VIVO Ergonomic Leaning Perch Chair for Standing Desk Model#S02M / CAD299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2021 7:29 pm
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
905 posts
384 upvotes
Port Coquitlam

[Amazon.ca] VIVO Ergonomic Leaning Perch Chair for Standing Desk Model#S02M / CAD299.99

Edit (12 May 2021): As what I guessed/anticipated, this might be a price error (CAD299.99 vs USD349.99 elsewhere), now Amazon.ca shows currently unavailable.

Might be a warm deal for people like me, who'd like to buy a decent chair for standing desk (not wobble chair) at a reasonable price. Amazon.ca has it priced at CAD299.99 In US, it is priced at 349.99 at several retails

Walmart US https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIVO-Black-E ... /361899661
Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/383889712186?V ... 3889712186
Amazon US (currently unavailable) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RP ... merReviews

It might be a new product and has limited review at Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RP ... merReviews

Improves Posture - This adjustable leaning chair is best used with a standing desk, giving you the posture benefits of standing and the relief of sitting. Please Note: You will use different muscles than you would in a regular chair, so it’s best to acclimate yourself when first using, or switch positions throughout the day.
Height Adjustment - Change the height while seated with the pneumatic spring mechanism for smooth and fast transitions (Adjustment Range: 24” to 46.3”). Use either the hand lever or foot pedal to change the height.
Anti-Fatigue Mat - Enjoy all-day foot comfort with the anti-fatigue foam mat, relieving your feet, back, and legs from muscle strain and tension. The 16” x 16” seat has an ergonomically curved edge for spine alignment. Weight capacity is 275 lbs.
Easy Assembly - All necessary hardware and instructions are provided for a simple assembly process. Just attach the column to the base, insert the lever support, install the seat and foot mat, and it’s ready to go!
We've Got You Covered - This ergonomic stool is backed with a 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty and friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns.

Last edited by cheney on May 12th, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
905 posts
384 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
redflagdealsguy wrote: I have a standing desk but this seems very pricey.
Do you have any recommendation? I tested wobble stool and dislike it. Other similar type such as leanrite is way too expensive https://ergoimpact.com/products/leanrit ... air-lre100
Maybe drafting chair could be a choice but it is not leanable... not too many choices in the market
Nov 17, 2019
718 posts
1890 upvotes
If theOnion.com started making products this would be one of them.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21096 posts
25038 upvotes
cheney wrote: Do you have any recommendation? I tested wobble stool and dislike it. Other similar type such as leanrite is way too expensive https://ergoimpact.com/products/leanrit ... air-lre100
Maybe drafting chair could be a choice but it is not leanable... not too many choices in the market
They all seem expensive, and the wobble chairs are terrible, I agree.

I've just coached myself to 'man up' and take it. I will probably get a curved plastic anti-fatigue matt.

Eventually, I will be installing a walking treadmill, I have one that I shelved soon after COVID.
Mar 7, 2011
213 posts
234 upvotes
Calgary
cheney wrote: Do you have any recommendation? I tested wobble stool and dislike it. Other similar type such as leanrite is way too expensive https://ergoimpact.com/products/leanrit ... air-lre100

Kinda different, but I just got my husband sandals with good support. No more foot pain and he just slips them off when he's sitting.
Jul 9, 2019
431 posts
1824 upvotes
Don't buy into standing desk/chair trend. Don't force your body, let it relax. When you say sit/stand upright, you are actually holding tension in your lower back and belly. I work with my clients to release this tension, bodies are not supposed to be rigid.
Aug 24, 2016
749 posts
551 upvotes
Any good deals on actual chairs? My current Staples one is falling apart after 4 years.
Oct 24, 2010
502 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
The idea of the standing desk is to change positions throughout a long day at the computer. Relaxing into a bad postural position is terrible reccomendation.

I don't like this chair, as I find that posture will be hurt without arm rests.
Hahahapxl wrote: Don't buy into standing desk/chair trend. Don't force your body, let it relax. When you say sit/stand upright, you are actually holding tension in your lower back and belly. I work with my clients to release this tension, bodies are not supposed to be rigid.
Jul 31, 2007
763 posts
615 upvotes
if you want to stand just stand... don't half-ass it like this lmao, spend the 300$ on a motorized desk.
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
905 posts
384 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
johncraven wrote: if you want to stand just stand... don't half-ass it like this lmao, spend the 300$ on a motorized desk.
I have a motorized desk. when I spent abt 8hr a day next to the desk, just stand throughout 8hr is not good to me. Research also suggests you should change your position more often https://uwaterloo.ca/kinesiology/how-lo ... 20benefits. than 100% standing or 100% sitting.

"In the first ever laboratory-controlled study of sit-stand workstations, Callaghan found that 50 per cent of participants developed low back pain when asked to stand at an ergonomic desk for two consecutive hours. None of the participants were previous back pain sufferers."
Last edited by cheney on May 7th, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
905 posts
384 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Broskah wrote: Any good deals on actual chairs? My current Staples one is falling apart after 4 years.
My problem with a chair is, if it is comfy enough, you will never change your sitting position (maybe not for the first a few days when you buy a stand up/sit down desk). I ordered this chair for my motorized desk simply to see whether the combination would give me more chance to change my positions during the long working hours.
Last edited by cheney on May 7th, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2752 posts
2351 upvotes
BC
You should take frequent breaks...when wfh, no one would really know when you go for a minute bathroom break...
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
905 posts
384 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
muffin4life wrote: You should take frequent breaks...when wfh, no one would really know when you go for a minute bathroom break...
Yes, I do. But still you will be in the mode of fulfilling deadline often. I used to sit behind my desk when WFH. Feel much better now after I bought my motorized desk but sometimes, low back and leg tiredness developed when standing too long... So let's see whether this chair would bring some changes to me.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2752 posts
2351 upvotes
BC
cheney wrote: Yes, I do. But still you will be in the mode of fulfilling deadline often. I used to sit behind my desk when WFH. Feel much better now after I bought my motorized desk but sometimes, low back and leg tiredness developed when standing too long... So let's see whether this chair would bring some changes to me.
Guess it depends on your line of work... And urgency of getting things done...
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15825 posts
7372 upvotes
Ottawa
bam136 wrote: The idea of the standing desk is to change positions throughout a long day at the computer. Relaxing into a bad postural position is terrible reccomendation.
exactly, and I would add that even sitting at a good postural position for long periods of time is a bad thing. I have good ergonomic chairs and I still had some issues after prolonged working.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
905 posts
384 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
As what I anticipated, this might be a price error (CAD299.99 vs USD349.99 elsewhere), now Amazon.ca shows currently unavailable. I placed my order on May 6 and it is shipped out today. We will see how good (bad) it is.
Nov 7, 2010
391 posts
171 upvotes
Guelph
Any updates OP. Was looking at my chair options to upgrade my Steelcase Leap. Don't have 800-2000$ for a new chair, so I'll give this a try!

Looks like we get the cheaper price in Canada. I'll receive it Monday. Hopefully this fills the gap.
Apr 28, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
Isn't the point of a sit stand desk to allow you to stand or sit? Bit this is to allow you to stand while sitting? Isn't this over engineered?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21096 posts
25038 upvotes
FrankS84869 wrote: Isn't the point of a sit stand desk to allow you to stand or sit? Bit this is to allow you to stand while sitting? Isn't this over engineered?
The model pictured looks too short for her wobble-matron half-seat. That platform seems designed to jut into her tail bone and bake in a future injury.

I've been standing for ages now, if you learn to move your feet occassionally and adjust your motion and posture as your body demands... all seems well.

The expense involved here is silly.