Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] VIOFO A129 dual cam front and rear lightening deal 180$

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 3:50 pm
Dec 21, 2017
117 posts
148 upvotes
KamS046 wrote: Personally I wouldn't get that one. I'd get one with a fuse tap included. Make sure you get the right one (mini or micro usb), but here's one that's similar to what I have:
https://www.amazon.ca/SV-PC01-Hardwire- ... pons&psc=1

So you're basically pulling power from the fuse box under steerwheel area. You're not cutting wires or anything and don't need to solder.
You don't need need to cut wires withe Viofo one, you buy the right fuse taps and attache them. It also has both ACC and battery wires. When the car is on its runs off ACC power. When car is switched off the camera goes into a lower power consumption parking mode and runs off the battery wire until the preset voltage cutoff of the module. In the generic one, it only has one power wire. If you use that one, the camera thinks the car is running all the time and operates at full record mode (not parking mode) until the car battery drains to the preset voltage. You don't take advantage of the parking mode and you drain your battery more. If you can wire the Viofo one to an ACC fuse and an always on fuse with fuse taps, it is much better than the generic one.
Apr 13, 2017
449 posts
232 upvotes
virtus wrote: You don't need need to cut wires withe Viofo one, you buy the right fuse taps and attache them. It also has both ACC and battery wires. When the car is on its runs off ACC power. When car is switched off the camera goes into a lower power consumption parking mode and runs off the battery wire until the preset voltage cutoff of the module. In the generic one, it only has one power wire. If you use that one, the camera thinks the car is running all the time and operates at full record mode (not parking mode) until the car battery drains to the preset voltage. You don't take advantage of the parking mode and you drain your battery more. If you can wire the Viofo one to an ACC fuse and an always on fuse with fuse taps, it is much better than the generic one.
Ah I didn't know about the low power consumption mode. I saw the lack of fuse tap and figured it'd be easier for OP to have a kit that included it.

Right now I have my camera wired to the cigarette lighter fuse which is only on when the car is on so it won't drain battery - but - it also won't be on when the car is off. Is it parking mode doable with my model camera (aukey DR-02)?
Dec 21, 2017
117 posts
148 upvotes
KamS046 wrote: Ah I didn't know about the low power consumption mode. I saw the lack of fuse tap and figured it'd be easier for OP to have a kit that included it.

Right now I have my camera wired to the cigarette lighter fuse which is only on when the car is on so it won't drain battery - but - it also won't be on when the car is off. Is it parking mode doable with my model camera (aukey DR-02)?
Don't know if Aukey has parking mode, you would have to check the specs. Premium cams like Blackvue and Thinkware have very good parking modes. If you directly wire to a lighter circuit which is an ACC circuit you can use something like this Your text to link here...

I actually don't like the one you posted as it does not have selectable voltage cutoff and at 12V you have about 20% of your battery left. If you use it the way it was designed, and you drive short distances, your battery would be low and you risk batter failure. I bought this cam (missed the main deal but bought from OCD tronic) and the Viofo hardwire kit. I installed a Blackvue DR 750s 2ch with a powermagic pro in my other vehicle. It is a premium cam but almost 3 times the cost of the Viofo. I hoping the Viofo is 90% the camera at a third of the price