Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ViewSonic VX3268-2KPC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor with FreeSync VA $399.99 (UPDATED) PRE-ORDER

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 10:17 pm
Sep 26, 2015
528 posts
261 upvotes
Dyklone wrote: $225? How?
Refund on the price difference plus compensation for the delays.
Nov 24, 2014
84 posts
57 upvotes
nagooro wrote: Refund on the price difference plus compensation for the delays.
That's insane, did you escalate in chat or just talk to them normally and ask for the other monitor?
Sep 5, 2013
140 posts
118 upvotes
Hamilton
I posted this earlier but I will explain it again.

Amazon has a very sophisticated algorithm for managing the value of their accounts now. This is not like the old days where you can just send a box of sand as a return based on weight.

What is available to you is very YMMV based on the value of your account. They can factor for example things like how much stuff you buy say in a month, how much you return, how often you escalate issues, and how many times you've contacted customer service, how often and how many credits you've been given.

I have also mentioned to be very careful when pushing these things, if amazon gives you a warning you're in trouble. A ban on amazon can cut you off from amazon even if you make a new account, since you can get your address, ip, name, fingerprint etc blacklisted.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6159 posts
2075 upvotes
elunesgrace wrote: I posted this earlier but I will explain it again.

Amazon has a very sophisticated algorithm for managing the value of their accounts now. This is not like the old days where you can just send a box of sand as a return based on weight.

What is available to you is very YMMV based on the value of your account. They can factor for example things like how much stuff you buy say in a month, how much you return, how often you escalate issues, and how many times you've contacted customer service, how often and how many credits you've been given.

I have also mentioned to be very careful when pushing these things, if amazon gives you a warning you're in trouble. A ban on amazon can cut you off from amazon even if you make a new account, since you can get your address, ip, name, fingerprint etc blacklisted.
Not suprisingly but where do you get this info from?
Sep 5, 2013
140 posts
118 upvotes
Hamilton
vivibaby wrote: Not suprisingly but where do you get this info from?
First and second hand experience, and I filled in a few of the gaps with educated guesses. I can't really say more.

Also some of what I said is older information, but I would assume that they have only gotten more sophisticated as their expansion of AI, AWS and robotics has grown substantially from what I have seen.

This next bit is completely off topic, but it is my view that as they become better at gathering individualized data and trends, they will be able to much better pinpoint individuals and accounts that we hold will become even more personalized than they are. It is similar to how facebook creates shadow profiles.
Jan 15, 2018
173 posts
148 upvotes
@elunesgrace
I'm not surprised at all by what you say, I'd actually be surprised if it wasn't true. Every major company has a customer rating and status. Just playing devil's advocate tho, how much do you really care if amazon gives you a warning? I personally love the convenience of Amazon but also try to spread my purchases from different retailers because competition is good... Good for the consumer.
A bit if food for thought but have you noticed how Amazon almost never has exclusive deals? If you see something on sale, chances are it is on sale elsewhere and their bots have picked up and matched the price. When your modus operandi is to annihilate the competition at all cost, that makes you slightly evil in my book.
On the other hand tho Amazon has brought on many great changes to the way we shop and indeed has increased the competition but given too much power I have no doubt that the consumer will pay the ultimate price.

P.S. as sophisticated as their algorithms are it still baffles me that 3rd party sellers get stock on and off to sell on their own marketplace
Sep 5, 2013
140 posts
118 upvotes
Hamilton
FrozenFinger wrote: @elunesgrace
I'm not surprised at all by what you say, I'd actually be surprised if it wasn't true. Every major company has a customer rating and status. Just playing devil's advocate tho, how much do you really care if amazon gives you a warning? I personally love the convenience of Amazon but also try to spread my purchases from different retailers because competition is good... Good for the consumer.
A bit if food for thought but have you noticed how Amazon almost never has exclusive deals? If you see something on sale, chances are it is on sale elsewhere and their bots have picked up and matched the price. When your modus operandi is to annihilate the competition at all cost, that makes you slightly evil in my book.
On the other hand tho Amazon has brought on many great changes to the way we shop and indeed has increased the competition but given too much power I have no doubt that the consumer will pay the ultimate price.

P.S. as sophisticated as their algorithms are it still baffles me that 3rd party sellers get stock on and off to sell on their own marketplace
It isn't just amazon, it is definintely many other companies (telecom is another one that does it a lot in Canada). How much a company can do it though really depends on their access to data and how large their digital footprint is. And this is actually the problem.

Amazon is so massive digitally that its mind-boggling, how much they can create with their algorithms. If amazon wanted to blacklist you, it's a problem not just for your amazon account, but technically if they wanted they could make this data available in some fashion with partners. Because they also have AWS that's a pretty big deal.

Corporations have gotten way too big, with too much power and actually can't be checked by regulators in any real sense, and the average person is pretty lethargic about it. So I figure better people take some precautions for their own future.
Jul 3, 2008
774 posts
247 upvotes
boisbriand
So this looks like a buy more amzn stock to me :D
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1409 posts
231 upvotes
Peterborough
I spent the money on a new lens for my camera plan on putting the money back on my CC later if I don't in time then it was never ment to be for me
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3805 posts
1560 upvotes
BC
ScottF391 wrote: I spent the money on a new lens for my camera plan on putting the money back on my CC later if I don't in time then it was never ment to be for me
Wrong forum. Did you mean to post that to your blog?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1409 posts
231 upvotes
Peterborough
Feegus wrote: Wrong forum. Did you mean to post that to your blog?
No I use a prepaid Credit Card for most of my online purchases. I had the money just for the Monitor on that credit card but spent it on a new lenses and I plan on trying to put the money back on it by the time it ships if it ships to cover the monitor but if I can not come up with the money then I won't be getting the monitor and will have to cancel so now this way I won;t be in a hurry for the monitor to ship now I kind want it to wait till the closer to the end of the month.
Jan 15, 2018
173 posts
148 upvotes
wutcudowong on reddit just posted this:
I spoke to Viewsonic, the first thing the guy said was Woah that's a popular one!
Anyhow they are receiving an order by the end of this week(tomorrow?) in California, which will go out and fulfil all the existing orders they have, including Amazon Canada. Question is did Amazon Canada place an order big enough to fulfil their backorders? Or they will try to place an order only once it becomes available by Viewsonic therefore only getting a limited quantity again. I hope they already placed an order for all of our orders because the next shipment Viewsonic is getting will be in the beginning of November. Transit time from California to Canada should be about 4 days. If amazon will ship we should know by the end of next week, let's see.
Hope we know by next week Winking Face
Mar 29, 2008
360 posts
69 upvotes
Lol I'm not going to believe any dates now, Amazon and Viewsonic doesn't seem to know what's going on....
Mar 17, 2020
8 posts
4 upvotes
The monitor is listed as "in stock" on the Viewsonic website. So there is a really good possibility of it being true. (I hope).
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3805 posts
1560 upvotes
BC
germ686 wrote: The monitor is listed as "in stock" on the Viewsonic website. So there is a really good possibility of it being true. (I hope).
Check again, It says "Availability: Coming Soon"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)