Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Vileda 161601 Dish Scrunge with Refill - $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2022 11:38 am
15 replies
Jul 25, 2008
315 posts
107 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Per Keepa ATL is $3.19. S&S and save 20 cents.

Doesn't seem like an amazing deal, this is regular $3.99 at Rona
Jul 30, 2010
462 posts
191 upvotes
Woodbridge
I dont understand that advantage of these vs holding the sponger in your hand
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1235 posts
375 upvotes
mark_98 wrote: I dont understand that advantage of these vs holding the sponger in your hand
I can see some use case for pots and pans, and possibly if you have sensitive skin or something as I don't use gloves. But I hate to have another tool hanging around my sink area lol.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2435 posts
12583 upvotes
Just buy a good pair of chemical gloves from canadian tire and use sponges thank me later.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
3982 posts
1359 upvotes
YWG
How much do the ones at dollar stores cost?
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
May 12, 2009
812 posts
376 upvotes
Dollar store ones are about $2.25 but it's so flimsy. I keep this thing in the shower to clean the glass doors/walls. A spray of vinegar, some Dawn in the wand, and a bit of scrubbing keeping the hard water scales down.
Nov 23, 2006
542 posts
326 upvotes
Ontario
pimom wrote: Dollar store ones are about $2.25 but it's so flimsy. I keep this thing in the shower to clean the glass doors/walls. A spray of vinegar, some Dawn in the wand, and a bit of scrubbing keeping the hard water scales down.
Now that is an idea and something I may get behind. thanks for that!
Mar 21, 2013
454 posts
378 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
mark_98 wrote: I dont understand that advantage of these vs holding the sponger in your hand
I use them to reach the bottom of glasses I can't fit my fat mitts in to.
Jun 3, 2022
12 posts
9 upvotes
Isn’t this bad because you can’t wring the sponge which means it will remain wet for longer therefore increasing bacteria growth compared to conventional sponges?
Dec 12, 2005
703 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
RecessionSoon wrote: Isn’t this bad because you can’t wring the sponge which means it will remain wet for longer therefore increasing bacteria growth compared to conventional sponges?
These sponges are refillable, which means you can detach and wring out.

However, $3.99 is the regular price everywhere (CT, Rona, Lowes, Staple, etc) so this is not a hot deal at all
Dec 8, 2017
534 posts
1494 upvotes
QC
36469 wrote: These sponges are refillable, which means you can detach and wring out.

However, $3.99 is the regular price everywhere (CT, Rona, Lowes, Staple, etc) so this is not a hot deal at all
Can't wring out as there's a square plastic piece on the back. Best you can do is squeeze the water out by pressing it a couple times on the side of the sink. Bought one recently from CT and I'm barely using it.

I used to buy packs of soft scrubbers, same style as the green ones but in a softer material that won't scratch my utensils, but these have been really hard to find now.
Dec 12, 2005
703 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
MonsieurDealz wrote: Can't wring out as there's a square plastic piece on the back. Best you can do is squeeze the water out by pressing it a couple times on the side of the sink. Bought one recently from CT and I'm barely using it.

I used to buy packs of soft scrubbers, same style as the green ones but in a softer material that won't scratch my utensils, but these have been really hard to find now.
Oh that’s what I mean! Still better than the Dollarama ones that are unfortunately single-use and can’t fully dry because they’re not detachable
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1019 posts
3351 upvotes
According to Keepa it has been this price since at least October. This is the "Hot deals" section not the "I expected to pay more for a sponge but here it is" section.