Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] VPCOK Sous Vide Cooker with Sous Vide Cookbook Immersion Circulator Sous Vide Machine 69.77

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2020 6:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1878 posts
1359 upvotes
Surrey

[Amazon.ca] VPCOK Sous Vide Cooker with Sous Vide Cookbook Immersion Circulator Sous Vide Machine 69.77

$99.77 minus the $30 clipped coupon. I bought one on the last sale. Haven't used it yet Smiling Face With Open Mouth
26 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3249 posts
4406 upvotes
BC
Might be better to spend a bit more for a reputable brand not an amazon reseller named VPCOK..
Jan 22, 2009
1 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
I have used this for over a year. No issues so far and i use it once a week.
Dec 18, 2005
927 posts
1001 upvotes
Montreal
These pop up every so often rebadged with different brand names. I bought an identical one under the "Omorc" brand last year and it works just fine.
Apr 12, 2016
138 posts
205 upvotes
BC
Bought this the last time it was on sale, works great and I use it at least once if not twice a week.
Jul 29, 2016
248 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
uteng wrote: I have used this for over a year. No issues so far and i use it once a week.
paulcbz wrote: Bought this the last time it was on sale, works great and I use it at least once if not twice a week.
Curious to know what do you cook? Since you both mentioned using it at least once a week?
Apr 12, 2016
138 posts
205 upvotes
BC
lmx116 wrote: Curious to know what do you cook? Since you both mentioned using it at least once a week?
steak, fish, chicken breasts, to name a few.
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
123 posts
195 upvotes
Montreal
is this mostly for meat/fish ? what about veggies?
Jan 12, 2005
141 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Bought one. The price is $65.99 after $30 off with no tax and free shipping. I read a few recent comments and a bit concerned of the accuracy and build quality. Will check the accuracy with Thermapen MK4.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3147 posts
1304 upvotes
Montreal
What a brand name.
Feb 5, 2016
253 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
uteng wrote: I have used this for over a year. No issues so far and i use it once a week.
paulcbz wrote: Bought this the last time it was on sale, works great and I use it at least once if not twice a week.
wruoca wrote: Bought one. The price is $65.99 after $30 off with no tax and free shipping. I read a few recent comments and a bit concerned of the accuracy and build quality. Will check the accuracy with Thermapen MK4.

Thanks OP.
Can you guys report the temp accuracy and what thermometer you’re using
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2190 posts
1216 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Can anyone recommend a vacuum sealer? They seem to vary wildly in price.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8424 posts
3610 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
peakingduck wrote: Might be better to spend a bit more for a reputable brand not an amazon reseller named VPCOK..
Maybe there is one called PPCOK.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2190 posts
1216 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Is this one actually any good? 3/5 stars is not encouraging.. :)

Edit: and one of the five star reviews looks like it should be a one star.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2190 posts
1216 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I ended up ordering the VPCOK vacuum sealer as well: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07S9Z ... le_o00_s00

There was an additional 15% off the sealer (stacks with the $20 and $30 coupons for each item) when you buy both in the same order.

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2251 posts
1814 upvotes
Markham
paulcbz wrote: steak, fish, chicken breasts, to name a few.
Yeah, chicken breast comes our incredibly awesome via sous vide cooking. Planning to make some picanha tonight with my sous vide cooker.
Plainview wrote: is this mostly for meat/fish ? what about veggies?
I have used my sous vide for potatoes (to mash), carrots, asparagus and cauliflower thus far. I wouldn’t bother using for leafy vegetables since I typically stir fry those.

End of the day, I still use my grill, stove, Instant Pot and oven to BBQ, stew, boil stuff, roast stuff and fry foods. My Anova sous vide is simply another tool.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Oct 27, 2005
339 posts
29 upvotes
Was looking into Sous vide stuff last night - $108 for the Cooker and the vacuum sealer seems pretty good - hope the good reviews are true - thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1049 posts
486 upvotes
GeeCee wrote: Can anyone recommend a vacuum sealer? They seem to vary wildly in price.
If you can wait, ebay sells sealers for 2 to 5$. Amazon sells those same sealers for 40$