Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

VIOFO A119 V3 Dash Cam $108.79

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2023 11:46 am
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
17315 posts
15146 upvotes
GTA, ON
EPcjay wrote: Left the bootloader update on the SD card without deleting it as instructed. at some point, it tried to update during a power cycle of my car, and boom. Black screen all around.
Bootloader?
Is that the same as firmware update file? FW update file is normally automatically deleted once installed.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1477 posts
1784 upvotes
GTA
kool1 wrote: Wish there was an easy way to install these with no wires showing
Tuck it under the sunblock panel, under the A frame panel, under or down the door hinge area, loop it up under the front storage with some cable ties and into the usb port.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2357 posts
2906 upvotes
if u want absolutely nothing showing, u would need a professional, and it would cost money. but i did it myself with very minimal showing. the windshield area and beside the glove compartment, both can be tucked in, the side of 2 seats for the rear camera wire can also be tucked in. whats left showing is between windshield down to glove compartment, and from rear seat to the actual rear camera
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1477 posts
1784 upvotes
GTA
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: if u want absolutely nothing showing, u would need a professional, and it would cost money. but i did it myself with very minimal showing. the windshield area and beside the glove compartment, both can be tucked in, the side of 2 seats for the rear camera wire can also be tucked in. whats left showing is between windshield down to glove compartment, and from rear seat to the actual rear camera
I still have some wire showing from the glove compartment to the usb port in the centre console. How'd you get around that? Did you use tape? If so, what kind? Tried electrical tape which didn't work very well.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2357 posts
2906 upvotes
QuicKi7 wrote: I still have some wire showing from the glove compartment to the usb port in the centre console. How'd you get around that? Did you use tape? If so, what kind? Tried electrical tape which didn't work very well.
ya dont use electrical tape, learned first hand, heat will melt that shit and its gonna be nasty, had to use acetone to clean it off. from glove compartment, i tuck it under as much as possible, then run it down, and went under the mat, obv from the mat up to the usb port, it will show, but thats whatever.
Aug 9, 2010
113 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
mogmatt wrote: Does the A129 pro duo ever go on sale?
Sometimes it does, for around 195, but if you buy this item and add https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07CT5Q5JY, it actually comes down to 189 which is a better deal. That's what I just did.

EDIT: yes, my bad - Pro is 4K. I got confused with the A129 Plus Duo
Last edited by stfn74 on Sep 27th, 2022 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3466 posts
286 upvotes
Calgary
the mini says have overheat issues
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Jun 1, 2007
681 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: thats just regular duo, pro is 4k
It seems that the add-on is only compatible with the newer A129 models.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2357 posts
2906 upvotes
hv6478 wrote: It seems that the add-on is only compatible with the newer A129 models.
that i wouldnt know...i meant the one that goes on sale for 195 is probably the regular duo, 1080p, or maybe plus at 1440p, theres no way the pro, 4k, goes down to 195 CAD
Jun 1, 2007
681 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: that i wouldnt know...i meant the one that goes on sale for 195 is probably the regular duo, 1080p, or maybe plus at 1440p, theres no way the pro, 4k, goes down to 195 CAD
Yeah I'm holding out for the 1440p + 1080p duo to go on sale, Black Friday if not before then!
Dec 25, 2019
59 posts
44 upvotes
If you have a powered rear view mirror (for auto dimmer, garage door opener, etc.) there is a chance that you can wire to that. This obviously varies depending on car make/model/trim, but it is by far the cleanest solution, since there's no need to run a wire to the center console.

Behavior will also vary - some mirrors have constant power supplied. I had to do a bunch of research before I was sure it'd work. Some people make and sell adapters specifically for this purpose.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3466 posts
286 upvotes
Calgary
can the mini wifi version capture video over wireshark?
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Oct 27, 2011
44 posts
199 upvotes
toronto
QuicKi7 wrote: I still have some wire showing from the glove compartment to the usb port in the centre console. How'd you get around that? Did you use tape? If so, what kind? Tried electrical tape which didn't work very well.
Don't run to your existing usb ports but run to the car fuse box. Those are normally in the footwell of driver/passenger and you can usually get to them through the door trim pieces with no visible wires till the very bottom (which are usually less obtrusive).

You need a hardwire kit or a 12v to usb adapter for this though.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1477 posts
1784 upvotes
GTA
factor27 wrote: Don't run to your existing usb ports but run to the car fuse box. Those are normally in the footwell of driver/passenger and you can usually get to them through the door trim pieces with no visible wires till the very bottom (which are usually less obtrusive).

You need a hardwire kit or a 12v to usb adapter for this though.
Yeah, I have one. Just waiting until the winter tire change to install the hardwire kit and hide the OBD somewhere else.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2357 posts
2906 upvotes
DealLurkerAllDay wrote: What's the longevity of these in -20C weather?
had the a129 duo in my car for the past 2 winters, always parked outside too, i would assume the a119 would hold up just as well. if anything the adhesive for the front camera didnt hold up in the first summer, pretty much melted, luckily it came with an extra one, and that one has been holding up fine, so maybe i just got unlucky with the first one
Dec 24, 2011
132 posts
34 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Does lack of wifi not turn anyone off here? Each time there is video you want to see you have to eject the SD card and bring it to a laptop vs downloading it in the car on wifi?