• Jun 10th, 2021 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 28, 2019
3 posts
5 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Voxelab Proxima Resin 3D Printer $295-$80=$215

Noticed this Amazon coupon, $80 off a good entry resin printer. Seems to be sold by flashforge, so a good bet.

Not a lot of reviews, seems to be new to market. Generally positive reception.

Video review:

Hopefully this helps someone else too!
11 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1066 posts
1197 upvotes
Nevermind. I just read up about it. It's a 3d printer designed to use resin instead of the filament.

I have the filament 3d printer. I hate it.
May 28, 2016
204 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
xtrmDeals wrote: Nevermind. I just read up about it. It's a 3d printer designed to use resin instead of the filament.

I have the filament 3d printer. I hate it.
I'm curious, which fdm 3d printer do you have and what do you hate about it?
Sep 23, 2006
577 posts
603 upvotes
Cheaper to get it directly from Voxelab. It is $189 US all in, which comes out to around $235. Through Amazon is $215 + taxes, so for most provinces it comes out to $240. Voxelab drop ships from Amazon Canada, so no extra fees, and you get it almost as fast.

https://www.voxelab3dp.com/product/prox ... 3d-printer
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1066 posts
1197 upvotes
RFDNoob101 wrote: I'm curious, which fdm 3d printer do you have and what do you hate about it?
I have this one: Creality Ender 3 V2 3D Printer Upgraded with Silent Motherboard, Meanwell Power Supply,Tempered Carborundum Glass Plate and Resume Printing 220x220x250mm, Intergrated Structure 3D Printer

The first few times it printed fine, but then after that no matter what I do, I can't get it to print. The friggin' nozzle keeps on dragging the filament with it. I have spent hours and hours on it and have decided to pull a Sameer on it some day (Reference: Office Space Movie).

-
Untitled.jpg
Nov 7, 2008
452 posts
186 upvotes
Vancouver
I can't seem to tell the difference between OP's link and this other Amazon listing for what seems to be the same thing but is $210 after $40 coupon and $45 price drop:

https://www.amazon.ca/Proxima-Monochrom ... B08FR7VVCJ

Both seem to be the same thing but this is $5 less and might have different shipping options.
May 28, 2016
204 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
xtrmDeals wrote: I have this one: Creality Ender 3 V2 3D Printer Upgraded with Silent Motherboard, Meanwell Power Supply,Tempered Carborundum Glass Plate and Resume Printing 220x220x250mm, Intergrated Structure 3D Printer

The first few times it printed fine, but then after that no matter what I do, I can't get it to print. The friggin' nozzle keeps on dragging the filament with it. I have spent hours and hours on it and have decided to pull a Sameer on it some day (Reference: Office Space Movie).
Lol, I would gladly take that off your hands if you ever decide to part ways with it (smashed or otherwise).
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1066 posts
1197 upvotes
RFDNoob101 wrote: Lol, I would gladly take that off your hands if you ever decide to part ways with it (smashed or otherwise).
lol ... My son would be happy to sell it (somehow I don't think you were offering to buy it).
Jul 19, 2019
48 posts
47 upvotes
Avoid this one spend a tiny bit more and just get the Mono or Mars 2. Its insanely loud. I'm not joking I have had 3d printers with the older loud stepper drivers and this thing takes the cake. AVOID.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1559 posts
975 upvotes
Vancouver
I almost bought this but ended up getting a Mars 2 (no need to get the pro, they're basically the same). The Mars 3 just came out today by the way, but it's 4K and costs a bit more.

The reason why I suggest an Elegoo Mars is because of the support. They have great support, but more importantly there is a big community. 3D printing in general requires a lot of tinkering and troubleshooting with settings alone. I had an FDM printer for a few years before finally getting a resin printer. Absolutely amazing for scale hobbies. Getting started was tricky and I'd imagine it would be even trickier if I had purchased a printer with less support.

Also keep in mind that resin printing is very toxic and requires good ventilation and precautions. It's also MUCH messier than FDM.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
2433 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xtrmDeals wrote: I have this one: Creality Ender 3 V2 3D Printer Upgraded with Silent Motherboard, Meanwell Power Supply,Tempered Carborundum Glass Plate and Resume Printing 220x220x250mm, Intergrated Structure 3D Printer

It's a machine tool, not a consumer grade plug and play device. You have to set it up properly, periodically tune it and adjust it every time you change filaments, this is true for any 3d printer you buy.

In your case it could be as simple as the retraction being set too low in your print settings.