Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ViewSonic VX3268-2KPC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor with FreeSync VA $399.99 (UPDATED) PRE-ORDER

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 4:56 pm
Aug 25, 2008
635 posts
459 upvotes
For sure it very much YMMV. For one thing, I never use the words price match. That's a total non-starter with Amazon and usually leads directly to a no. I talk about the inconvenience, how dates have been repeatedly promised and then failed to deliver, and how could Amazon let a third party seller sell when Amazon has orders outstanding for two months? How is it that a third party got inventory and Amazon did not? How is Amazon going to make this right? Sometimes I get no where, sometimes I get lucky. This week has been particularly good with several items that they've failed to deliver on time when they've made offers of 20% refund, getting a Prime Deal deal that was sold out but the matched the price when stock came back, or, in this case, the offer to refund the price difference between the pre-order and the 3rd party's price. I do wonder if your annual spend comes into play when dealing with their customer support?
---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
TCL 65R617 $625
Viewsonic VX3268 32 Inch 144Hz 1ms Monitor $280
Sep 26, 2018
5 posts
3 upvotes
There are 7 left in stock on Amazon right now @ $432.
Hope they start shipping soon.
Nov 7, 2013
786 posts
609 upvotes
Ottawa
supertroy wrote: Tried chatting twice. Since it's a third party company they refuse to refund the difference.
Yeah not sure how others managed but lucky them. I'm in desperate need of a monitor and really wanted this one especially at this price. My old one died. I'm going to have to try and solder it and get it working until this one ships....if it ever does Face With Rolling Eyes🤪
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
1092 posts
768 upvotes
Ottawa
Apparently just more delays: "more requested from the suppliers"
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1546 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga
Well, to confirm, amazon never had any stock. Third party has it and sold it but not amazon themselves.
Images
  • chatnostock.png
Aug 25, 2008
635 posts
459 upvotes
It felt like I was never going to say this but... shipped!

---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
TCL 65R617 $625
Nov 24, 2014
87 posts
61 upvotes
Painman wrote: It felt like I was never going to say this but... shipped!

Damn bro, you gave me false hope Crying Face

FYI for everyone else, this isn't the original order. He managed to have Amazon swap it for a third party version which actually shipped.

Congrats dude, give us a review once you get it.
Aug 25, 2008
635 posts
459 upvotes
Dyklone wrote: Damn bro, you gave me false hope Crying Face

FYI for everyone else, this isn't the original order. He managed to have Amazon swap it for a third party version which actually shipped.

Congrats dude, give us a review once you get it.
So sorry! I should have mentioned that to avoid giving any false hope. 100% correct - anyone on the original deal still no stock :( When @Stormzo posted that link to a different seller, I was able to convince the Amazon CSR to let me order it and they'd credit the price difference. Once they have done that, I'll post back. RIght now, my card's been charged $485 rather than $350 (they promised to refund only once delivered).
---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
TCL 65R617 $625
May 21, 2013
18 posts
32 upvotes
Ontario
Received the monitor today - so far so good!! I received this from a third party through Amazon (the one mentioned by Stormzo).
Images
  • IMG_20201020_173922.jpg
  • IMG_20201020_161537.jpg
  • IMG_20201020_161518.jpg
Nov 13, 2013
333 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
SuPaChaos wrote: Received the monitor today - so far so good!! I received this from a third party through Amazon (the one mentioned by Stormzo).
How are the colors?
May 21, 2013
18 posts
32 upvotes
Ontario
Yurickz wrote: How are the colors?
It's pretty good. Only thing that's bothering me right now is there is potentially a dead pixel near the top edge. Not noticeable but still kind of bothers me now that I know it's there.
Aug 25, 2008
635 posts
459 upvotes
Amazon just refunded me the difference in price between the OP deal and the third party price I bought it for (yay!).

I'm far from an expert but I'll do my best on the initial impressions...

1. Wow, this thing is big. And I'm coming from a 27" monitor (MSI Optix g27c2)
2. I'm used to the curve from my previous monitor so no issues there. I do notice some fairly quick drop off in image quality if I'm not dead centre of this monitor. I may invest in a better stand as there's no height adjustment possible.
3. No dead pixels that I could see in white, black, red, green, blue tests. I did not look super closely - it passed a 60 second eye scan on each colour test. As long as I couldn't see anything obvious, I did not want to spend a lot of time really closely examining the screen in minute detail. Because if I did see something, I would never be able to unsee it and it would bug me.
4. It's maybe not the brightest monitor I've had. I'm in a light controlled room and it's absolutely fine but I might have some concerns in a brightly lit space or if there was any direct outside near it.
5. I'm using 144 mhz and on the Ultra Fast response time setting. Doing the UFO test you can still see some ghosting but it's miles better than my old MSI 144 mhz monitor. Pics below.
6. I don't know enough about how to tell if the monitor is properly colour calibrated. I'm hoping to find some recommended settings or suggestions here.
7. There is definitely some noticeable flashlighting happening on a black screen test. Again, not as bad as my MSI but more than I was expecting. I wish I knew how to capture this on my cell phone so I could post.

Overall, I'm pleased with it given the price point ($350 all in). Gaming has been great. 1440 is new for me and pretty sweet. I do need a new video card (currently on a 1060) to properly crank all the eye candy all the way up at this resolution. Waiting on Big Navi to drop before deciding on a 3080 or a 6900.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions and I'll do my best to respond. I'm looking forward to someone who really knows their stuff getting a hold of one of these and putting it through its paces and providing expert feedback for us.

---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
TCL 65R617 $625
Nov 24, 2014
87 posts
61 upvotes
Thanks for sharing your tests. Does the motion test give you a summary running at 60hz in case I want to use this monitor with next gen consoles?
Aug 25, 2008
635 posts
459 upvotes
Dyklone wrote: Thanks for sharing your tests. Does the motion test give you a summary running at 60hz in case I want to use this monitor with next gen consoles?
Glad they were helpful. Here's 60hz with the same settings that I used at 144hz:

---------------------
Koodo $39 / 10 gb
TCL 65R617 $625
Feb 3, 2009
286 posts
64 upvotes
Jonquiere
Mine still not shipped. Ordered early August a 308$.

Amazon agreed to apply 10% discount once item ship.

Happy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Pwererfd