• Feb 17th, 2017 5:08 pm
[OP]
Banned
Nov 24, 2016
410 posts
1019 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater, Gray $84

Edit: Deal is expired, price back to $105

The Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater is on lightning deal. Lowest price ever was $74.29.
Comes with a 5 yr warranty.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00MB4BQ24?pf_ ... KK7AKGBGN4

Last edited by Sp33dk1d on Feb 16th, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Sep 11, 2011
654 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a great alternative to bigger heaters. If it does work well, probalably less electricity usage than other heaters too! Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3257 posts
3075 upvotes
Mordor
ApocDeals wrote: Looks like a great alternative to bigger heaters. If it does work well, probalably less electricity usage than other heaters too! Thanks OP
bought one too for the same reason....
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1852 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
going to give this a shot for heating up my gym in the garage.
Banned
Oct 6, 2016
7 posts
1 upvote
This Vortex Heater small, quiet and excellent, is very good in use.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5557 posts
4567 upvotes
Edmonton
ApocDeals wrote: Looks like a great alternative to bigger heaters. If it does work well, probalably less electricity usage than other heaters too! Thanks OP
Sorry but that's not possible. Every single electric heater is 100% efficient. It's impossible for one heater to use less electricity than another. Theoretically, you could plug in 15 (100w) light bulbs and it would put out the same amount of heat and use the same electricity as this unit at 1500w. The reason this heater is marketed as a "whole house" unit is because it has a little cheap fan that blows air around, but it doesn't actually add anymore heat to the room. These heater companies have been doing shady marketing for years trying to use terminology to confuse people and make them think their heaters are more efficient than others.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7140 posts
1349 upvotes
If warm air circulates the room - then the room warms up faster than having a regular heater without a fan sit there and just warm up one part of the room... Thus with vornado, you don't have to have it on as long... Therefore use less energy.
adamtheman wrote: Sorry but that's not possible. Every single electric heater is 100% efficient. It's impossible for one heater to use less electricity than another. Theoretically, you could plug in 15 (100w) light bulbs and it would put out the same amount of heat and use the same electricity as this unit at 1500w. The reason this heater is marketed as a "whole house" unit is because it has a little cheap fan that blows air around, but it doesn't actually add anymore heat to the room. These heater companies have been doing shady marketing for years trying to use terminology to confuse people and make them think their heaters are more efficient than others.
Nov 2, 2016
76 posts
42 upvotes
I've had this heater for a couple of years now and would definitely recommend it. Very quiet even on high.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3295 posts
3890 upvotes
Oakville
I have a $37 dollar equivalent 1200 watt heater from homedepot that does the same thing with the same features. I'm just for $10 more you can get the 1500 watt fan heater. This looks overpriced. The Home Depot once does not have a 5 year warranty. But I've had mine two years and no problems, so I'd rather buy two of the homedepot ones than one of the one OP posted.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1852 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: I have a $37 dollar equivalent 1200 watt heater from homedepot that does the same thing with the same features. I'm just for $10 more you can get the 1500 watt fan heater. This looks overpriced. The Home Depot once does not have a 5 year warranty. But I've had mine two years and no problems, so I'd rather buy two of the homedepot ones than one of the one OP posted.
be great if you can tell us what its called