $1000 watch.
I've seen enough fake Swiss Army watches, believe it or not. Lower end watches like Tissot are also frequently faked. It's all about whether you trust the seller.