Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] VIZIO SB3651-F6 36” 5.1 Channel Sound Bar - $275 (All time low @ Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2021 2:08 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2010
51 posts
68 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] VIZIO SB3651-F6 36” 5.1 Channel Sound Bar - $275 (All time low @ Amazon)

Looking for a good 5.1 sound bar set up that includes rear satellite speakers? This set is very similar to the Dolby Atmos version reviewed by rtings, but it's missing the height channels in the sound bar. Looks to be an all time low for Amazon according to c3, but as many have pointed out this was on sale at Costco in the past for $150-$200 (although that was a different version) so fire up those time machines if you think this is a bad price. I can't seem to find this anywhere else online for a lower price or any other 5.1 sound bars with dedicated rear channel speakers for <$300.
Last edited by x2008lnb on Jan 26th, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
67 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1166 posts
3033 upvotes
New Brunswick
Is this the same as the sub $200 Costco one? I had various problems with that one on my Vizio TV where either sound would drop randomly or the TV would go black for a few seconds at random.
Oct 10, 2011
133 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga
Vizio has pulled all of their products from Canada and most likely won't support warranty if purchased after their exit.

That being said I have this soundbar. Purchased from Costco several years ago for $150

Ice cold
Sep 10, 2017
276 posts
193 upvotes
At the Costco price, even with it's problems, it's an absolute steal imo. We had issues initially, but have ironed most of them out and there's nothing that can't be fixed with a soft reset. Overall, not a perfect product but you get what you pay for and what you get for the price is pretty fantastic. Glad I didn't opt for a pricier 2.1, those satellite speakers make all the difference. Gonna grab 2 more sets as soon as I find it in stock at Costco again.
Oct 24, 2010
394 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
I would only pair Vizio soundbars with Vizio TVs. Too many issues. Even have issues with my Vizio soundbar with my p65-f1. Random high pitched noise when I pause my shoe, etc. Good value on paper, but I got burned.
Aug 19, 2019
40 posts
60 upvotes
BranCracker wrote: Is this the same as the sub $200 Costco one? I had various problems with that one on my Vizio TV where either sound would drop randomly or the TV would go black for a few seconds at random.
Turn eco power mode off on the sound bar remote and it will fix all your problems.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
7534 posts
3759 upvotes
barks1andrew wrote: Vizio has pulled all of their products from Canada and most likely won't support warranty if purchased after their exit.

That being said I have this soundbar. Purchased from Costco several years ago for $150

Ice cold
To the contrary, VIZIO is still honouring warranties without issue even though they no longer maintain sales channels in Canada.
Last edited by SoroSuub1 on Jan 26th, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 23, 2007
386 posts
97 upvotes
Can someone recommend a similar soundbar that has the satellite speakers that attached to the subwoofer? Seems like Vizio has a bad reputation so looking for alternatives.
Jan 12, 2004
766 posts
350 upvotes
Costco was e6, this one is f6. Although there's no official comparison it appears that the F6 supports DTS Virtual:X, improved the connectivity issue and has a bigger sub. The difference is probably not enough to justify the price difference for most people.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/vizio- ... 6.3031396/
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2369 posts
521 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
edit; wrong model I was talking about. deleted
Last edited by crashxxx on Jan 26th, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2686 posts
2568 upvotes
The vizio soundbar is great for value, but mine didn't last long and broke.. bought from costco possibly 2 years ago. Didn't use it that much but one day it just wouldn't turn on.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2369 posts
521 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Alexdubzz wrote: You are not referring to the same model.
I stand corrected.
Second rule of RFD ... don't talk about stocktrack.ca with non-members of RFD
Third rule of RFD ... see first rule. if you don`t know first rule, someone`s following the rules ;)

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1388 posts
1528 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Correct me if I'm wrong but the other costco one didn't have HDMI input only optical TOSLINK. This only has HDMI ARC which is a huge improvement
Nov 28, 2016
630 posts
233 upvotes
Costco one has HDMI ARC
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1166 posts
3033 upvotes
New Brunswick
goozy1 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but the other costco one didn't have HDMI input only optical TOSLINK. This only has HDMI ARC which is a huge improvement
The Costco one had both HDMI ARC and optical
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10938 posts
1110 upvotes
Squamish
I ended up buying vizio tv+soundbar before based on recommendations and some reviews. Yes, the price was better than others but it's just one annoyance after another.

In hindsight wish I just got a better setup without stupid quirks.
Dec 18, 2008
942 posts
73 upvotes
I see that the H6] is going for $304. Any comments on that model ? I assume it's newer (and better?).
Jul 23, 2013
256 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal, QC
INB4 time machine comment, but I got a similar model (SB3651-E6) this on clearance at Costco for 99.97$ last year.

Great sound bar, however it has it's quirks (shuts itself off after long periods of use even with the eco mode turned off).
Not sure if the F6 model does the same.
Nov 15, 2020
600 posts
1129 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: The vizio soundbar is great for value, but mine didn't last long and broke.. bought from costco possibly 2 years ago. Didn't use it that much but one day it just wouldn't turn on.
Just return it to Costco. That's what I did when my first one only lasted about a year and just got another one. Costco even refunded me extra for the cost difference to get a new one at the time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)