Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca, Walmart

Melitta Pour Over Coffee Maker - $3.98 + $3.00 off (instore only w/ coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2021 8:50 pm
[OP]
Aug 19, 2018
161 posts
86 upvotes

Melitta Pour Over Coffee Maker - $3.98 + $3.00 off (instore only w/ coupon)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
58% off
Retailer:
Amazon.ca, Walmart
Melitta Pour over Coffee Brewer - $3.98, Reg $9.58.

Sometimes goes on sale for this price according to the 3 C's, but great price for a 5* cheap pour over maker.

https://www.amazon.ca/MELITTA-Plastic-P ... B00CHILTMG

Also available in store and online at Walmart for the same price $3.00 off using coupon. Bringing total to $0.98. Thank you to @Emporium
https://www.melitta.ca/coupons_English,6888.html

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=5543764082
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/melitta-po ... 0154190261
Last edited by makaheehee on May 22nd, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
46 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2954 posts
2793 upvotes
Montreal, QC
$3.98 is regular price at walmart, but many stores don't carry it.

If your store carries it and you planning to pick it up in person, you can use the Melita coupon to get another $3 off, brining it down to less than a $1.
https://www.melitta.ca/coupons_English,6888.html

It's nothing fancy, but does the job.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1028 posts
654 upvotes
If only this wasn't plastic! Not sure how I feel about pouring boiling water over this continuously
Zoomer Wireless user 😄
Nov 17, 2009
98 posts
84 upvotes
LDN2012 wrote: If only this wasn't plastic! Not sure how I feel about pouring boiling water over this continuously
Theres also a ceramic one available. Not the same price but worth it in long run.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1953 posts
1464 upvotes
Langley
LDN2012 wrote: If only this wasn't plastic! Not sure how I feel about pouring boiling water over this continuously
Been using almost daily for years... it’s BPA free and very hard plastic the risk is very low. Heck I haven’t grown an extra toe yet so it can’t be that bad
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4847 posts
2229 upvotes
GTA
I approve. Recently switched from using a french press to this. I like it. Making the coffee takes a bit longer but barely any clean up to deal with is nice.
Apr 1, 2019
85 posts
57 upvotes
Impossible to melt or distort this thing if that's your concern. Used for 10+ years. Eventually it gets stained brownish from the coffee but honestly easiest longest lasting drip coffee maker ever. Would be quite difficult to break it accidentally. Just throw in the dishwasher however often, no problem. 1 for camping, 1 for cottage, 1 for home.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1512 posts
1746 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Made in the USA. Great quality.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2693 posts
381 upvotes
PC West Coast dark roast and this pour over technique FTW.
Feb 4, 2007
634 posts
441 upvotes
What's your grind level? I tried medium fine this morning and my pour through took a terribly long time...
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2095 posts
788 upvotes
Where do you get filters for these bad boys
Jan 9, 2014
904 posts
541 upvotes
Toronto
NamesJeb wrote: Impossible to melt or distort this thing if that's your concern. Used for 10+ years. Eventually it gets stained brownish from the coffee but honestly easiest longest lasting drip coffee maker ever. Would be quite difficult to break it accidentally. Just throw in the dishwasher however often, no problem. 1 for camping, 1 for cottage, 1 for home.
So jealous of you guys that have a home AND a cottage...
Sep 4, 2016
254 posts
341 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: I approve. Recently switched from using a french press to this. I like it. Making the coffee takes a bit longer but barely any clean up to deal with is nice.
Agreed. I recently switched too and there now residue like with a French press and it's perfect for a single cup st a time.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1978 posts
1471 upvotes
GTA West
Had this for years. This is the best pour over coffee maker. The openings in the base lets you see how full the cup is and it is a generous size.
Apr 1, 2019
85 posts
57 upvotes
Mysticode wrote: What's your grind level? I tried medium fine this morning and my pour through took a terribly long time...
I've never had any issues regardless of grind level. I suppose slightly more coarse ground would go a bit quicker however.
Apr 1, 2019
85 posts
57 upvotes
goodguy90 wrote: Where do you get filters for these bad boys
Any grocery store. #2 cone filter. Have yet to find an amazing deal on the filters anywhere though. (Best so far was at metro when they were on sale 150 for $3) Anyone else score better prices on the filters?
Nov 2, 2018
74 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver
Mysticode wrote: What's your grind level? I tried medium fine this morning and my pour through took a terribly long time...
If it takes too long then you need to adjust the grind size a bit coarser but not too coarse or else it will go through too fast and not get extracted enough. Also your beans will make a difference between light/medium/dark, dry/oily and grocery store(made in massive batches) or local hipster cafes (small batches). You just need to find a balance through trial and error.
May 2, 2013
128 posts
272 upvotes
St. John's
These are also very convenient for filtering batches of cold brew: pour through a strainer first, then through the pour-over.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1978 posts
1471 upvotes
GTA West
NamesJeb wrote: Any grocery store. #2 cone filter. Have yet to find an amazing deal on the filters anywhere though. (Best so far was at metro when they were on sale 150 for $3) Anyone else score better prices on the filters?
Our local Costco has the #4 cone filters in packs of 600. The larger size is just fine in a pour over filter. If memory serves, they cost about $8 - 9, or 1.5 cents each. We use them for our morning pot from the machine as well as for the single cups I make for myself throughout the day. 600 lasts us about 6 months.