• Dec 12th, 2018 9:38 am
[OP]
Banned
Jun 6, 2016
361 posts
253 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT

[Amazon.ca] Vitamix Explorian Refurbished $264.99

Amazon deal of the day. $399 new ($499 - $100, Vitamix website), $379.99 refurb (Vitamix website), so $264.99 seems like a deal.
Only downside is this model only comes with a 3 year warranty... The "classic" refurb comes with a 5 year.
Thoughts? Hot? Sub $300 seems decent for any Vitamix.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
hot this I haven't seen so cheap for this model. I have the same one its great.
Apr 30, 2018
136 posts
466 upvotes
Very hot, it's the E20 model, not the E10. The same deal happened on Black Friday but was for the black one. Refurbished models are often ones that are put out for display, opened and returned, used maybe a few times, etc. In any case, Vitamix blenders have to go through a very rigorous 17-point inspection before being authorized to be resold as certified refurbished. I.e. if the blender makes a weird noise, there's a big scratch, the pieces are chipped, etc. it automatically fails the inspection. If you're on a budget and trying to be frugal, this is really a no-brainer. Now you just have to decide if the extra 2 year is worth the extra $135.
Dec 3, 2005
851 posts
992 upvotes
S
nice deal. costco had the new E320 for $350 during black friday
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
12884 posts
3839 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I’m tempted.

But it doesn’t say the blender is certified refurbished by Vitamix.

I’m guessing it isn’t because the warranty is only 90 days.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2903 posts
3393 upvotes
Winnipeg
This Amazon Renewed product is professionally inspected and tested by an Amazon qualified supplier.
I'm not cheap, I'm frugal!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3228 posts
494 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote: I’m tempted.

This. Certified reconditioned machines by Vitamix come with new container, lid, and tamper, a sharpened or replaced blade, and a five year (3 for explorian) warranty. Refurbished by someplace else, you don’t know what you’re getting. While this is a great price, I’d probably spend the few extra bucks to have it official. FWIW, I have a certified reconditioned 5200 and had an issue with the lid not sealing tight, I have to say Vitamix customer service is outstanding.
Last edited by jerrysiz on Dec 11th, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6411 upvotes
https://imgur.com/lS5zVTy

On amazon, there’s a picture saying it’s vitamix certified reconditioned.

Comments seem to support the fact that these do have a 3 year warranty, I guess you can always buy and return if it’s only 90 days. Product page is vague.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Dec 11th, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
599 upvotes
Brandon
Vikram19 wrote: This Amazon Renewed product is professionally inspected and tested by an Amazon qualified supplier.
jerrysiz wrote:
This. Certified reconditioned machines by Vitamix come with new container, lid, and tamper, a sharpened or replaced blade, and a five year (3 for explorian) warranty. Refurbished by someplace else, you don’t know what you’re getting. While this is a great price, I’d probably spend the few extra bucks to have it official. FWIW, I have a certified reconditioned 5200 and had an issue with the lid not sealing tight, I have to say Vitamix customer service is outstanding.
Of its not inspected by Vitamix themselves it's not worth it...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4633 posts
5831 upvotes
GTA
RFDpadawan wrote: Very hot, it's the E20 model, not the E10. The same deal happened on Black Friday but was for the black one. Refurbished models are often ones that are put out for display, opened and returned, used maybe a few times, etc. In any case, Vitamix blenders have to go through a very rigorous 17-point inspection before being authorized to be resold as certified refurbished. I.e. if the blender makes a weird noise, there's a big scratch, the pieces are chipped, etc. it automatically fails the inspection. If you're on a budget and trying to be frugal, this is really a no-brainer. Now you just have to decide if the extra 2 year is worth the extra $135.
The no brainer is the Vitamix.com deal, don't you agree?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6411 upvotes
The ones on the vitamix website are better IMO, they have presets, and dedicated on/off switches, and come with 5 year warranty.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4633 posts
5831 upvotes
GTA
kimwoobingsu wrote: The ones on the vitamix website are better IMO, they have presets, and dedicated on/off switches, and come with 5 year warranty.
yup, and only $297 after coupon and before tax
Apr 30, 2018
136 posts
466 upvotes
Kfox wrote: The no brainer is the Vitamix.com deal, don't you agree?
THAT is a hotter deal! Note that the Certified Reconditioned Standard Programs also known as Pro 500 or 6300, a C-series Vitamix blender. After some extensive research, here are the main differences for those wondering:
  • Pro 500 has 3 pre-programming functions while the E320 does not - both have pulse function.
  • Pro 500 has 2.0-hp while E320 has 2.2-hp motor - according to extensive reviews, not very noticeable and mostly for marketing purposes.
  • Pro 500 has skinny and tall 64 oz container while E320 has wide and short 64 oz container - can be deal breaker if space is an issue or if you're super nitpicky about the blending results.
  • Pro 500 at $335.56 (with VITACHAMP code, 5-year warranty, 3-set spatulas, 5-month no fee payment plan) vs E320 at $305.05 (3-year warranty, 3% ebates)
I am returning the E320 I bought on Black Friday and just purchased this one! Thanks Kfox, you the real MVP.
Dec 5, 2010
52 posts
52 upvotes
toronto
Bought the E20 on Black Friday. A couple notes:
-It is refurbished by Vitamix with a 3 year warranty.
-Despite the different claims of hp between the E10 and E20, they are exactly the same. Both bases have the same model number on the back. Difference is only in jug size.
-Mine came in a plain brown box instead of an original box. One review on Amazon said it comes with an original box.
-Vitamix.com deal is good too, but mine has to fit under the upper cupboard.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
12884 posts
3839 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
MexiCanuck wrote: I’m tempted.

I think I figured out the warranty aspect.

I think that Amazon requires that vendors of “Amazon Renewed” products to provide a minimum 90 day warranty.

I think that Vitamix provides a three year warrant on its refurbished products.

So the three years meets and exceeds the Amazon requirement of 90 days.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)