Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

VIOFO A119 V3 Dash Cam 2K, GPS $108.79ATL?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2022 3:42 pm
89 replies
Aug 26, 2010
33 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Also been using this dashcam for a while. Works very well. Have it hard wired in a rav4.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1616 posts
453 upvotes
GTA
Purchased this last month for the same price. Good deal.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $50/15GB plan + $0/4gb add on - Medium Tab / Tab Plus
Freedom Mobile $19/1.5GB plan
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1047 posts
1055 upvotes
Lamella wrote: Also been using this dashcam for a while. Works very well. Have it hard wired in a rav4.
Hard wired as in connected to battery for recording when parked? What hard wired kit did you buy?
Oct 15, 2009
731 posts
539 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe a dumb question but - if I buy two of these (front and back) and hard wire them, how big of a load is this on the battery? Say I didn't drive my car for two weeks in the winter, would there be any reason to worry that the battery would die? My battery literally died on Saturday while I was out and I just had it replaced so it's more on my mind now.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11691 posts
2560 upvotes
Do you leave the camera mounted in the RAV4 all the time? thanks
Lamella wrote: Also been using this dashcam for a while. Works very well. Have it hard wired in a rav4.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
May 2, 2019
639 posts
1437 upvotes
Any recommended micro sd card on sale to go with this?
Jun 23, 2017
347 posts
179 upvotes
I have this cam along with the A129 Duo. The latter has wifi. I would highly recommend one with wifi as it’s a pain moving your stored videos by ejecting the sd card and using a pc - that’s the last thing you’d wanna be doing after a crash
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3035 posts
2418 upvotes
haroldliang wrote: Any recommended micro sd card on sale to go with this?
I dont know about on sale but I've read good things about the sandisk high endurance cards since they're designed to be overwritten constantly.
Feb 3, 2019
393 posts
453 upvotes
wallet aint safe when visiting this site...

ty OP
Oct 20, 2008
85 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: Do you leave the camera mounted in the RAV4 all the time? thanks
I leave my V3 in my car all the time. It's mounted as close to the top of the windscreen as i can get it, just to the right of where the rear mirror is, and the lens just peeks out below, and it's pretty well hidden. Sure if you look hard enough you'd see it.

I've also got it hardwired, but I'm not using parking mode, so when the car is off then I'm fairly sure it's not pulling any significant current from the battery. It's sat in the garage for at least three or more weeks and battery has been good.
Mar 4, 2014
282 posts
479 upvotes
curlyface wrote: Maybe a dumb question but - if I buy two of these (front and back) and hard wire them, how big of a load is this on the battery? Say I didn't drive my car for two weeks in the winter, would there be any reason to worry that the battery would die? My battery literally died on Saturday while I was out and I just had it replaced so it's more on my mind now.
The hardwire kit has a built-in shutoff you can set. I think mine is set for 12.0/24.0V. For me the camera will work in parking mode on battery for about 3 days before it hits the cut-off and shuts off the cam.

Also looks to be on sale right now for $20. It's been $30 for quite a while.

VIOFO HK3 ACC Hardwire Kit for A129, A129 Plus, A129 PRO, A129 IR, A119V3, Enables Parking Mode, Low Voltage Protection https://a.co/d/5oETjav
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2451 posts
1622 upvotes
GTA
Any good/reliable fuse taps kits anyone can recommend? I also have the HK3 hard wire but i feel like the fuse taps would work better for me than actually wiring. I have no electrical knowledge.
Last edited by Akizuki on Aug 8th, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 26, 2010
33 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
82 wrote: Do you leave the camera mounted in the RAV4 all the time? thanks

Yes all the time. I have it set to record continuously in low-res mode when the car is turned off.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16764 posts
6352 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Xander_604 wrote: I bought a filter and HK3 off of AliExpress for 25 US during the last deal, got them in record time... Like 10 days.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mroLx7a
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPDhncU
You can request the hardwire kit to come with the fuse instead by messaging the seller.
Aug 26, 2010
33 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Akizuki wrote: Any good/reliable fuse taps kits anyone can recommend? I also have the HK3 hard wire but i feel like the fuse taps would work better for me than actually wiring. I have no electrical knowledge.
I bought this one and it's probably not the highest quality but it has been working fine. Just make sure the fuse type is compatible with your car:

KOLACEN Automotive Car Truck Low-Profile Mini Blade Type Fuse Assorted Kit 81 Pieces + 3 Pieces 16 Gauge Add-a-Circuit Low Profile Mini Fuse TAP Adapter https://a.co/d/21PY0Ml
Aug 26, 2010
33 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Akizuki wrote: Any good/reliable fuse taps kits anyone can recommend? I also have the HK3 hard wire but i feel like the fuse taps would work better for me than actually wiring. I have no electrical knowledge.
I bought this one and it's probably not the highest quality but it has been working fine. Just make sure the fuse type is compatible with your car:

KOLACEN Automotive Car Truck Low-Profile Mini Blade Type Fuse Assorted Kit 81 Pieces + 3 Pieces 16 Gauge Add-a-Circuit Low Profile Mini Fuse TAP Adapter https://a.co/d/21PY0Ml

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)