Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

VIOFO A119 V3 Dash Cam $108.79

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2023 11:46 am
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: I'm not going to pretend I know about it but I'm more wanting the 5.8GHz WiFi so I can playback and download right away. Voice commands are neat too. Supposedly image quality is better but slightly. It'll probably get better as the years pass with firmware updates.

More in detail here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/v ... -fi.46942/

I actually want a Vantrue E1 but am not prepared to pay its price.
Hmm after watching the video (the Vortex guy on YT), seems there are overheating issues with the mini?

I think I will stick to the V3...once it comes back on sale anyway. Seems to happen frequently though I guess will have to get the CPL & hardwire kit separate since never seems to come as a sale bundle.

Also now I only have more questions--what is this Vantrue? What's so special about it? It doesn't seem crazy expensive or anything?

The A129 Plus (Duo) seems good since it can do 1440p/60 but it also seems like the A129 Pro goes on sale for not much more money (I've never really seen any great deals on the Plus). Maybe I'll just wait to see what happens come BF sales...
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6331 upvotes
RFD
ES_Revenge wrote: Hmm after watching the video (the Vortex guy on YT), seems there are overheating issues with the mini?

I think I will stick to the V3...once it comes back on sale anyway. Seems to happen frequently though I guess will have to get the CPL & hardwire kit separate since never seems to come as a sale bundle.

Also now I only have more questions--what is this Vantrue? What's so special about it? It doesn't seem crazy expensive or anything?

The A129 Plus (Duo) seems good since it can do 1440p/60 but it also seems like the A129 Pro goes on sale for not much more money (I've never really seen any great deals on the Plus). Maybe I'll just wait to see what happens come BF sales...
To be honest A119 V3 is still bang for the buck the best with high image quality. 99% of the time I will recommend it. I have a A119 V3 waiting to replace my old Aukey DR01 but haven't had the time to replace it. I may get the A119 MINI for the front and use the A119 V3 in the rear. Not sure yet.

Vantrue is overpriced because they market themselves as premium but it does have excellent image quality with a similar or better Sony IMX sensor as Viofo uses but on a much smaller physical package which packs Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS. There's other things too but it's probably not worth the price premium unless you have money to waste.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: To be honest A119 V3 is still bang for the buck the best with high image quality. 99% of the time I will recommend it. I have a A119 V3 waiting to replace my old Aukey DR01 but haven't had the time to replace it. I may get the A119 MINI for the front and use the A119 V3 in the rear. Not sure yet.

Vantrue is overpriced because they market themselves as premium but it does have excellent image quality with a similar or better Sony IMX sensor as Viofo uses but on a much smaller physical package which packs Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS. There's other things too but it's probably not worth the price premium unless you have money to waste.
Ah I see.

Okay just so I have this right... The A119 V3 does not have wifi (at all) but the Mini does? But the A129 Professional (and Plus) also has wifi, right? It seems (to me) like buying the A129 is actually better than the A119 Mini since you get wifi; you presumably don't get the overheating; you also get 60FPS recording; and you get the rear camera as well...for what seems like not that much more money. Plus I don't see how the tiny screen size on the Mini is any kind of "upgrade"? The overall smaller size I guess yeah but seems like the screen is super small.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6331 upvotes
RFD
ES_Revenge wrote: Ah I see.

Okay just so I have this right... The A119 V3 does not have wifi (at all) but the Mini does? But the A129 Professional (and Plus) also has wifi, right? It seems (to me) like buying the A129 is actually better than the A119 Mini since you get wifi; you presumably don't get the overheating; you also get 60FPS recording; and you get the rear camera as well...for what seems like not that much more money. Plus I don't see how the tiny screen size on the Mini is any kind of "upgrade"? The overall smaller size I guess yeah but seems like the screen is super small.
Viofo says this about the overheating in the forums...

We have refined the overheating issue both in hardware and software, so new batches shall be free of this issue, you can rest your mind and purchase.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/v ... sue.47703/

Mini has a 1440p 60fps option.

Mini does have smallish LCD but the WIFI+APP makes using the LCD kind of pointless. Rather use the app than bend under the rear view mirror where the dash cam is in order to change options.

But it all comes down to personal preference. There's no perfect dash cam.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Viofo says this about the overheating in the forums...

We have refined the overheating issue both in hardware and software, so new batches shall be free of this issue, you can rest your mind and purchase.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/v ... sue.47703/

Mini has a 1440p 60fps option.

