• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 12:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1130 posts
308 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] VPCOK Sous Vide Immersion Cooker - $59.77

Looks like this immersion cooker is back on sale on Amazon for $60 taxes and shipping included. Just ordered one last night and reviews seem alright.

This deal was talked about in the past here: amazon-ca-vpcok-sous-vide-cooker-sous-v ... 7-2383558/

Edit: Should have noted you must click on the "Apply CDN $30 Coupon" to get to the $59.77 price. Price Breakdown ($99.97 - $10 sale - $30 coupon = $59.97)
11 replies
Sep 23, 2007
196 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
I probably replied in the other thread as well, but for anyone curious, I picked up one of these to have as a backup and addition to my Anova. I don't use the wifi feature so I can't speak to that, but I've been very happy with it so far, particularly for the price. Runs silent, brings water up to temp quick and temp is within 1 degree of the setting (tested with two other thermometers).

It's fairly large, but not substantially larger than my Anova, so I don't mind. The built in clip isn't as nice to work with (for me) as Anova's bolt-on holder, but that's a minor detail. For anyone who wants to get into sous vide without breaking the bank, $60 is an absolute steal.
Mar 21, 2005
74 posts
16 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Thanks! Been thinking about buying a sous vide cooker for a while - pulled the trigger on this one. I figure I can use my large pasta pot with this to start instead of buying a dedicated container.
Jun 9, 2019
17 posts
12 upvotes
Looks like their whole system is on sale, if someone is new to sous vide and needs the cooker, container and vacuum sealer...$147.15 (no tax)

The sous vide cooker and container is $30 off (coupon) and the vacuum sealer is 50% using code UAGSE6Q7...Also, if you add 2 VPCOK items together you get an additional 10% off.

VPCOK container

VPCOK vacuum sealer
Screenshot_20200814-104920_2.png
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2949 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
anybody have feedback on the vac sealer?
May 10, 2010
541 posts
827 upvotes
London
I've wanted to try one of these for a while. $60 is a pretty good price, this will come in handy in the winter when I can't BBQ.
Apr 10, 2003
170 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
60.00 deal creeping up-to 150.00...lol rfd
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9752 posts
1247 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP and NineOne for mini review. I remember the deal coming up previously but missed it. I have always wanted to try Sous Vide but I am not sure if I would use it enough to justify the more expensive models so this will be good to try and see how it goes. Glad to hear it is comparable to the more expensive models and holds temp well.
Sep 17, 2012
50 posts
50 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've also wanted to try this, but do you really need specific bags and containers to do so? or will any container and plastic storage bag (i.e. freezer bags) do?
Feb 4, 2007
535 posts
349 upvotes
For those using ziplock bags for DIY sousvide bags, do they hold up? I always thought re-using plastics that get hot was a bad idea due to the chemical breakdown of the plastic polymers?
Oct 19, 2007
991 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal
mb2236 wrote: I've also wanted to try this, but do you really need specific bags and containers to do so? or will any container and plastic storage bag (i.e. freezer bags) do?
Yes, check youtube for the "ziploc immersion method", it's a great alternative to having a sous-vide vacuum machine. I've used this technique for about a year and it works really great. I now use a vacuum sealer but it's not that much better.