Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Viofo A129 Pro Duo $296.23 with CPL Filter and Coupon Code (about $50 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2020 12:25 am
Jun 6, 2005
735 posts
186 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Viofo A129 Pro Duo $296.23 with CPL Filter and Coupon Code (about $50 off)

A129 Pro Duo - add the coupon code and the CPL filter to save 15%. $296.23 before tax, almost $50 off. Coupon code is 154UCOV19 and make sure you select OCD Tronic Canada as the seller.

Lightning deal ended (saved another $50 on top), but was likely a price mistake as I'm sure they didn't mean for people to double dip! At any rate, coupon code still valid for now to save $50.
Last edited by bigred123 on Jun 15th, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Jun 6, 2005
735 posts
186 upvotes
100% claimed now. Maybe if someone cancels you can still get it on the waitlist. That was fast - RFD in full effect!!!

Congrats to those who were able to order it!
Jun 6, 2005
735 posts
186 upvotes
Edited post. Lightning deal ended, but still a good buy at about $50 off.
May 3, 2017
215 posts
108 upvotes
lightning deal at 90% right now
Jan 24, 2015
562 posts
450 upvotes
GTA
interesting
Last edited by redflags10 on Apr 30th, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
Darn, missed it.

I am eyeing the A129 Duo instead of A129 Pro ... 1 it's cheaper (though the lighting deal made it close) but 2. with 4k recording you need a bigger storage card too, so I think A129 Duo would suffice for me.

Hopefully the A129 (Non Pro) duo goes on sale soon.
Jul 27, 2015
153 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can someone recommend a hard wiring kit?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2007
1340 posts
1431 upvotes
Land of Oil & Ga…
redflags10 wrote: what's the difference between Pro and non-Pro?
A129 Pro Duo = 4k front camera, 1080p rear camera.
A129 Duo = 1080p front & rear camera.

I have the A129 Duo in my car, and there's a great website that where someone has created modified firmware that allows it to record at the highest bitrate of 30 Mb/s+. https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmwar ... -file.html
With the stock firmware, you're recording at around 8 MB/s both front & back.
With the modified firmware, the image quality has increased so significantly that I'm holding off from upgrading to a 4k cam.
Last edited by dingmah on Jun 15th, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 14, 2008
632 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Was the cpl filter only included as part of the lightning deal? When entering the coupon code I don't see it being added to the cart.

Thanks
May 3, 2017
215 posts
108 upvotes
moommen wrote: Was the cpl filter only included as part of the lightning deal? When entering the coupon code I don't see it being added to the cart.

Thanks
i didnt see any discount on the cpl filter when i bought the set. i had to add the cpl filter seperately
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Wait so it was $250 before tax in the Lightning Deal? :eek:
Seems like you can get:
A129 Pro Duo
+
CPL Filter

Off the official website (presumably shipping from China or whatever) for $215 USD which is about the same price here, not including taxes. Adding the hardwire kit is another $15 USD. However I wonder what's the chance of getting hit with taxes getting it from China? I think OP said on the other thread he didn't get hit but he bought the cheaper A119 V3.

I guess it's better to just buy it from OCDtronic and pay the $40ish in taxes? But if it was $50 less in the Lightning deal that would have been great cause it would've covered the tax right there. Sucks I missed it but if that were the price might wait until another sale to get it for that price...
Mar 14, 2008
632 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Wait so it was $250 before tax in the Lightning Deal? :eek:
Seems like you can get:
A129 Pro Duo
+
CPL Filter

Off the official website (presumably shipping from China or whatever) for $215 USD which is about the same price here, not including taxes. Adding the hardwire kit is another $15 USD. However I wonder what's the chance of getting hit with taxes getting it from China? I think OP said on the other thread he didn't get hit but he bought the cheaper A119 V3.

I guess it's better to just buy it from OCDtronic and pay the $40ish in taxes? But if it was $50 less in the Lightning deal that would have been great cause it would've covered the tax right there. Sucks I missed it but if that were the price might wait until another sale to get it for that price...
Blackboxmycar.ca has a limited quantity of the A129 Pro Duo for $259.99. If you're a first responder they will provide you with an additional 10% coupon code which applies to all items in your cart.

All in I paid 299 for the dash cam, cpl and hardwire kit
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
moommen wrote: Blackboxmycar.ca has a limited quantity of the A129 Pro Duo for $259.99. If you're a first responder they will provide you with an additional 10% coupon code which applies to all items in your cart.

All in I paid 299 for the dash cam, cpl and hardwire kit
Oh wow awesome, thanks for this. Not a first responder, but not a big deal--comes out to $333 which is better than everywhere else I think. Now just to consider whether it's really that useful, before pulling the trigger...and before stock runs out lol.

But I just thought of something else. My backlight is tinted down to 5%...I'm guessing having the rear cam would therefore be pretty useless at night, eh? Maybe I should just go for the A119 V3? Or what about the A129 Pro single...that seems like a good bet right?
Mar 14, 2008
632 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Oh wow awesome, thanks for this. Not a first responder, but not a big deal--comes out to $333 which is better than everywhere else I think. Now just to consider whether it's really that useful, before pulling the trigger...and before stock runs out lol.

But I just thought of something else. My backlight is tinted down to 5%...I'm guessing having the rear cam would therefore be pretty useless at night, eh? Maybe I should just go for the A119 V3? Or what about the A129 Pro single...that seems like a good bet right?
There are 5% off codes floating around as well. "BUYIT5" was working a few weeks ago.

Personally, as long as it's in the budget, I would go with the two channel set up. I feel it provides a bit more peace of mind if something was to happen. The tint may affect night time video, but you should still be good during the day.

If you're on the fence about getting a dash cam, I would 100% recommend getting one. Speaking from recent experience - people can be pretty dishonest when faced with an at fault accident. Luckily, everything worked out but it was a pretty stressful few days. As soon as the car is back from the shop, the viofo is going in.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
moommen wrote: There are 5% off codes floating around as well. "BUYIT5" was working a few weeks ago.
Awesome, thank you, saved me another $15ish :)
moommen wrote: Personally, as long as it's in the budget, I would go with the two channel set up. I feel it provides a bit more peace of mind if something was to happen. The tint may affect night time video, but you should still be good during the day.
If you're on the fence about getting a dash cam, I would 100% recommend getting one.
Done and done! Blackboxmycar should hire you for their sales team lol. Thanks again for the advice and the code :)
moommen wrote: Speaking from recent experience - people can be pretty dishonest when faced with an at fault accident. Luckily, everything worked out but it was a pretty stressful few days. As soon as the car is back from the shop, the viofo is going in.
Yeah I know what you mean. I got rear-ended last year and while the guy didn't try to say anything dumb like I cut him off (got rear ended at a light but still you never know what ppl are going to say), but what he did do was just leave the scene. Good thing I got a pic of his LP and police brought him back...when they arrived anyway. Could have easily gone differently though either with the guy fleeing right away, or with him trying to make up stories.

I'm still not sure that I really "need" it but it still seems like a good idea to some degree. Plus any spending I haven't been doing on my usual US shopping trips (which I can't do anymore) is basically money I have to burn or so I tell myself lol. The rear cam was only $40 more in the pkg so I just said,"ehh what the heck" and got it. As you say it'll still work okay in the daytime, even if it doesn't work that well at night. I read you should be able to boost the EV to help out; not sure if this is an option on the Viofo, but if it is I'll be sure to do that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)