Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ViewSonic VX3268-2KPC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor with FreeSync VA $399.99 (UPDATED) PRE-ORDER

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2020 9:33 am
Sep 1, 2015
579 posts
742 upvotes
VX3258-2KC-MHD

Apparently this was a 2018ish-2019 variant of this monitor. Not only was it considered a good budget monitor at nearly $200 more than we got on this one, but you can see some unboxings and reviews if you want.

https://www.pcgamer.com/viewsonic-vx325 ... or-review/

They seem to have fixed a lot of the things that people complained about like input latency and vesa mount capable etc. In the end, again keep in mind what you paid. Since it is a preordered new release item, we will likely be the guinea pigs for quality and reviews if they do ship from Amazon soon.
Nov 17, 2003
456 posts
82 upvotes
Just curious, what makes this a budget monitor? Specs wise, it looks good.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3986 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
Intenze wrote: Just curious, what makes this a budget monitor? Specs wise, it looks good.
250 nit vs 350 brightness, 6+2 bit vs 8+2and VA panel vs IPS are a few compromises but at this price it’s good value.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Apr 7, 2011
775 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Jonavin wrote: 250 nit vs 350 brightness, 6+2 bit vs 8+2and VA panel vs IPS are a few compromises but at this price it’s good value.
Just wanted to point out that TN vs VA vs IPS all have pros and cons.
And as with everything else. Even within each type of technology, there are better quality or worse quality of each type of panel.

A good quality VA panel with good feature, will trump a low quality IPS panel with no features.

I think we will really have to wait till we get it before we make any judgements.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3202 posts
3215 upvotes
Oakville
So torn whether to cancel or not.

Is 25% off really a hot deal for a monitor?

Don't monitors go for a lot less on black Friday.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Apr 7, 2011
775 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: So torn whether to cancel or not.

Is 25% off really a hot deal for a monitor?

Don't monitors go for a lot less on black Friday.
As far as I can tell, the cheapest a monitor of these specs has ever gone for was this:
amazon-ca-aopen-32hc1qur-pbidpx-1800r-c ... 9-2359429/

And AOpen exactly brand name. Though, given Viewsonic's lackluster marketshare over the last 10 years, I would put these two on similar footing, or viewsonic a little bit of the upper hand.

Given curve screen technology isn't all that new anymore, prices aren't likely to drop all that much in the short term. Prices in the future will likely be dependent on supply and demand.

I'm buying this to upgrade from a normal 24 inch 1080p which I think is a decent upgrade.

What you might really want to think of is where you're going to put the monitor. This thing is massive. So prepare to have some space on your table for it, and likely need at least 1 to 1.5 meter distance from the monitor. Any closer and you'll probably have to move your head or eyes around a lot to see all corners of the screen which isn't ideal.
Feb 28, 2011
26 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
Ultrawide but not curved... If i don't play games, will I see a difference?
Aug 19, 2008
302 posts
159 upvotes
Would this be good for console gaming? or am I better off getting a TV?
Dec 24, 2012
181 posts
38 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
askings for suggestions.

which application is better/easier to check the deal pixel on screen ? Thanks in advance.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13681 posts
8690 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
free of charge
bigcircle wrote: askings for suggestions.

which application is better/easier to check the deal pixel on screen ? Thanks in advance.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13681 posts
8690 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
yeah, it'll be good for consoles and pc.
GTFO wrote: Would this be good for console gaming? or am I better off getting a TV?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1377 posts
293 upvotes
ORLEANS
This ViewSonic or the dell S3220DGF?

I got the ViewSonic for $310 and the dell for $500. Almost $200 difference. I just do occasional gaming such as warzone and then youtube videos.
Aug 25, 2008
641 posts
470 upvotes
Palidino wrote: This ViewSonic or the dell S3220DGF?

I got the ViewSonic for $310 and the dell for $500. Almost $200 difference. I just do occasional gaming such as warzone and then youtube videos.
I'd say almost across the board the Dell S3220DGF is the better monitor. Higher brightness (350 to 450 in HDR vs 250), HDR vs none, faster refresh (165 vs 144), 10 bit vs 8. Response time is plenty quick, but a bit slower than the Viewsonic (4ms vs 1ms). Also, the Dell has a much lower curvature of the screen (1800R vs 1500R). But at 65% more expensive, you'd expect the Dell to be better. If you've got a high end GPU already, I'd probably buy the Dell. For me, I need to upgrade my GPU so I'm happy to save the $200 and put it towards an Ampere or Big Navi card (leaning heavily towards team green atm).
---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
TCL 65R617 $625
Viewsonic VX3268 32 Inch 144Hz 1ms Monitor $280
Nov 13, 2017
104 posts
105 upvotes
Ontario
Andrew4Life wrote: Just wanted to point out that TN vs VA vs IPS all have pros and cons.
And as with everything else. Even within each type of technology, there are better quality or worse quality of each type of panel.

A good quality VA panel with good feature, will trump a low quality IPS panel with no features.

I think we will really have to wait till we get it before we make any judgements.
I've got a viewsonic VX2758-2KP-MHD, which is a flat 27" 1440p 144hz IPS monitor. If this one ships, I'll write back with some colour reproduction comparisons between the two. I do photo-editing so I still intend to use that as the main monitor for that purpose, but if this one is good, it'll become the central general-use monitor in my setup.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3211 posts
385 upvotes
CALGARY
Does anybody know if the height of this monitor is adjustable. I have 18.5 inch clearance in my computer table; I was wondering if this would fit.
  • To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
  • A sign of a person’s evil is his need to constantly argue.