Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ViewSonic VX3268-2KPC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor with FreeSync VA $399.99 (UPDATED) PRE-ORDER

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 4:56 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3891 posts
1708 upvotes
BC
Neo_ZX wrote: Great price but I got a 32" flat and I question the usefulness of the curve, heck even 32" I feel is too big for most setups.
I've long abandoned my original triple 32" plan.

On average I sit ~2.5 to 3.5 feet away and it's great for productivity but not good for most games. It's too big to get a balanced scope in games.
You can miss things while focusing too much in a small area, but also when panning your head to catch wider details.
However it is great for ambiance/immersion in something more passive like racing or flight sim.

Very curious how everyone will feel about these if you ever end up getting them!
I'm not sure about this size either. I play mostly shooter types and plan on playing the crap out of CP 2077. On paper I already know that 32" is too big for desktop play BUT at this price for these features I'm willing to give it a try.
Oct 27, 2019
216 posts
69 upvotes
I have ordered this and also considering purchasing the Best Buy Dell deal before that expires end of day. Very tough choice to be honest. The price is great on this, but Dell seems to be better.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2124 posts
1161 upvotes
Vancouveresque
RCPC101 wrote: I have ordered this and also considering purchasing the Best Buy Dell deal before that expires end of day. Very tough choice to be honest. The price is great on this, but Dell seems to be better.
For nearly $200 more, I should hope that the Dell is better.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1357 posts
283 upvotes
ORLEANS
RCPC101 wrote: I have ordered this and also considering purchasing the Best Buy Dell deal before that expires end of day. Very tough choice to be honest. The price is great on this, but Dell seems to be better.
How is dell better? I also purchased that one from bestbuy. But $200 difference, I’m kinda leaning towards the view sonic. Any major or minor differences? Just an occasional gamer.
Sep 1, 2015
486 posts
634 upvotes
Keep in mind the curve will reduce the screen real estate feeling compared to a 32" flat. That's what makes this a good gaming monitor. Keep in mind it is also 144hz and freesync. That alone puts it ahead of many 1080p 60hz or 75hz 9r even 4k 60hz for me.

The only real negative I can see is if you have a super bright room or tons of windows and light. 250 nits brightness is a bit low these days as the high end monitors tend to do 400. But if you game in the dark or don't even utilize full brightness, you'll be okay. Excited to get it. 1440p and 144hz with freesync and a curve with under 1ms lag will be amazing for shooters and other games. This would be a good price even at $400+ but it is a steal at under $310.
Oct 27, 2019
216 posts
69 upvotes
Palidino wrote: How is dell better? I also purchased that one from bestbuy. But $200 difference, I’m kinda leaning towards the view sonic. Any major or minor differences? Just an occasional gamer.
Dell is almost twice as bright and has better colors. It's also HDR400, viewsonic no HDR. Dell also goes slightly better to 165hz. But again, its $200 more.

Dell looks crazy good in this video Your text to link here...
Sep 1, 2015
486 posts
634 upvotes
ViewSonic VX3258-2KC-MHD 

Supposedly this was last years variant if people want to see reviews or videos. Some slight tweaks this year. But again, always take into account the price too. This monitor is priced this much in USD. And it is CAD for us.
Oct 27, 2019
216 posts
69 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: ViewSonic VX3258-2KC-MHD 

Supposedly this was last years variant if people want to see reviews or videos. Some slight tweaks this year. But again, always take into account the price too. This monitor is priced this much in USD. And it is CAD for us.
I looked that model up at Staples and PC canada and it was $549 and $395 respectively. So this indeed is an error.
Dec 23, 2010
198 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
I'm building a new computer this Black Friday. Should I wait for Black Friday deals for a monitor, or should I pull the trigger on two of these? (I also currently have a GTX 1060 6GB atm, which won't be able to run 1440 reliably.)
Last edited by thegraduate112 on Aug 6th, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1592 posts
984 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Ordered. Hopefully it isnt cancelled.
Sep 1, 2015
486 posts
634 upvotes
RCPC101 wrote: I looked that model up at Staples and PC canada and it was $549 and $395 respectively. So this indeed is an error.
Yep and seems they fixed the primary issues folks had with the previous one. Getting lag down to 1ms or less (will have to see if it does indeed hit that), less reflective of a screen, VESA mount, etc. somehow for less.
Mar 26, 2012
190 posts
47 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Make sure you have a video card that can output before impulse buy. Otherwise prepare to upgrade computer
I made this semi-mistake like 6 years ago, getting a 1440p 27' gaming monitor a bit early. Had to upgrade GPU before I wanted to.

This being said, today, 1440p is no longer a 'enthusiast' choice for PC gamers. Just be aware it takes more horsepower than 1080p gaming.

On a 32 incher, 1440p is not a luxury though.
Sep 17, 2008
769 posts
286 upvotes
BC
jaszy wrote: Looks like it's finally time to upgrade my QNIX QX2710 from 2013... Thanks OP!
I also have the same one!

By the way, will the curve display having viewing issue if I am not centrally sitted? I would like to buy this and used my existing 27 side by side.
Oct 1, 2012
60 posts
24 upvotes
GVR
In for two for my versa mount. It is time to retire my two 27" FHD HP monitors. I think my Nvidia 1080 card should work fine with light gaming.
Nov 15, 2013
60 posts
45 upvotes
You can order from dell with 10%OFFMONITOR plus if you sign up for their email you will get an extra 15% off coupon that stacks bringing your total down to under 500 after tax. I live in BC and it comes out to $470 all in. I think I'm gonna go Dell because Im okay with spending an extra 130 to get better features and not giving shitty amazon any business