Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ViewSonic VX3268-2KPC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor with FreeSync VA $399.99 (UPDATED) PRE-ORDER

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 4:56 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9250 posts
12151 upvotes
GT-EH
housemusic wrote: Guys,

Which one is better - the LG Costco one above or the Viewsonic one posted by the OP? It would be for general use (ie. surfing the web, word, excel, etc)? I’m not a gamer.

I am thinking since amazon hasn’t changed the price after all these orders maybe the MVA panel has been downgraded for this new model to reach the lower price?

Thanks,
HMR.
LG Costco is for non-gamers; -- but can still be used to play some casual games.

This Viewsonic is for the hardcore gamers who want higher refresh rates and lower latency.
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Sep 13, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
Will the price go up after the pre order? The price is very nice, but I am afraid about ghosting. I bought a cheap 144hz monitor before and ghosting was so bad I had headaches
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2120 posts
1157 upvotes
Vancouveresque
JeanFrancoisD62308 wrote: Will the price go up after the pre order? The price is very nice, but I am afraid about ghosting. I bought a cheap 144hz monitor before and ghosting was so bad I had headaches
The price could very well go up at any time. It appears as if it's currently a price error, considering it's more in line with the US pricing than the expected Canadian price.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Apr 24, 2005
59 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
I have a 1660 Ti card, will the monitor be useless with this card? I've searched for answers on the web, and some sites say the card plays at 1440 and others say it doesn't. Thanks in advance for any advice. I currently have the LG 29wk600.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1460 posts
305 upvotes
GTA
GeeCee wrote: The price could very well go up at any time. It appears as if it's currently a price error, considering it's more in line with the US pricing than the expected Canadian price.
If Amazon do process it then I think it's possibly a promo price (if not a price error) then it will go up.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $60/10GB plan - Medium Tab
Lucky Mobile $25 plan
Speakout + $10 unlimited text
Nov 29, 2010
140 posts
21 upvotes
Is this overkill for WFH. I'm a teacher, and plan on transitioning to corporate soon but will teach on the side. Thanks OP btw.
Nov 29, 2001
256 posts
68 upvotes
Langley
lachhman wrote: I have a 1660 Ti card, will the monitor be useless with this card? I've searched for answers on the web, and some sites say the card plays at 1440 and others say it doesn't. Thanks in advance for any advice. I currently have the LG 29wk600.
It really depends on what games your planning on playing, what graphic settings your willing to adjust to to get a decent frame rate and so on. If your expecting to play AAA games at high settings with a high frame rate then no, once again though it really depends as some games are way less optimized then others. If you have certain games you plan on playing then look those up individually to see what you can expect to get out of your video card at that resolution.
Nov 4, 2014
189 posts
110 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Taking a gamble and pre-ordered this monitor. I assume returns for larger items is just as easy as other returns on Amazon? I briefly had the LG 32GK850F-B but the ghosting was unbearable for me. I told myself at that point I would not consider any more VA panel monitors but alas, the price for the OP monitor is too sweet to pass up.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3973 posts
694 upvotes
Windsor
Spudly204 wrote: Taking a gamble and pre-ordered this monitor. I assume returns for larger items is just as easy as other returns on Amazon? I briefly had the LG 32GK850F-B but the ghosting was unbearable for me. I told myself at that point I would not consider any more VA panel monitors but alas, the price for the OP monitor is too sweet to pass up.
No problem returning larger stuff, but I would use UPS rather than Canada Post. I returned a projector earlier in the year no issues.
Apr 24, 2005
59 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
serc wrote: It really depends on what games your planning on playing, what graphic settings your willing to adjust to to get a decent frame rate and so on. If your expecting to play AAA games at high settings with a high frame rate then no, once again though it really depends as some games are way less optimized then others. If you have certain games you plan on playing then look those up individually to see what you can expect to get out of your video card at that resolution.
Thank you. I just flight sim on the computer, XPlane and soon MS2020
Nov 13, 2017
113 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
A bit off topic but does anyone know how will Amazon deal with returned monitors? resell at a discount price under open box tag ?
Nov 4, 2014
189 posts
110 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
G77 wrote: No problem returning larger stuff, but I would use UPS rather than Canada Post. I returned a projector earlier in the year no issues.
Good tip, thanks! I usually do Canada Post for convenience but makes sense to use UPS for an item like this.
Sep 1, 2015
480 posts
633 upvotes
housemusic wrote: Guys,

Which one is better - the LG Costco one above or the Viewsonic one posted by the OP? It would be for general use (ie. surfing the web, word, excel, etc)? I’m not a gamer.

I am thinking since amazon hasn’t changed the price after all these orders maybe the MVA panel has been downgraded for this new model to reach the lower price?

Thanks,
HMR.
I would say Viewsonic due to what you're getting for the price. 6 bit + FRC is essentially 8-bit. 10 bit often is 8 bit + FRC as well. Hard to measure without expert colorometer. Plus this is an MVA panel not TN which means better contrast than IPS. Better if you will be using in a dark room or at night. Because the LG is IPS. The viewing angles likely better even at flat.

Nit brightness between 250-300 will not be noticeable as much unlike say going to a 400+ nit brightness panel. Even more of a moot point if you never make brightness 100 which I hardly see anyone do for their monitor unless it is some brightly lit office or multiple windows/sunroom type place.

Even if you are not a gamer, lower input lag means less ghosting. 32" is massive for a monitor. Curved I prefer over flat due to less eye tracking. But again if you won't be gaming at all, maybe the LG. It is cheaper and Costco probably better for returns but Viewsonic is also 3 year warranty. Not sure about the LG.

It all comes down to what you want monitor for. If you will be using it for SOME gaming. Get the ViewSonic.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3517 posts
927 upvotes
GTA
RosalynG779926 wrote: A bit off topic but does anyone know how will Amazon deal with returned monitors? resell at a discount price under open box tag ?
Amazon Warehouse deals

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

ScottF391