Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] ViewSonic VX3268-2KPC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor with FreeSync VA $399.99 (UPDATED) PRE-ORDER

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 4:56 pm
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3918 posts
902 upvotes
Markham
mobad wrote: I was just able to get them to price match that monitor as well!
I wasn't sure I wanted 32" anyways. Just looking for a fast 1440p, 144hz, 4ms or less response monitor of 27" or more. It'll be here tomorrow and this should do the job.

This was my 4th attempt contacting customer service and I finally got something out of it. Got no discounts or anything the first 3 times. Did a "call me" instead of chat this time. Good luck to everyone else.

I was ready to call it quits, but thank you to everyone who posted about price matching another monitor.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1438 posts
236 upvotes
Peterborough
so pissed was going to order the LG Game Gear Ultra that was a few dollars more after I took my daughter to school on prime day get home and they where sold out and 3rd people sellers where $200 more
Nov 13, 2017
99 posts
102 upvotes
Ontario
Jonavin wrote: On a call with Amazon again, and I can get this one price matched to my original order. Smaller 27" and not curve but IPS 1440p 144hz.

https://www.amazon.ca/ViewSonic-VX2758- ... NrPXRydWU=
I've been using this exact model for almost a year now, it's pretty great (other than one issue). It regularly goes on sale for around $400. It's also IPS which generally has better colour reproduction compared to VA like this 32" one. Mine developed a stuck white pixel within the first few weeks - you can't really notice it unless you're watching something dark on screen, but amazon refunded me 1/3 the cost of the monitor for that so I was more than fine with it.
Aug 11, 2012
209 posts
187 upvotes
Halifax
They cancelled my order! But that's okay, because they did it with my permission. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

After my first failed attempt in early October, I decided to ask again after chatting regarding another order last Monday morning. The agent transferred chat to another agent, who took about 10-15 minutes to come up with a solution: buy from third-party seller and we will cancel pre-order and give $200 for future sold & shipped by Amazon purchase. I said the price difference is still more (at the time anyway) and that I prefer to deal with Amazon sold & shipped prime items for the convenience and peace of mind.

Ended up getting the 35" Ultrawide BenQ EX3501R ($699 at the time) with a mix of upfront credits and promised refunds after delivery. It's 100Hz, but I am not gaming anyway and preferred an ultrawide to replace dual-monitors. I have done quite a lot of shopping on Amazon (around $3000) in between the two attempts, so maybe that pushed up my account's "score" and value to them.

I am thankful to the discussions and information provided in this thread!
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3918 posts
902 upvotes
Markham
DonJoe wrote: I've been using this exact model for almost a year now, it's pretty great (other than one issue). It regularly goes on sale for around $400. It's also IPS which generally has better colour reproduction compared to VA like this 32" one. Mine developed a stuck white pixel within the first few weeks - you can't really notice it unless you're watching something dark on screen, but amazon refunded me 1/3 the cost of the monitor for that so I was more than fine with it.
Just received this today. Going from IPS 1440p 60hz to IPS 1440p 144hz was immediately noticeable, even in Windows. So far so good. One minor thing that I didn't like is that the stand is not using the VESA mount. So to mount it on my VESA arms I had to borrow screws from the monitor I am replacing.

EDIT: played a few games and I am very happy with this upgrade.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5348 posts
1996 upvotes
Debtario
Still no luck with CS. Got this very informative reply after asking if I could get the 27 1440p.

"Athulya:Thanks for waiting.
Upon checking I see that the item is currently unavailable in stock. Once in stock we'll notify you and the item will be shipped soon when available in stock.
We'll try our best to bring the item back in stock as soon as possible"
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1712 posts
528 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
insinaty wrote: They cancelled my order! But that's okay, because they did it with my permission. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

After my first failed attempt in early October, I decided to ask again after chatting regarding another order last Monday morning. The agent transferred chat to another agent, who took about 10-15 minutes to come up with a solution: buy from third-party seller and we will cancel pre-order and give $200 for future sold & shipped by Amazon purchase. I said the price difference is still more (at the time anyway) and that I prefer to deal with Amazon sold & shipped prime items for the convenience and peace of mind.
Do they give you this credit if you don't buy from the 3rd party? That's $200 credit for future purchase! I would take that.

How much did you pay for EX3501R after all credits/refunds?
Aug 11, 2012
209 posts
187 upvotes
Halifax
MrBigNose wrote: Do they give you this credit if you don't buy from the 3rd party? That's $200 credit for future purchase! I would take that.

How much did you pay for EX3501R after all credits/refunds?
I am not sure, but probably, since the $200 wouldn't apply to the 3rd party seller purchase, anyway. It was an interesting offer to be honest. Almost like we will pay you to cancel the order. Face With Tears Of Joy

My net on the BenQ was the same as the ViewSonic plus the EHF and its taxes. My ViewSonic order didn't have EHF on it (maybe because it was a pre-order?), but I didn't want to push further.
Oct 20, 2019
20 posts
3 upvotes
To those with the monitor now, can you do 120 hz or over on an HDMI cable? I ask because some monitors can do 120 frames via DisplayPort but HDMI is limited to 100 hz max
Feb 2, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
Mikenike wrote: Called in and asked them to call me back if it hadn't shipped in a week, and they called me back and gave me 50$ credit and exchanged for this monitor: https://www.amazon.ca/AOC-CQ32G1-Framel ... 1?dchild=1

So spent 50 less total for a pretty decent monitor!
Tried the same strategy with the same monitor and nothing! Not even an attempt at any resolution!
Jan 30, 2018
28 posts
39 upvotes
Orkamungus wrote: Tried the same strategy with the same monitor and nothing! Not even an attempt at any resolution!
I should mention this was after my 3rd attempt.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2459 posts
474 upvotes
Mikenike wrote: Called in and asked them to call me back if it hadn't shipped in a week, and they called me back and gave me 50$ credit and exchanged for this monitor: https://www.amazon.ca/AOC-CQ32G1-Framel ... 1?dchild=1

So spent 50 less total for a pretty decent monitor!
How would this monitor compare to the Viewsonic? Wondering if it's worth it to try and jump ship?