Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ViewSonic VX3268-2KPC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor with FreeSync VA $399.99 (UPDATED) PRE-ORDER

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 4:56 pm
Jan 16, 2014
5 posts
5 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Yurickz wrote: If you need color accuracy, this is probably not the monitor you want since it is truly only a 6bit panel.
I thought that color accuracy is related to delta E that can be reduced by calibration. Bit depth and gamut give the range of colors that can be displayed, no?

https://www.viewsonic.com/library/creat ... -accuracy/

https://color.viewsonic.com/explore/con ... mut_6.html
Sep 5, 2013
143 posts
118 upvotes
Hamilton
ScottF391 wrote: would this monitor be good for Photo and Video editing? Thinking abaout canceling then ordering a IPS gaming monitor if I can find one? I do do alot of Photo and Video Editing\
If you're looking for color accuracy then you generally want to stick to IPS, since that's generally what is used.

VA panels are good for color contrast which make images 'pop' more.

If you got this monitor for its price error, you might as well try it out though!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3808 posts
1672 upvotes
ScottF391 wrote: would this monitor be good for Photo and Video editing? Thinking abaout canceling then ordering a IPS gaming monitor if I can find one? I do do alot of Photo and Video Editing\
I wouldnt recommend a curved monitor for that work. Go for a 4k monitor for sharpness and IPS for color accuracy .

With curved monitors, straight lines wont look straight so not ideal for editting.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1816 posts
715 upvotes
Good VA panels have good accuracy as well.
Nov 13, 2017
98 posts
102 upvotes
Ontario
halcyon wrote: With curved monitors, straight lines wont look straight so not ideal for editting.
I edit a lot of photos and this is an extremely good point. The curvature coupled with VA makes me not recommend this monitor if you're going to regularly edit photos on it, and possibly videos too. Go with a flat IPS 27"/1440p or 32"/4K monitor instead if that's going to be your primary one for photo-editing. Even if you did get this one at the really low price, it's still going to frustrate you if you edit a lot of photos on it.
Last edited by DonJoe on Sep 17th, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2, 2019
49 posts
25 upvotes
Amazon told me today that they'll be shipping on October 28. Longer time than I expected.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1437 posts
236 upvotes
Peterborough
Just asked amazon if I could pick out a different monitor and them sent me that one it was $100 more then said no guess I'll just ait my daughter has an IPS monitor I can use if I really need to edit stuff
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1437 posts
236 upvotes
Peterborough
I ordered a gaming monitor almost 3 weeks ago to and its being delayed too
Sep 13, 2020
13 posts
2 upvotes
EarnestEric wrote: Amazon told me today that they'll be shipping on October 28. Longer time than I expected.
This is so terrible. the Viewsonic factory said they already have stock, what the hell is Amazon doing?
Dec 1, 2006
675 posts
70 upvotes
Anyone see a comparable monitor for +/- $100 range?? The wait has been crazy...
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3912 posts
899 upvotes
Markham
EarnestEric wrote: Amazon told me today that they'll be shipping on October 28. Longer time than I expected.
Might as well cancel and wait for Black Friday deals.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3973 posts
694 upvotes
Windsor
PCMR77 wrote: what the hell is Amazon doing?
Playing chicken with us so they don't have to honour the price error.....
Sep 13, 2020
13 posts
2 upvotes
chinmoku_tak wrote: Anyone see a comparable monitor for +/- $100 range?? The wait has been crazy...
AOC CQ27G1 is a similar one except it is 27" instead of 32". At 2k resolution, I actually prefer 27" because it's more clear. At 4k I prefer 32". This one is $338. I don't know why this is so cheap, no price error. This is the best price I found for 2k, 144hz curved monitor
Sep 13, 2020
13 posts
2 upvotes
G77 wrote: Playing chicken with us so they don't have to honour the price error.....
I made them paid for this, yesterday I asked for $10 from Amazon customer rep, still I won't cancel this order

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Tazlino