Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Vissen Adjustable Cell Phone Stand - $0.01 - Third Party Seller

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2020 12:04 am
Temp. Banned
Aug 13, 2019
64 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Parrajara wrote: I received the same email from the seller, and I too received confirmation of shipment. I placed two orders for 30 each, for a total of 60. Both orders are shipped. We will see if I actually get them.

Wish I tried my luck with 999 lol.
i actually ordered 100 at first then 999 on the second one lmao. but i feel so bad idk if i should cancel it or not, since i received an email regarding their financial loss and whatnot
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
scarbuyer02 wrote: i actually ordered 100 at first then 999 on the second one lmao. but i feel so bad idk if i should cancel it or not, since i received an email regarding their financial loss and whatnot
So a seller can't cancel the order? I figured that's what he would do if he really didn't want to fulfill the order. If the seller is legitimately obliged to fulfill it... OUCH!

I can't tell you to do what I personally wouldn't do.... :rolleyes:
Temp. Banned
Aug 13, 2019
64 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Parrajara wrote: So a seller can't cancel the order? I figured that's what he would do if he really didn't want to fulfill the order. If the seller is legitimately obliged to fulfill it... OUCH!

im so confused too. here's the message of the seller btw:

"Hello there, We are very sorry, due to system settings error, we have automatically synchronized and sold the products sold in the United States, and sold them at a price of 0.01 without transportation costs.Since there are too many items sold, as many as 14,603, we do not have that much inventory, and we cannot afford such a large loss.And this year, affected by the epidemic, the stores have been in a state of loss. We hope you can understand and cancel the order. Thank you! Sorry for the bad shopping experience."
Jul 3, 2020
376 posts
729 upvotes
British Columbia
Parrajara wrote: So a seller can't cancel the order? I figured that's what he would do if he really didn't want to fulfill the order. If the seller is legitimately obliged to fulfill it... OUCH!

The seller can cancel orders, but it negatively impacts their overall performance metrics as a seller. I don't know exactly how it factors in, but cancelling hundreds of orders for thousands of products can't be good for their stats.

If the buyer cancels they don't experience this hit, so this is probably their attempt at avoiding that. If it doesn't work, they will probably cancel excessively large orders themselves and just deal with the loss from smaller orders.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1156 posts
1379 upvotes
Canucks640 wrote: The seller can cancel orders, but it negatively impacts their overall performance metrics as a seller. I don't know exactly how it factors in, but cancelling hundreds of orders for thousands of products can't be good for their stats.

If the buyer cancels they don't experience this hit, so this is probably their attempt at avoiding that. If it doesn't work, they will probably cancel excessively large orders themselves and just deal with the loss from smaller orders.
Interesting... I'm not sure how FBA works, but in the hypothetical case that this was the sellers first time using it; would it be possible to close this seller account and open a new, completely unrelated account to start over?
Jul 3, 2020
376 posts
729 upvotes
British Columbia
Parrajara wrote: Interesting... I'm not sure how FBA works, but in the hypothetical case that this was the sellers first time using it; would it be possible to close this seller account and open a new, completely unrelated account to start over?
My understanding of how Amazon works from the seller end is quite limited, so I can't say for sure. I would personally do that too if I was in the position of the seller, but there are likely some nuances that we aren't aware of stopping that from happening.
Jun 12, 2010
807 posts
1183 upvotes
Looks like they are "out of stock" and I won't be getting my order.
May 13, 2012
268 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone ever receive this? My order was never cancelled and shipping was scheduled for delivery late November.
I'm not expecting it to arrive but was just curious.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)