Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

VIOFO A119 V3 Dash Cam $108.79

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2023 11:46 am
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1477 posts
1784 upvotes
GTA
iTomHD wrote: Does lack of wifi not turn anyone off here? Each time there is video you want to see you have to eject the SD card and bring it to a laptop vs downloading it in the car on wifi?
Even with wifi on the A129, it's not user friendly and complicated enough that I had to write down the instructions to access the video via my phone. I am tech savvy but I'm not going to remember a 7 step instruction

This is particularly a problem if a senior who isn't tech savvy drives the car
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
17290 posts
15099 upvotes
GTA, ON
iTomHD wrote: Does lack of wifi not turn anyone off here? Each time there is video you want to see you have to eject the SD card and bring it to a laptop vs downloading it in the car on wifi?
I've been doing that for years. Don't be lazy. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
May 29, 2017
492 posts
381 upvotes
Anyone have a glue that keeps the camera from falling off the windshield. That's my only issue is (while it's colder now) every morning or right after work, the camera is hanging because the glue doesn't hold it very well
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4241 posts
3940 upvotes
East GTA
Cnsr0033 wrote: Anyone have a glue that keeps the camera from falling off the windshield. That's my only issue is (while it's colder now) every morning or right after work, the camera is hanging because the glue doesn't hold it very well
Look for 3M VHB tape on Amazon. Won't leave a residue if you remove it but it's very strong. It's currently what I'm using when I had to switch to a different car.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2698 posts
2236 upvotes
YYZ
deal is dead
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4241 posts
3940 upvotes
East GTA
I have a quick USB-C microSD reader for my phone I keep in my car. Pop it out, connect to your phone as boom. Also faster than direct WiFi.
Sep 8, 2007
56 posts
41 upvotes
I got a USB C to OTG cable/adapter with a cheap USB microSD card reader and just leave them in your glove box. Now you can just plug it into your phone and download the video.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2355 posts
2905 upvotes
no, i havent really had to use the wifi feature of my a129 duo much, if i get into an accident, i wanna back that up on my computer anyway, so its easier to just get the sd card, put it in sd reader, plug it in usb port, copy and paste. its not much more hassle than stop recording, turn on wifi on cellphone, connect to it, download the clip onto my phone, then connect my phone to my pc, then copy and paste.

the only time i would use the wifi feature is when the other driver refuses to admit fault, then i wait for cops to come, and show him the clip on my phone. otherwise, i wouldnt use it at all, cuz i have to stop recording to view anything, so obv im not gonna do it while on the road.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
2355 posts
2905 upvotes
QuicKi7 wrote: Even with wifi on the A129, it's not user friendly and complicated enough that I had to write down the instructions to access the video via my phone. I am tech savvy but I'm not going to remember a 7 step instruction

This is particularly a problem if a senior who isn't tech savvy drives the car
i dont think its that complicated. 2 key stops, stop recording, and remember the password. the rest is common sense if ur remotely tech savvy. for elderly folks, this could be more difficult, but not extremely, im sure most can get used to it with some practice. do it a few times a week.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1170 posts
384 upvotes
calgary
dont use glue..use double sided rubber tape
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8760 posts
2392 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Did you try contacting VIOFO directly to see if they could help you with a possible solution to unbrick it?
chimaican wrote: Bootloader?
Is that the same as firmware update file? FW update file is normally automatically deleted once installed.
This is for the V2 model, so it's a few years old now. I was having some freezing issues, and forums said a firmware update would fix it. It did fix it, but then when it died and I pulled the SD card out, I saw I left the bootloader file on there.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2178 posts
669 upvotes
Waterloo
In reality, how often will you need to check the recordings?

I only checked mine a few times after buying it to review the quality of the video but since then I've just left it alone. I don't foresee checking the video unless something happens.

