Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Wahoo Elemnt Bolt cycling gps/computer - $230 (all time low)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2020 11:43 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20951 posts
3505 upvotes
YUL

[Amazon.ca] Wahoo Elemnt Bolt cycling gps/computer - $230 (all time low)

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt cycling computer/gps
I’ve had my eye on this for a while and noticed that the price today dropped to $230. Ships and sold by Amazon.ca

Next lowest price is $300, according to CCC, so we are $70 below that. Seems like a good deal if you need a cycling gps computer

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 27th, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: can you repost with a clean link? yours had a non-RFD affiliate tag
44 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1845 posts
295 upvotes
Interesting, was going to hold out to replace my Edge 800 but at this price I think I'll pull the trigger on this.

Wonder if Wahoo has a new unit coming.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Sep 29, 2010
88 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
If Wahoo Elemnt Bolt had re-routing feature - it would be awesome. But right now if you miss your turn and get lost, its up to you to find your route back...

Still waiting for Roam to go on sale...
Sep 27, 2003
10247 posts
2776 upvotes
Newmarket
Great deal! I personally prefer my Garmin due to the ecosystem and fact that I don't need to pay for Strava to get the data I want (the Garmin Connect platform is good enough for me).
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1845 posts
295 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote: Garmin 1030 is on sale too for about $600. I'm debating if I need one as a triathlete. I use my Garmin Fenix 5X watch for everything and not sure I need a dedicated cycling computer.

https://www.amazon.ca/Garmin-010-01758- ... rts&sr=1-1
It was $399 during prime days. I like having a head unit so I can see stats or directions infant of me rather than glancing at my wrist.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Nov 10, 2019
192 posts
139 upvotes
Great device I have this for the past 2 years still works great! No complaint. When I bought it for around $500, it included a speedometer and heart sensor strap thingie from wahoo that records into the bike computer and syncs with strava.
Last edited by kimchibowl on Oct 27th, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 2, 2003
561 posts
324 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. Great deal!
Nov 10, 2019
192 posts
139 upvotes
andrew_canada wrote: If Wahoo Elemnt Bolt had re-routing feature - it would be awesome. But right now if you miss your turn and get lost, its up to you to find your route back...

Still waiting for Roam to go on sale...
It's impossible to get lost after missing a turn because there's a thick line that tracks where you come from and where you need to be to get back on track. Point of having a gps bike computer is you never really get lost. Plus it alerts you of missing a turn.

I've never gone too off my route so don't know about re routing, never been an issue for me.
Nov 13, 2018
519 posts
1232 upvotes
Edge 130 was like $130 on prime days.

I was on the fence last year but decided to stick with Garmin and I'm really happy with it.

DCRainMaker states they're basically the same, except wahoo you're forced to use an app to modify the screens.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1845 posts
295 upvotes
Ugh I waited too long.
Dec 15, 2017
67 posts
21 upvotes
I had the element bolt for a short time in June but I returned it and bought the edge 530. I found the element lacking in certain areas, like how you couldn't get turn by turn navigation unless you upload the route with aps like ridewithgps (which is a pay per month sort of service). If turn by turn navi isn't your thing the element did everything else we'll. The live tracking on it was leaps and bounds better than Garmin according to my wife. Where Garmin live track would stop working randomly the wahoo would work flawlessly and in real time.
Aug 30, 2009
40 posts
56 upvotes
Calgary
I have the BOLT and use the free version of RidewithGPS to map my routes. The BOLT loads your routes through WiFi and you just select it. It's a 2 step process but RidewithGPS's mapping features through a browser are really good.
Nov 10, 2019
192 posts
139 upvotes
Jayhaz wrote: I had the element bolt for a short time in June but I returned it and bought the edge 530. I found the element lacking in certain areas, like how you couldn't get turn by turn navigation unless you upload the route with aps like ridewithgps (which is a pay per month sort of service). If turn by turn navi isn't your thing the element did everything else we'll. The live tracking on it was leaps and bounds better than Garmin according to my wife. Where Garmin live track would stop working randomly the wahoo would work flawlessly and in real time.
I personally paid a one time fee to Komoot for it's UI simplicity and ease of plotting routes and sync the routes to the wahoo. Then I have turn by turn navigation.

https://www.komoot.com/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6072 posts
2427 upvotes
Canuckland
I’m a cyclist but I never found them useful, how are you people using this? I much prefer having my phone in place of it
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2039 posts
353 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: I’m a cyclist but I never found them useful, how are you people using this? I much prefer having my phone in place of it
phone with quad lock is all you need.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.