Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Wahl Performer (20 Piece Home Cut Kit) $19.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 12:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
17129 posts
4584 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Wahl Performer (20 Piece Home Cut Kit) $19.97

Back in STOCK at Amazon.ca and Walmart.ca

The Performer is a quality, economical clipper featuring a powerful, quiet motor. Kit is complete with accessories and soft storage case.

Precision honed steel blades are self sharpening for accuracy and durability.
10 guide combs cut a variety of lengths
Ergonomic shape makes it easy to hold any way you like.
Assembled product dimensions: L 6.50 inches x W 2.62 inches x H 9.25 inches x W 2.05 pounds

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004OL ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/wahl-perfo ... AqD7bLWUPI


Updated: OOS at Amazon. Still have stock at Walmart.ca
Updated Aug 8: Back in stock at Amazon

or next one will be $25

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B074MC74S1/ref=dp_cerb_1
Last edited by kiasu on Aug 8th, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
100 replies
Member
Jun 30, 2016
225 posts
151 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Aah, sane prices return for hair-clippers.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1404 posts
1645 upvotes
GTA
I bought it impulsively but now wondering if I should've bought a battery operated one instead... The cord might get in the way of fine detailing
Member
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
212 upvotes
Anyone know if this takes both 120v and 220v electrical sources or only 120?
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
17129 posts
4584 upvotes
MeatJuice wrote: Anyone know if this takes both 120v and 220v electrical sources or only 120?
Only 120V
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
17129 posts
4584 upvotes
this kit is awesome...been using it since April for my dad, kids and myself...pickup another set for my dad...

don't think I am going back to saloon or barber anymore (may be once a year?) LOL...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 10, 2017
140 posts
216 upvotes
does this one vibrate to the point of giving you shell shock? I bought a wahl clipper (the burgundy one) and my hand is numb after i cut my hair
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 23, 2019
581 posts
430 upvotes
Riffer wrote: Unfortunately I had had enough and bought the 3181 Deluxe kit for 79.99 a few weeks ago.

I should resign my RFD membership :(
At least thats made in US i think. you're paying for higher quality but maybe a little higher than normal since Costco had one for cheaper...
Sr. Member
Sep 28, 2008
568 posts
551 upvotes
Can anyone recommend a premium one that's worth paying extra for?
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
17129 posts
4584 upvotes
Riffer wrote: Unfortunately I had had enough and bought the 3181 Deluxe kit for 79.99 a few weeks ago.

I should resign my RFD membership :(
is ok...as long as u used it for 8 times...assuming each cut is $10 out there...so $10 x 8...that is your ROI...lol
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Member
Dec 29, 2014
486 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kiasu wrote: this kit is awesome...been using it since April for my dad, kids and myself...pickup another set for my dad...

don't think I am going back to saloon or barber anymore (may be once a year?) LOL...
Can you please tell me the dimensions of the combs? How short will the haircut be if the longest comb is used?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20534 posts
13927 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
elaw25 wrote: does this one vibrate to the point of giving you shell shock? I bought a wahl clipper (the burgundy one) and my hand is numb after i cut my hair
All Wahl clippers work basically on the same principles - one stationary 'blade' while the other vibrates across it so when the hair falls between the two blades, the hair is cut.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20534 posts
13927 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
As someone who has two Wahl clippers which are at least 25 years and 40 years old, please remember to:

1. Use Wahl oil to lubricate the cutters - you don't need much, just a drop. Without lubrication, the cutters will get hot during use and may be uncomfortable next to the skin hot.
2. Disassemble the blade assembly once in a while to clean out the scraps of hair that make it into the cutter block assembly. By cleaning out those bits of hair, the cutter will vibrate less. And while you are there, place a thin coat of Wahl oil between the two cutters.
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2017
834 posts
938 upvotes
how does one retighten the screws after taking it apart for cleaning? I find that loose enough to allow the vibration also lets them back out after a few minutes.
.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
17129 posts
4584 upvotes
Striker60 wrote: Can you please tell me the dimensions of the combs? How short will the haircut be if the longest comb is used?
they come with different number as the shortest is label as #1...I will have to check for the dimension but I am pretty sure is all standard and u can find it on Google
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
17129 posts
4584 upvotes
craftsman wrote: As someone who has two Wahl clippers which are at least 25 years and 40 years old, please remember to:

1. Use Wahl oil to lubricate the cutters - you don't need much, just a drop. Without lubrication, the cutters will get hot during use and may be uncomfortable next to the skin hot.
2. Disassemble the blade assembly once in a while to clean out the scraps of hair that make it into the cutter block assembly. By cleaning out those bits of hair, the cutter will vibrate less. And while you are there, place a thin coat of Wahl oil between the two cutters.
can I just rinse it under the water?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Member
User avatar
Nov 20, 2010
433 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Found it on the Wahl website https://ca.wahl.com/Products/Home-Groom ... -3160.aspx

This is what it comes with, I feel the guides jump quite a bit so can't really do a good fade.
  • #3160 Multi-cut clipper
  • Blade guard
  • Soft storage case
  • 10 guide combs (1/8” (3mm), 1/4” (6mm), 3/8” (10mm), 1/2” (13mm), 5/8” (16mm), 3/4” (19mm), 7/8“ (22mm), 1” (25mm), Left ear taper, Right ear taper)
  • Barber comb
  • Styling comb
  • Pocket comb
  • Scissors
  • Blade oil
  • Hair clip
  • Cleaning brush
  • Instructions/Styling guide
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 6, 2003
2014 posts
347 upvotes
COU
I just started with the number 7 and worked my way down. Ended up at 4.

Botched it up on the sides the first time but it'll grow back. I had to use my razor and electric to touch things up.

To be honest, I doubt I will pay for a haircut again. Granted I look like a thug out of a British gangster movie, but I understand the appeal of a buzzcut now. No hassles.

Top