I also purchased a USB-C sd card reader and left it in the car and it will allow me to transfer the video directly to my phone in case I need it.
| Fractal Design Meshify C | LG 27GL850 (dual) | AMD Ryzen 7 5700x | Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 FE | 16GB G.SKill Trident Z RGB | ASUS ROG Strix B450-F II | XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe | Razer Huntsman Elite | Razer Basilisk Ultimate |
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
Cnsr0033 wrote: Anyone have a glue that keeps the camera from falling off the windshield. That's my only issue is (while it's colder now) every morning or right after work, the camera is hanging because the glue doesn't hold it very well
Hmmm haven't had that problem before with my existing dash cameras and one of them is a knockoff. Has stayed up for 4 years without ever falling off while parked outside in the winter/summer.

These come with 3M VHB equivalent double sided tape already applied on one of the camera end. Tear and apply the other end (mount only first) to the windshield while on a warm/hot day after cleaning the windshield area with isopropyl alcohol.

Or you can manually heat up the tape with a blow dryer before application. Then you keep moderate pressure on the mount to your windshield for 2-5 minutes so that the tape initially bonds. Then I personally wait 24-48 hours before putting the dash cam on the mount so that the tape can fully bond properly to the window before putting the dash cam onto the mount.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12138 posts
4972 upvotes
lasercannon wrote: If you have a powered rear view mirror (for auto dimmer, garage door opener, etc.) there is a chance that you can wire to that. This obviously varies depending on car make/model/trim, but it is by far the cleanest solution, since there's no need to run a wire to the center console.

Behavior will also vary - some mirrors have constant power supplied. I had to do a bunch of research before I was sure it'd work. Some people make and sell adapters specifically for this purpose.
I do have this, power garage door opener integrated - interesting idea.

Did you get it to work?
Dec 25, 2019
59 posts
44 upvotes
kool1 wrote: I do have this, power garage door opener integrated - interesting idea.

Did you get it to work?
Yes, I bought an adapter from Dongar Technologies and it works flawlessly. Note that these specific adapters aren't cheap - it cost me around $50-60 after shipping since this company's based in the US.

I figured it was worth it to keep my center console clutter free, but YMMV obviously. You're definitely paying for convenience here. I also went this route because getting a hardwire kit to my car's fuse box or battery was going to be difficult, and the cabin fuse box only had always-on connections. Getting a dashcam wired up is still annoying in some vehicles, unfortunately.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12138 posts
4972 upvotes
lasercannon wrote: Yes, I bought an adapter from Dongar Technologies and it works flawlessly. Note that these specific adapters aren't cheap - it cost me around $50-60 after shipping since this company's based in the US.

I figured it was worth it to keep my center console clutter free, but YMMV obviously. You're definitely paying for convenience here. I also went this route because getting a hardwire kit to my car's fuse box or battery was going to be difficult, and the cabin fuse box only had always-on connections. Getting a dashcam wired up is still annoying in some vehicles, unfortunately.
"We cannot build adapters for any GM brand vehicles due to emergency responder features built-into their mirrors".

Just saw this.... oh well.

Thanks anyway. Maybe I will get for my wife's Honda
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Considering A119 v3 came out May 2019 it should really be lower, talking about at least $99.99.

New A119 Mini that came out a few months ago is now selling around $180-200.
radeonboy wrote: Even better!
What are the real improvements on the Mini? Is it worth another $60? (Yeah yeah I'm watching a video on differences now but still like to hear ppl's comments!)
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
ES_Revenge wrote: What are the real improvements on the Mini? Is it worth another $60? (Yeah yeah I'm watching a video on differences now but still like to hear ppl's comments!)
I'm not going to pretend I know about it but I'm more wanting the 5.8GHz WiFi so I can playback and download right away. Voice commands are neat too. Supposedly image quality is better but slightly. It'll probably get better as the years pass with firmware updates.

More in detail here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/v ... -fi.46942/

I actually want a Vantrue E1 but am not prepared to pay its price.