Mini does have smallish LCD but the WIFI+APP makes using the LCD kind of pointless. Rather use the app than bend under the rear view mirror where the dash cam is in order to change options.
You sure about that? They don't seem to advertise it themselves? Unless they want ppl to buy A129s instead...
a119 mini.PNG
radeonboy wrote: But it all comes down to personal preference. There's no perfect dash cam.
Yeah I get that. I'm not in any kind of rush to get one. After the BBMC fiasco/scam a couple years back I still haven't gotten one.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6331 upvotes
RFD
ES_Revenge wrote: You sure about that? They don't seem to advertise it themselves? Unless they want ppl to buy A129s instead...

a119 mini.PNG

Yeah I get that. I'm not in any kind of rush to get one. After the BBMC fiasco/scam a couple years back I still haven't gotten one.
The A119 Mini does have the ability to do 60 fps at 2560*1440P resolution. Not sure why they don't advertise it there but they say it in their blog and I've seen the menu setting in the YouTube videos confirming it.

https://viofo.com/blog/a119-mini-is-the ... --b93.html

2560x1600P 30fps, 2560x1440P 60fps / 30fps,

2560x1080P 60fps / 30fps, 2304x1296P 30fps,

1920x1080P 60fps / 30fps

I'd prefer to get one through the manufacturer instead of BBMC for the reason you stated. Some have had bad experiences with BBMC and their poor support/practices.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1695 posts
129 upvotes
York Region
Do you guys have any issues with this cam from the poster?

I bought 2 cams

One is malfunctioning 3 weeks later. Beeping, stops recording all of a sudden.
Im using Samsung evo card - checked the recordings a s they are fine. But why stop recording?

After issue with stopping to record i used my old Transcend memory card and iy seems to be recording. Then... It stops!
I formatted card and all defaults and still issues.

Is this the problem with Camera itself???.? Im ready to send it back!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1695 posts
129 upvotes
York Region
What memory cards are you guys using? I contacted the seller and they said to use SanDisk extreme 128gb or Samsung pro endurance or lf course their own cards.
Im currently using Samsung evo and tried with Transcend too. Recording stops randomly as per my previous post.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1695 posts
129 upvotes
York Region
Darkblade48 wrote: Depends on your driving habits, and whether you're planning to use parking mode.

The high endurance is rated for 20,000 hours while the max endurance is rated for 120,000 hours
Have you had any issues with the cam?
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
17286 posts
15086 upvotes
GTA, ON
edkate wrote: Do you guys have any issues with this cam from the poster?

I bought 2 cams

One is malfunctioning 3 weeks later. Beeping, stops recording all of a sudden.
Im using Samsung evo card - checked the recordings a s they are fine. But why stop recording?

After issue with stopping to record i used my old Transcend memory card and iy seems to be recording. Then... It stops!
I formatted card and all defaults and still issues.

Is this the problem with Camera itself???.? Im ready to send it back!
I vaguely remember something like this happening with my older A119S v1 early on. It could be a glitchy firmware for whatever reason.

Try reformatting the SD card on your computer using standard FAT32, then upload the firmware from Viofo website to the card. Follow provided instructions and reinstall firmware onto the dash cam.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jan 21, 2007
598 posts
538 upvotes
edkate wrote: Have you had any issues with the cam?
I use a Blackvue, not a Viofo. I was only commenting on the microSD card
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1695 posts
129 upvotes
York Region
chimaican wrote: I vaguely remember something like this happening with my older A119S v1 early on. It could be a glitchy firmware for whatever reason.

Try reformatting the SD card on your computer using standard FAT32, then upload the firmware from Viofo website to the card. Follow provided instructions and reinstall firmware onto the dash cam.
I already formatted the card on my laptop, and firmware is latest version (came installed like that)
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
17286 posts
15086 upvotes
GTA, ON
edkate wrote: I already formatted the card on my laptop, and firmware is latest version (came installed like that)
Yes, but as I recall, there are rare occasions where it doesn't install properly. Try reinstalling and see what happens. Copy *bin to empty card and insert into dash cam.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1695 posts
129 upvotes
York Region
chimaican wrote: Yes, but as I recall, there are rare occasions where it doesn't install properly. Try reinstalling and see what happens. Copy *bin to empty card and insert into dash cam.
Thank you! I will try that route :)