Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

VTech Digital Video Baby Monitor with 2.8" LCD 2 Cameras and Automatic Night Vision $89.99 after 44% OFF

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2022 10:18 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1663 posts
1607 upvotes
James Stonehenge wrote: These vtechs run hot, well the two I got did and I returned them
Our baby monitor broke twice (forgot brand, might have been VTech). First one the power charging stopped working. This happened so early on that I could still exchange/refund at Toys' R us.

The second one was very fragile. We dropped it from a fair height (like you often drop your cellphone) and the screen cracked and broken right away, won't even show 1/3 of the screen. We were like "Come on, we dropped our cellphone at this height like 100s of times and our cellphone still works!" Ended up giving away the broken monitor and still working camera for free.

This is why to us, baby monitors are total rip offs. They are built very fragile and easily broken, to force you to buy new ones.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1368 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
CCHIPSS wrote: Our baby monitor broke twice (forgot brand, might have been VTech). First one the power charging stopped working. This happened so early on that I could still exchange/refund at Toys' R us.

The second one was very fragile. We dropped it from a fair height (like you often drop your cellphone) and the screen cracked and broken right away, won't even show 1/3 of the screen. We were like "Come on, we dropped our cellphone at this height like 100s of times and our cellphone still works!" Ended up giving away the broken monitor and still working camera for free.

This is why to us, baby monitors are total rip offs. They are built very fragile and easily broken, to force you to buy new ones.
I guess it depends what you buy. We had a Motorola that has been abused for the last 4 years, still works but battery won’t last long. Easily replacement though
JS
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1334 posts
1156 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Don't bother with Wi-Fi. People can say what they want about convenient but someone hacked my cheapo baby monitor so I won't touch Wi-fi ever again for these devices.
There isn't anything wrong with Wi-Fi the problem is the "cheapo baby monitor". You're only as secure as your weakest link.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
23687 posts
11796 upvotes
Toronto
Flunk wrote: There isn't anything wrong with Wi-Fi the problem is the "cheapo baby monitor". You're only as secure as your weakest link.
I don't know, you start watching a few specials on YouTube about cyber security and cameras in your home and you think otherwise.
Toronto Police at my door was enough to scare me, I'm done with Wi-Fi cameras in my personal home.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7878 posts
8839 upvotes
Montréal
CCHIPSS wrote: Our baby monitor broke twice (forgot brand, might have been VTech). First one the power charging stopped working. This happened so early on that I could still exchange/refund at Toys' R us.

I guess that baby monitor screens are not made of Gorilla glass

You compare a cell phone with gorilla glass with a baby monitor with a regular screen. A baby monitor should not drop . I know, s**t can happen, but I never dropped my Google Nest hub...